Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patty21 View Post
    Here you can find a new version.

Works again:
    - View logs
    - View spoiler

New:
    - You can open the gc.com website in the browser directly from the cache view (i.e. if the description is broken or they are using large images).

Does not work:
    - View gallery
    - Post a log
    Seems to work. Thanx very much. I hate to depend on my geocaching pal and his iPhone.

Any idea why we cannot post logs? Not that I am ungrateful...I appreciate all the work that goes into the apps, just hoping to compete with my iPhone and Android using friends.
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    V -> Vx -> Treo 90 -> Tungsten E -> Centro -> Pre Plus -> Pre 2
    Hi patty21,

thanks a lot for providing a new version.

I think even the previous version worked so far (except of viewing the logs), I used it the last time 10/04 successfully, but now, for both the previous (8_25) and the latest version (11.02) I can see the following issue:
    the app can load the caches nearby in a second attempt, but when selecting an individual cache, it fails with "Error occured on cache code parsing".

So most likely GC changed the webpage once again...
    They changed the website again ...

Fixed:
    - Cache code parsing
    - View gallery
    - Logs with attached images
    - Trackable goal / description
    - Post cache logs
    - Post trackable logs

New:
    - Your own caches will now marked by a star in the list view.

Here you can download the current version.

I'm thinking about moving this code to a new app and release it in preware / app catalog. Only georgo can update the current app but I don't think, that he wants to continue develop.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    They changed the website again ...

Fixed:
    - Cache code parsing
    - View gallery
    - Logs with attached images
    - Trackable goal / description
    - Post cache logs
    - Post trackable logs

New:
    - Your own caches will now marked by a star in the list view.

Here you can download the current version.

I'm thinking about moving this code to a new app and release it in preware / app catalog. Only georgo can update the current app but I don't think, that he wants to continue develop.
    Patty21, If you do make sure you announce it to us. I for one have been very thankful for your updates. It sucks being a Geocaching Pre user at times. I was out today with a buddy of mine who is an iPhone user and his app worked while the last version of the one for my Pre did not. I was so embarrassed. I rely on my Pre to cache paperlessly but with all the changes that go on with the Geocaching web site, Geocaching for WebOS is just not cutting it at times.

As for Georgo, I am not sure what is going on in his life. I hope everything is okay with him.

If the rain stops here I will give it a go tomorrow. Actually while I would love to cache tomorrow, we really need the rain badly, We are in a drought situation here in Texas.
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    Hi Patty21, you definitely made my day and my next week, as I planned to go caching next week when I'm out on business, and already thought about the pain of downloading waypoints, and doing all the stuff manually again.
    So, many, many thanks, it works like a charm again.

As mcwtlg already stated, if you publish this as a new official app, please make sure to mention it here ;-)

Greetings
    Ko_Sensei
    The iPhone and some other apps are using the Live API by groundspeak. There you can query caches without accessing the website, so the app keeps working when the website changes.
    They write there about a "geocaching.com Public API", but I don't see anything, which is public. Many people compaining about this issue (the first commennt is about precaching) and this is right now on the 4th place of the geocaching.com most wanted features.

I'll write an email to groundspeak and ask for access to the api ...
    mcwtlg likes this.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I asked Rod from webOSInternals about the License Type from Giorgio. Maybe you can publish it in the official Catalog. I tried to reach Giorgio several times and asked him if someone can take his source and reuse it but he never answered (Tried it over Geocaching.com, Forum Mail, normal Mail and Twitter DM).
    Hi all. I haven't used the app in a while. When I start it up, it keeps givingmean incorrect username/password error. I can log in to the geocaching.com web site just fine. Any ideas? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    I asked Rod from webOSInternals about the License Type from Giorgio. Maybe you can publish it in the official Catalog. I tried to reach Giorgio several times and asked him if someone can take his source and reuse it but he never answered (Tried it over Geocaching.com, Forum Mail, normal Mail and Twitter DM).
    From the first post in this thread:

"Application is released under GPLv2, most of graphics is picked from Geocaching.com, compass is picked under CC license."

I would make sure you give full credit to the original author in the app catalog description of your version, and release it under the same license terms.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Awesome. Thanks a lot Rod!

@Patty21 as you can see you can release it now in the official App Catalog!
    Since I did the German translation for georgios Version if you send me your stings.json and the needed HTML Files I would be greatfull do to this for you too.

@Insane42 you need to install the Version from Patty21 (some posts above)
    Hi,
    I think, that PreCaching is broken again They changed the way of login and nothing works.

With publishing app in official App Catalog or Preware, I really agree. There would be better actualization.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuje View Post
    Hi,
    I think, that PreCaching is broken again They changed the way of login and nothing works.

With publishing app in official App Catalog or Preware, I really agree. There would be better actualization.
    I think you just need Patty21 version posted above. It still appears to work.
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    Really? Not for me? I installed (updated from some before) last version (2011.10.09) from Patty21's via link and Preware.
    An open app or change of login information causes error with login. Login on web login works fine.
    @Patty21: any chance you will allow x-calling preCaching with parameters?
    It would be nice to be able to call it with
    * a position (lat/lng) -> using this as pos for searches
    * a cache id -> open the cache description

If you want, I can do the changes and send them to you.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    @Patty21: any chance you will allow x-calling preCaching with parameters?
    It would be nice to be able to call it with
    * a position (lat/lng) -> using this as pos for searches
    * a cache id -> open the cache description

If you want, I can do the changes and send them to you.
    Oh yes! I would love that two. Than I can start it from my Geocaching Toolbox too (like i do with Mapping Tool)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Oh yes! I would love that two. Than I can start it from my Geocaching Toolbox too (like i do with Mapping Tool)
    Yes, and you could use MapTool to find the place where you will be in your holidays and use preCaching to get the caches there.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuje View Post
    Really? Not for me? I installed (updated from some before) last version (2011.10.09) from Patty21's via link and Preware.
    An open app or change of login information causes error with login. Login on web login works fine.
    I'm having the same issue. Updated to the latest version, but still not able to log in. Getting the "incorrect name or password" error
    @Jakuje & ginpre:
    Are you sure, that you started the beta? If you have both installed (beta and full version), only the beta will be fixed by the update. The full version is keeping the login problem.

@Taurec:
    In the beta the translation is currently disabled. I will not release a new full version of this app, only georgo can do that.

@MetaView:
    I will not add X-calling to precaching, my only task for this app is to keep it working with changes of the gc.com website.

I will add new features (I have many ideas, too) only when I release a new app. But first I need to learn, how to do this. I need a new name and a new logo (here I have also an idea). And I need time.
    thank you for keeping the app updated. I went out today with my kids and husband, only to find ourselves in a swamp, and the geocaching app not working. Believe it or not, we managed anyway. As soon as I got back home, I started hunting for info and found patty21 was already on top of things. you rock!

( I had to learn how to install a homebrew too. About time I got around to it!)
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    @Jakuje & ginpre:
    In the beta the translation is currently disabled. I will not release a new full version of this app, only georgo can do that.
    No that is wrong. You can release it. As you saw in Robs explenation this is not a problem. Also Metaview offered you to change the code for external calling by himself and send you the finished code. So why don't you agree to this?