Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Just loaded in 0.4.9 using Preware app. Updated without incident. Have not had a chance to try anything yet......except to log a cache. Still cannot do so - dang! Will give it a better test tomorrow..errrr, that would now be later today
    Still am unable to log.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    This is odd. I have just updated the official app (not the beta...I removed it) and now cache logging works. Not sure if anything else works or if anything broke (I just posted a note to a cache) but the new app seems to work where the old one would not (for posting logs, that is).

Weird.
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    V -> Vx -> Treo 90 -> Tungsten E -> Centro -> Pre Plus -> Pre 2
    DITTO! Just updated both the 'regular' and the beta apps, and was able to post from both. LOVE IT! Thanks for continuing the improvements, Georgo!
    As announced a while ago, I took a look at the offline caching/cache importing issue.
    The result is a new feature:
    Reload all Geocaches in the favourite list without the need to reload them one by one.
    To do so, use the button below the button which gets you to the favourite list.
    I've send this feature to Georgo and he responded, but he didn't adopt the feature in the official version yet.

Due to this fact I'll release an unofficial beta.
    The file can be found here: http://palib.info/seddy/com.georgo.o....07.18_all.ipk
    Sources are available here: http://palib.info/seddy/precaching_beta_src.zip

Please be aware that this is an imperfect beta release, but it works well for me. If tested with a ~300 Geocaches in my favourites list.

Beside the new feature, this version fixes a bug which concerned the description of Geocaches. Looking at them opened a new browser window containing an add. This does not occur anymore.

Have fun with the release and please contact me if you find any problems.
    Last edited by Seddy; 07/25/2011 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Updated links
    On my Veer, I cannot import gpx-files. I copied a gpx-file from GSAK to my Veer, but when I try to import it, I just get a blank screen with something like "document list empty" on it.

I'm using v. 0.4.11 on WebOS 2.1.1

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,
    andreas301
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hi,

is it just me or do my finds not get displayed with an icon in list view anymore? I had to turn my finds off to get around this issue.

famerlor_dragon
    Another update by GC.com, and another set of problems, it looks like. The good news is, I can still pull in local caches and their general information.

But, at this point, I can no longer view the logs.......I can see blank spaces for who and when, but there is no text. Not sure if there are any other problems. Anyone else having this problem, or can be of assistance?

Anything you can do to help us keep going will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    I noticed this tonight too. Running version 0.4.11 on Sprint Pre+ with WebOS 2.1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLitwiller View Post
    I noticed this tonight too. Running version 0.4.11 on Sprint Pre+ with WebOS 2.1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Happens on my Pre 2 on AT&T. This is making my vacation a bit harder now!

Everytime GC.com makes a change our beloved app breaks. Any timeframe on a fix?
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas301 View Post
    On my Veer, I cannot import gpx-files. I copied a gpx-file from GSAK to my Veer, but when I try to import it, I just get a blank screen with something like "document list empty" on it.

I'm using v. 0.4.11 on WebOS 2.1.1

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,
    andreas301
    I had same problem with my Pre. I can be associated with wrong removing device off computer. Usually reboot helped me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahuntoon View Post
    But, at this point, I can no longer view the logs.......I can see blank spaces for who and when, but there is no text. Not sure if there are any other problems. Anyone else having this problem, or can be of assistance?
    Here you can find a new beta fixing this issue.
    The number of finds is not shown anymore in the logs on gc.com.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Will test it out today...going hiking and caching!
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    Thanks patty21 for jumping in so quickly! Will load it in and give it a spin. Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Worked in most aspects but it failed to pull the info for any cache one the .gpx file was imported. I did not have a data connection but I thought that if I imported a .gpx file I did not need data to read what I imported.
    They changed the logs again, the number of finds has returned.
    I have also added some new log types and attributes.
    Here you can find the current version.
    Well, things were going fine with the 8/25 update, until a few days ago, when I lost the ability to log from my phone. Not pointing fingers, but it seems it was about the time of gc.com's last down. Anyone else having this issue too?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I am not seeing logs on any version of the software. Bummer.
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    Here you can find a new version.

Works again:
    - View logs
    - View spoiler

New:
    - You can open the gc.com website in the browser directly from the cache view (i.e. if the description is broken or they are using large images).

Does not work:
    - View gallery
    - Post a log