Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Sure. I hope Preware will have it updated then.

Would it be possible to access the Caches I have in my Bookmarks or Watchlist?
    I updated Preware feed and it's in!
    Good idea, thanks!
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    I updated Preware feed and it's in!
    Good idea, thanks!
    Confirmed. I have it installed now.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Hi,

I quickly tested it durring lunchtime. It worked quite fine. Compass was also ok (but it shows my speed as Kph???). Also I couldn't find the button to Log a visit. Am I blind?
  4.    #64  
    But I couldn't find the button to Log a visit. Am I blind?
    It's button in cache detail on bottom right with plane .. It open web browser on page with logging. (As I see now, button is little buggy, sorry)
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5.    #65  
    (but it shows my speed as Kph???).
    Kilometers per hour... Or you have set Imperial units?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Ok now I know how to log. Are you planing to do with without the Webpage?

Do you say KpH in Czech? In most Europe Countries it's KMH
  7.    #67  
    Are you planing to do with without the Webpage?
    Yes.

Do you say KpH in Czech? In most Europe Countries it's KMH
    Here we say km/h .. I also want to made it almost same - mph - kph.
    @cdbillups: when you are in the compass view open then Menü and click 'view with google maps'
    Thank you! I keep forgetting about checking the menu.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Yes.
    Awesome!

Here we say km/h .. I also want to made it almost same - mph - kph.
    Ehehe.. i think km/h would be less confiusing
    Tried this out while taking the girls to school this morning. Compass worked great, Google Maps worked great. We didn't get everyone out of the van to find the cache since it was only 26 degrees F but the girls were all real excited about trying it out in warmer weather. Thanks for providing something fun to do with my family.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Fantastic on the update! I tried it out this morning on just a "drive-by" of some caches I've found and it seemed to work very well! Any chance you could move the Google Maps link out of the menu bar and make it a button on the compass? I guess we don't want to get the compass screen too crowded, but I use Google Maps all the time!

Thanks again for taking the initiative and writing this application!!
    Hi!
    1. I don't understand this
    Meaning when you serach by 'Nearest' or 'Search' you can put in how far (distance) you want to serach. So if I'm at work, I can tell the proigram to only search 2 miles from my present position and then show me those results.

I dont know what your default is (distance) right now. If its just pulling the basic from Geocaching.com, then its 100 miles. Reducing this would greatly increase the speed of the search.

Keep up the great work!

EDIT: You could probably move the 'Account' button up into the top menu and lose the entire bottom section 'Settings'. Preferences are already there.

EDIT2: Small GUI bug. All messages in the messaging area use the old icon for your program.
    Last edited by ocard; 12/03/2009 at 11:31 AM.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    Meaning when you serach by 'Nearest' or 'Search' you can put in how far (distance) you want to serach. So if I'm at work, I can tell the proigram to only search 2 miles from my present position and then show me those results.

I dont know what your default is (distance) right now. If its just pulling the basic from Geocaching.com, then its 100 miles. Reducing this would greatly increase the speed of the search.
    I guess it's not necessary, because I load only 20 items at one time.

EDIT: You could probably move the 'Account' button up into the top menu and lose the entire bottom section 'Settings'. Preferences are already there.
    A think about it

EDIT2: Small GUI bug. All messages in the messaging area use the old icon for your program.
    It's webOS bug ( It cache small icon, so you must remove preCaching and install it again
    Wow, another update! Georgo10, you're on fire buddy. Going to try 0.1.2 today. Tried 0.1.1 yesterday and found my first cache with this app! I only tried one cache and noticed that google maps seems to pinpoint the street address and not the actual location of the cache. Not sure if it will do this for other caches, but it did it for the one I found. However, the maps got me in the general area and the compass got me right to the cache!

Can't wait to try the log feature. Does it also include the ability to mark the cache as found or not found? If not, are you planning on adding this feaure as well?

Great job so far. Updates keep coming out faster than I can use the app, LOL! Can't wait to see what the final product looks like.
    So I showed this app to my Father-in-law who is an avid "cacher"... He was massively jealous. Hahaha

I suppose that is a stamp of approval!
  16.    #76  
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    I only tried one cache and noticed that google maps seems to pinpoint the street address and not the actual location of the cache.
    you're right! Thanks for report. It will be ok in next release.
    Just wanted to say thanks again for all the updates and support for your application. Its nice to see a developer dedicated to a great experience.
  18.    #78  
    Version 0.1.3 is here.

• Cache detail
      • fixed "Post log" button

• Cache list
      • direction images

• Compass
      • navigate to user defined target

• Settings
      • set Google Maps as default navigation

I hope I don't made any large bug. In weekend I will do some optimalisations and offline work (GPX, cache lists) will be next week. Stay in touch.
    Wow. Just got around to trying out 0.1.2 and now 0.1.3 is here. Impressive. Downloading now, will try over the weekend on provide some feedback. Once again, great work!
    I'm a very avid cacher and I just gave your app a try today. I've tried the "other" caching app and found myself still going back to my old handheld to actually find the cache. Used Precaching today during my lunchbreak to grab a quick one on my way. It worked perfect!
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast