Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Same probem here in DE. Since the weekend I con not post logs to a cache. Strange.
    The "Beta"-Version is out of the catalogs here.
    A reinstall of patty25s app does not help.
    I cannot seem to download the beta app. Is it still available in Canada?
    Quote Originally Posted by eadavis View Post
    Back from a weekend of caching. I'm running a Pre-minus too *hooray old schoolers!* Logging caches using Patty21's app had stopped working for me; however, logging TBs worked. Just installed Georgo's latest Beta and all seems right in the world again :-D

I tried this morning the "BETA" version, but the same result: general log in is fine, posting log for a cache fails.
    A few days ago I used the beta-app to find a cache and to log it. Although it took me 20 minutes to locate the correct spot, logging using the beta-app was done in 2 minutes. Didnt try any travelbug-actions yet.

However I noticed that the text I submitted was lacking any newlines I typed in. So either the app or the geocaching.com-programming-interface or the little mobile-internet-gnomes seem to remove all newlines and converting the text into a single huge paragraph. Untill this issue is resolved I will probably continue logging at home on my computer.

Another annoying thing is that scrolling stops working every now and then. I can still open every scene (list, detail, etc) but I cant scroll down anymore. Have to close and reopen the app completly. Anyone else experienced this, too?

device = german pre- with webos-2.1.0
    app = beta precaching (downloaded from one of the previous pages of this thread, cant exactly tell which one...)
    Quote Originally Posted by quota View Post
    Another annoying thing is that scrolling stops working every now and then. I can still open every scene (list, detail, etc) but I cant scroll down anymore. Have to close and reopen the app completly. Anyone else experienced this, too?

device = german pre- with webos-2.1.0
    Seems to be a 2.1 bug. I have it with other apps on my Pre2 as well. Sometimes it helps to minimize and refocus the app.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Seems to be a 2.1 bug. I have it with other apps on my Pre2 as well. Sometimes it helps to minimize and refocus the app.
    Not specific to this app, but I too experience failure to scroll in third party apps after a while on my Veer running 2.1.2.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahuntoon View Post
    Have tried many times to post logs to caches, but always have the error. However, I was able to post a note to a Travel Bug. How do the two operations differ?
    I'm using the pre- 1.4.5, maybe the problem is with the version of the pre that is being used.
    Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post
    I'm using the pre- 1.4.5, maybe the problem is with the version of the pre that is being used.
    I'm using the Pre 1.4.5 as well.
    Today I installed and tested the patch com.georgo.org.precaching_0.4.8_all.ipk and now loging in at geocaching.com is working again. Before I installed QuickwebOSinstall from precentral. Still there seems to be some bugs since the text of the logs and descriptions is not shown. However found two caches today.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I am having some problems running this app. This is the first time I've tried to run it since doctoring my pre- to 2.1. every time I try to log into my geocaching account I get an invalid user pass message. I've rebooted the phone, reinstalled the app and I still can't login. Any ideas?
    Be sure you are using the Beta, not the App catalog app. The Beta isn't quite ready on 2.1 just yet.

--MGb
    http://www.twitter.com/DeadTechnology - All things geeky (mostly Palm)
    http://www.twitter.com/oneminutecubs - All things Cubs
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbmusic View Post
    Be sure you are using the Beta, not the App catalog app. The Beta isn't quite ready on 2.1 just yet.

--MGb
    I installed version 0.4.8 via preware. Is there a newer beta? Where would I get it?
    So, I have kinda mentioned this but I have found no concrete answer, but whenever I try to authorize Twitter, it always says invalid token.
    Post #774 links to precentral's geocaching-page and says that there's a new version available. I tried but I can't seem to install it. Using Preware I see the new version in the "updates" section, but when I click on the update-button it just opens a website instead of starting an update-process as it does for other apps.

On that website is a download-link that leads to a developer.palm.com-page and from there I don't know how to proceed. How do you install the updated precaching-app? Is my Preware damaged, do I have to doctor my pre- again (I did that a few weeks ago to install webos 2.1.0)?
    Post #774 links to precentral's geocaching-page and says that there's a new version available. I tried but I can't seem to install it. Using Preware I see the new version in the "updates" section, but when I click on the update-button it just opens a website instead of starting an update-process as it does for other apps.

On that website is a download-link that leads to a developer.palm.com-page and from there I don't know how to proceed. How do you install the updated precaching-app? Is my Preware damaged, do I have to doctor my pre- again (I did that a few weeks ago to install webos 2.1.0)?
    I'm having the same problem. I can't use the current version (0.4.8.) as it keeps telling me my login info is invalid (even though I can log into geocaching.com website just fine with that info). Was hoping 0.4.9. would fix this, but I can't even get it updated because of the above issue.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I went to instal version 0.4.9 but I can't seem to do it. I uninstalled 0.4.8 in preparation for 0.4.9. I click the download link on Geocaching's PreCentral page, and Preware picks up the ipk link automatically. I try to download it, but the download fails. Here is the log:

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    -1: Invalid or missing filename parameter

Then I try to copy this link into preware:
    http://www.precentral.net/downloads/geocaching-webos-3

But when I try to download an ipk through this link, the failed log gives me this:

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    -1: Invalid or missing filename parameter
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    64 322k 64 207k 0 0 7385 0 0:00:44 0:00:28 0:00:16 235k
    100 322k 100 322k 0 0 11314 0 0:00:29 0:00:29 --:--:-- 255k
    Identify
    com.georgo.org.precaching
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/geocaching-webos-3", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":6, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    63 322k 63 203k 0 0 6902 0 0:00:47 0:00:30 0:00:17 351k
    100 322k 100 322k 0 0 10913 0 0:00:30 0:00:30 --:--:-- 461k
    Identify
    com.georgo.org.precaching
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/geocaching-webos-3", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":7, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }

Update to my status: today I got a notification that there is an update to one of my apps. Full of hope I opened the software manager app, clicked on "Update" and was lucky to find the new version of Geocaching for WebOS. So now I'm running version 0.4.9 (but I didn't have the chance to test the logging feature yet).

Maybe it took the new version one day or two to hit the international (or german) feeds?
    Great, I am able to log into the application using my credentials! Seems like this app is really very handy. I bet I will use it pretty often.

One question: how do I omit my found caches fromthe search?
    When you first fire up the app, click on the drop-down in the upper left.

>Preferences
    >Hide my own finds -> switch to "Yes"
    >Back-swipe

Good to go!