Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Has anyone mentioned about not being able to login with Twitter?
    Just applied latest update this morning. Not sure what the changes were. Still cannot log. Happened to think it may be because I am still running webOS 1.4.5 on an original Pre. If that's the problem, hope it can be resolved, as HP has not indicated if/when the system will be updated for this model. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    Has anyone mentioned about not being able to login with Twitter?
    I'm not a Twitter user, so can't provide feedback here. Sorry.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Back from a weekend of caching. I'm running a Pre-minus too *hooray old schoolers!* Logging caches using Patty21's app had stopped working for me; however, logging TBs worked. Just installed Georgo's latest Beta (Geocaching for webOS BETA | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community) and all seems right in the world again :-D
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Has anybody else found that the beta opens a new card with an advert whenever you open a cache details page?

I stand corrected re the map - I just hadn't waited long enough, it works nicely :-)

Feature request: Could we have the ability to mark caches in need of attention/maintenance? I imagine that's simply another log type?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by swaldman View Post
    Has anybody else found that the beta opens a new card with an advert whenever you open a cache details page?
    . . .
    Thanks!
    Yes.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    This is odd. It's worked for me. Well, I'll try it tomorrow again.

Log posting has not worked in a long time for me...not sure why. Any ideas on what I can try? I have uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled. Are there any files I need to make sure are removed after I uninstall?
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    V -> Vx -> Treo 90 -> Tungsten E -> Centro -> Pre Plus -> Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by swaldman View Post

Thanks!
    Yes. The first few times I thought it was a card opening because I inadvertently tapped on something, but after your comment, I went back and looked at it closer....could swear is was something in a language other than English. So I've developed a quick-flick reflex to remove the card before it fully opens....kind of like shooing a fly..............

But then I got to thinking, if I click through a few times, and by doing so, it helps keep this app alive and well, then so be it, I'll do a few click-throughs and see what's on the other side. So that is what I've done..the next time I took a good look, is was an ad from Groundspeak.

So, by clicking through, am I helping support this app. or just cluttering my phone? Would like to think it's the former.......
    Quote Originally Posted by ahuntoon View Post
    I'm not a Twitter user, so can't provide feedback here. Sorry.
    then can anyone else see if it's only me or a problem with the apps?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    then can anyone else see if it's only me or a problem with the apps?
    I can post to Twitter without issues as well as post logs for trackables...I just cannot post logs for caches.

"Problem: Error occurred in log posting."
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    Hi all,

I'm very new the the webos world and have been a long time honorary muggle caching with a friend for 2 years. Now that I have the Pixi+, I've made my own account and am looking forward to venturing out on my own. But getting the tools working to do this has been a test of my patience and I'm not passing the test.

I've lost a few hairs because jtileloader won't load tiles for my coordinates, but is fixated on a town 30 miles east of me. Doesn't matter if I do the slippy map, type the lat/lon in myself, can't get the correct tiles. That's off topic, but has been a two day experience trying to learn and then troubleshoot a brand new world for me and without success.

My issue for this post, when I load in a .GPX with caches, I can import them just fine and they are there waiting for me in my favs list. Going into the favs, it shows all the caches that were loaded in, but when I try to click on one, nothing. Unless I have a wireless radio (wifi or 3G) active, it just has the spinning circle of slow death. I saw this was an issue way back on page 29, but never saw any follow up from the poster with the issue. So I have no where to go but here.

I tried both the beta from the 5.16 release and pattys unofficial fix. Neither will display the details.

Thanks for any help offered, I'll do my best to keep up.
    Quote Originally Posted by skora View Post
    Hi all, [...]
    The Problem is, that the app tries to download the cache, because it sees that it is new. Of course this is not what we want here, and this is definetly a problem which I will take care of until august.
    My first approach was a function to download/redownload/update all caches in the list of favorites, and this works, but you get blocked from geocaching.com way to often because they thing you are a bot.
    Because of that fact I won't release the improved version yet, and I don't have time right now to make it better, but if you can wait until august, this problem will be taken care of.
    Of course there is a chance that someone (george10?) is faster than me.
    As of last night, I am still unable to post logs via the app.

--MGb
    http://www.twitter.com/DeadTechnology - All things geeky (mostly Palm)
    http://www.twitter.com/oneminutecubs - All things Cubs
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Same here. No idea why. Pre Plus, AT&T
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    I thought this could be used to go paperless and without any radios on. So this is the way the app is designed, to pull some data from the gpx file, but not all of it? When I import, I never have a radio on to make sure all the data is coming from the GPX file. Thus I thought I'm having issues, but if not, then I guess I'll have to wait till Aug.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbmusic View Post
    As of last night, I am still unable to post logs via the app.

--MGb
    I have no problems since the update. I have been able to post logs and I have tried both the stable and beta versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post
    I have no problems since the update. I have been able to post logs and I have tried both the stable and beta versions.
    Have tried many times to post logs to caches, but always have the error. However, I was able to post a note to a Travel Bug. How do the two operations differ?
    Hello all,

I am a newbie to Palm Pre 2. Am I the only one who cannot log on using my geocaching.com credentials? Logging directly to GC.com site from the same phone works fine :-) Thanks for your tips.
    Last edited by adamos; 05/23/2011 at 09:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahuntoon View Post
    Have tried many times to post logs to caches, but always have the error. However, I was able to post a note to a Travel Bug. How do the two operations differ?
    My problem exactly.
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    Quote Originally Posted by adamos View Post
    Hello all,

I am a newbie to Palm Pre 2. Am I the only one who cannot log on using my geocaching.com credentials? Logging directly to GC.com site from the same phone works fine :-) Thanks for your tips.
    This is the same work-around I resort to if I really have to log from the road, for example, when moving trackables.