- Searching for TBs
    - Viewing TBs (partial)
    - Getting cache data (partial)

Not Working:
    - View description-text of cache
    - Viewing goal of TB

Untested:
    - Maybe a lot...

I think I'll be able to release a workable version tomorrow*, but it will be beta and needs alot of testing.

*(In my Timezone it's evening right now.)
    Wow, thank you very much for jumping in and picking this up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seddy View Post
    --- Status Update ---

Working:
    - Search by Coordinates, Keyword, GC Code, Address, Found by, Hidden by
    - Scroll through search results with multiple pages
    - List favourites
    - Searching for TBs
    - Viewing TBs (partial)
    - Getting cache data (partial)

Not Working:
    - View description-text of cache
    - Viewing goal of TB

Untested:
    - Maybe a lot...

I think I'll be able to release a workable version tomorrow*, but it will be beta and needs alot of testing.

*(In my Timezone it's evening right now.)
    Certainly wish you the best of success, and stand ready to beta test as soon as possible ;-)

As an aside, I've lost all functional internet access to GC with my Pre, including the beta Map which loads slowly and eventually displays non-working cache icons, and the new drop-down boxes on the main page, which means I cannot even search. I've used that route only as a back-up to this App, but now don't even have that. The Pre has, for now, been rendered useless for caching.........which is my number 1 reason for keeping it.

So really hoping this App can be revived. Even willing to $upport a wee bit if needed.........
    I also tried to make everything work in the last 5 hours. There are a lot of untested things. Feel free to try it, if you would like to. You can download it from here. Have fun!
    I'll be happy to beta test a workable version. feel free to holla!

--MGb
    http://www.twitter.com/DeadTechnology - All things geeky (mostly Palm)
    http://www.twitter.com/oneminutecubs - All things Cubs
    I cant install it. Is it to install like a homebrew app? I would like to test it, because i would like to go cache at mothersday
    Could anyone help me?

I cant buy Go to tool without a creditcard, thats so unfair and i love geocaching for webos

I hope you could explain me what i did wrong...
    Sorry about my english, i write oder speak it not much an i hope you understand me?!

Greetings from Germany,
    Clear
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    You need webOS quick install do install an ipk.
    do you have preware on your device?

or get Mapping Tool (the free Version)

wenn du noch fragen hast sende mir direkt eine mail an: webos at hendrichs.de
    Quote Originally Posted by patty21 View Post
    I also tried to make everything work in the last 5 hours. There are a lot of untested things. Feel free to try it, if you would like to. You can download it from here. Have fun!
    Well, your version is working, mine is only working partially, so I won't continue my version.
    Would you please share the source code of your release?

EDIT: I found a bug: Like in my version, the "goal" and "about" fields of travel bugs are not displayed.
    Last edited by Seddy; 05/06/2011 at 05:27 AM.
    Cool, thank you for your hard work. I stop my attempts to make it workable and will rather submit additions to your code base.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I will give it some testing on vacation. I would like HP to pick this up and run with it if the homebrew community cannot for some reason. Every mobile platform needs a Geocaching app.

On a side note I saw on the web page where Groundspeak is making the API available for closed beta testing. I hope that is good news for us Pre users.
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    V -> Vx -> Treo 90 -> Tungsten E -> Centro -> Pre Plus -> Pre 2
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    What has happened to Georgo10? Anyone have any ideas? Everything ok with him and family?
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    According to Twitter, he seems at least alive... (if it his account)

Twitter
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Installed without issue. Initial check showed I made a good connect and picked up local caches without problem. Now off into the field for a test drive! Will let you know what I find. Thanks a million patty21 and all!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Just put patty21's app through its paces. Seems like the app, in a couple ways, is working better than it did before! Here are some notes:

Working:
    *Main app window:
    --Search caches by coords, keyword, address, username (found by/hidden by)
    --Search trackables by code, name (section title misspelling: "Seach Trackable")
    --Maintain favorites (add/remove)
    --Decode
    --Stat bar (graphic @ bottom of app's front screen)
    *Search results:
    --Cache name, GC Code, difficulty/terrain, type icon, premium indicator, disabled/archived indicator
    --View multi-page search results (navigate thru pages)
    *While viewing cache:
    --GC Code
    --Name
    --Size
    --Difficulty/Terrain (feature wasn't working before )
    --Coords/Location
    --Description (short/long)
    --Decode Hint
    --Waypoints
    --Trackables
    --Attributes
    --Log Viewing
    --Launch Google Maps/Map Tool
    --Favorite
    *While viewing TB:
    --TB Code
    --Name
    --Release date

Not Working:
    *Cache images (only images posted by owner show, not those uploaded by finders too)
    *Trackable goal/about (already pointed out by Seddy)
    *Trackable images
    *Trackable log viewing (logs may be viewed, but submitter's username doesn't display)

Quirks:
    *Search for cache by GC code will bring up cache even if you've already found it and opt to 'hide finds' in preferences (not a bad thing, I actually like this)

Wish List :3
    *'Show targets in Mapping Tool' for list of caches generated by found by/hidden by search (coords don't show up in Map Tool's targets list)

Didn't Test:
    *Trackable log posting (don't have any trackables)
    *Twitter posts (don't have a twitter)
    *Compass (going to give it a shot in a bit over some lunch caching)
    *Cache log posting (also going to give it a shot in a bit over some lunch caching)

Thank you, thank you, thank you to patty21 and everyone! You've made me a happy cacher ;-D I'll let you know what I find soon with some of those untested items.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Sounds promising. Maybe vacation will be salvaged after all
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Ack! And Geocaching is down again. What timing!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Cache posting didn't work a couple of hours back. But maybe it was because of geocaching.com. I had on-off trouble in the last couple of weeks, too. Also couldn't add my current trackables as before. Awesome job so far!
    I didnt care about TBs, I wanted only a working caching app. Later I can fix this, but currently the gc website is not working.
    I just uploaded the source code.
    I'm very pleased with the results I had today with the version patty21 posted last night!

I didn't test as complete as eadavis, just went out after several caches, and found that I was able to get a lot of what I needed in the field.

Top of mind issues I ran into were: still unable to log from the field (but this was a problem before), and did not see cache images listed, that were known to be in the listing.

No problem pulling up nearby caches, their attributes, and their logs. Turning "my finds" on and off worked fine.

Did not try functionality with compass app, as used separate GPS today.

Thank you patty21, this is great!!!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Something seems to have broken after today's GC site update. Although ahuntoon had luck, so I hope it's not a localized issue!

Here's what I got: search cache by coords, address, keyword, username (found by/hidden by) brings up only a few nearby caches, or none. Clicking on 'Next Page' hangs.

Still seems like searching cache by GC code works & trackables work as they did.
    They changed the website again. I uploaded a new version fixing this issue.