Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Hi, I use this app alot, but I'd like to add some small features to it.
    When I checkout the official git server, I seam to get the latest code of the official realease, and not the latest beta code.
    Does anyone know where I can get the beta code, or what I have to do to get the beta code from the official git server?
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    You can find this Feature (called Waypoint Calc) in my
    nice thank you... its possible to get the actual position from the GPS?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seddy View Post
    Hi, I use this app alot, but I'd like to add some small features to it.
    When I checkout the official git server, I seam to get the latest code of the official realease, and not the latest beta code.
    Does anyone know where I can get the beta code, or what I have to do to get the beta code from the official git server?
    Yes it is on the git hub.

I tried to contact Tomas several times to ask him if he want's to continue with precaching sometime or if he is ok in giving the code to someone like Metaview. No response at all. I tried on Twitter, Geocaching.com and the two Mail-Addresses I have from him
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DOcean View Post
    nice thank you... its possible to get the actual position from the GPS?
    Not yet. But is a feature I will put in the next Version I hope to release this month!
    I will release a slightly patched version of Geocaching for webOS on my website which at least fixes the MapTool Pro launch. Will see if I can tight them more close together...
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Awesome!!! Great News Henk!

Do you see a chance in Fixing the current Version too?

It can't read cache size, difficulty rating and spoiler Pictures aren't working anymore.

But I suggest you wait until the GC.com update tomorrow. I asume there is more that will not work after the upcomming update.
    I will have a look. I also miss the coordinates in the cache list when you initially search for geocaches. I don't know if it was intended or not...
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    since the rollout of the new geocaching.com website, I'm getting invalid un/pw errors (in geocaching for webos). Anyone else? I sure hope this os just something stupid I'm doing on not the first sign of obsolescence for this app.

--MGb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbmusic View Post
    since the rollout of the new geocaching.com website, I'm getting invalid un/pw errors (in geocaching for webos). Anyone else? I sure hope this os just something stupid I'm doing on not the first sign of obsolescence for this app.

--MGb
    Nope, we are all getting it now. Gonna be a bear doing paperless caching now...I go on vacation in a few days
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    V -> Vx -> Treo 90 -> Tungsten E -> Centro -> Pre Plus -> Pre 2
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwtlg View Post
    Nope, we are all getting it now. Gonna be a bear doing paperless caching now...I go on vacation in a few days
    Right? I'm going to SanFran for my first time soon
    I had a quick look at the login issue, and all they did was changing some variables. I fixed it and the login works fine, but thats only the beginning.
    Right now it's impossible to get a cache list or to get the actual data of a cache, so the program is useless. I will take a look at what changed, but I may not be able to fix it fast, because i'm very unexperienced with javascript.
    But don't lose hope, I love this app and I won't accept that it isn't working

--- Status Update ---

Working:
    - Search by Coordinates, Keyword, GC Code, Address, Found by, Hidden by
    - Scroll through search results with multiple pages
    - List favourites
    - Searching for TBs
    - Viewing TBs (partial)

Not Working:
    - Get cache data
    - Viewing goal of TB

Untested:
    - Maybe a lot...
    Last edited by Seddy; 05/05/2011 at 06:38 AM.
    Yes, Please help keep this great app alive! Let me know if/how I can help beta test any fixes you 'guys' come up with. No joy in on-the-go caching anymore

Thanks for your efforts! There are probably a lot of folks that will realize they need help, once they open this apparently dead app this weekend.
    Very much looking forward to how we can get this fixed. I love this app, but since the dev dropped off the map, it's been slowly going downhill.

--MGb
    http://www.twitter.com/DeadTechnology - All things geeky (mostly Palm)
    http://www.twitter.com/oneminutecubs - All things Cubs
    It was a bad wake up this morning in Europe too.
    I found and posted with the app yesterday evening (lokal time) my the last caches, this morning the app was gone...but I had expected something like this.

For the last some weeks I appreciate the online-caching just with one device, even the acuracy is somehow weak in specific areas. But still ok for after work caching or so on.
    I can guess that many cachers are fine with paying a small amount for a good maintained app for this purpose.
    There are of cause the MapTool or GoToTool, but we can use those things "just" offline with pocket queries and they do not have the same advantages like log posting or online search.
    So I set my bet to the real "cracks" here to fix the app ar to enlarge any existing one ot to transfer e.g. an iphone app to web OS.
    u_u i canīt login in the app it sasy my password is wrong but on the webpage i can login.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_comic View Post
    u_u i canīt login in the app it sasy my password is wrong but on the webpage i can login.

Yes that is just the start of it, since they updated thier web page a lot things are not going to work now.

We would need access to the code to make all the fixes and keep the App up to date.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seddy View Post
    I had a quick look at the login issue, and all they did was changing some variables. I fixed it and the login works fine, but thats only the beginning.
    Right now it's impossible to get a cache list or to get the actual data of a cache, so the program is useless. I will take a look at what changed, but I may not be able to fix it fast, because i'm very unexperienced with javascript.
    But don't lose hope, I love this app and I won't accept that it isn't working

--- Status Update ---

Working:
    - List favourites
    - Searching for TBs
    - Viewing TBs (partial)

Not Working:
    - Get cache data
    - Viewing goal of TB

Untested:
    - Maybe a lot...

It also is not updateing/logging found cache list ie..no smileys for me.
    --- Status Update ---

Working:
    - List favourites
    - Searching for TBs
    - Viewing TBs (partial)
    - Getting cache data (partial)

Not Working:
    - View description-text of cache
    - Viewing goal of TB

Untested:
    - Maybe a lot...

I think I'll be able to release a workable version tomorrow*, but it will be beta and needs alot of testing.

*(In my Timezone it's evening right now.)