Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 897
Like Tree3Likes
  1. pre1561's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #621  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    Try this. It might be the long way around but it gets the job done.

    1)From main Screen: go to the bottom and choose Compass
    2)From the compaas, use the drop down and "Define Coordinates"
    3) Input name. Choose 'Navigate'.
    4) When the compass comes back up use the drop down again and choose 'Save Current Waypoint'
    5) The name you just 'defined' should come up.
    6) Click 'Save'.

    Go back to main screen 'Favorites' and the waypoint should now be listed with the cache code starting with UD for 'user defined'
    Will "Save Current Waypoint" save the cache info even if I'm not at the cache? Or will it save a waypoint for where I'm at? I was trying to build a data base of caches in my phone. Thanks.
  2. #622  
    Thanks for developing this great app! I'm loving the direct log posting! I have a feature request: can you add facebook support? I don't use twitter, but do use facebook and would be interested in posting facebook updates when I find a good cache. Thanks again for the great app,

    -microapple
  3. #623  
    I've got a problem using Mapping Tool in conjunction with the Geocaching for WebOS app which just cropped up yesterday.

    When I choose "Show targets in Mapping Tool" from the Geocaching apps menu, I'm brought back to Mapping Tool as expected. Unfortunately, I'm relocated to the South Pole, Lat & Long 0. If I click on the blue button, it'll recenter on my actual location, but none of the local geocaches are showing up.

    I'm assuming that the targets aren't making their way into Mapping Tool, but I don't know if this is an issue with Mapping Tool or Geocaching for WebOS.

    Anyone else seeing (or had in the past) this issue?
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

    If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
  4. #624  
    Sounds like the coordinates when send from geocaching are broken. It automatically recenters around the stuff it got send, because the coordinates are broken it is on the south pole. I don't know yet, if it is a MapTool issue or one of geocaching.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  5. #625  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Hillman View Post
    I've got a problem using Mapping Tool in conjunction with the Geocaching for WebOS app which just cropped up yesterday.

    When I choose "Show targets in Mapping Tool" from the Geocaching apps menu, I'm brought back to Mapping Tool as expected. Unfortunately, I'm relocated to the South Pole, Lat & Long 0. If I click on the blue button, it'll recenter on my actual location, but none of the local geocaches are showing up.

    I'm assuming that the targets aren't making their way into Mapping Tool, but I don't know if this is an issue with Mapping Tool or Geocaching for WebOS.

    Anyone else seeing (or had in the past) this issue?
    I've also experienced this too.
  6. #626  
    Here it works, but maybe I don't have the latest geocaching for webos app.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  7.    #627  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I've also experienced this too.
    What carrier do you have? In cache details, do you see correct coordinates?
  8. #628  
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    What carrier do you have? In cache details, do you see correct coordinates?
    I'm running firmware v1.4.5 on Sprint. Yes, the coordinates in the cache detail are correct.
  9. #629  
    I'm also running 1.4.5 on Sprint. The MapTool help screen shows a version of 1.4.0 and the Geocaching for WebOS version I have on there currently is the non-beta version from the App Catalog 0.4.5. I also just tried it with the beta on PreWare as of 8/29/2010.

    Both of them will find my location & list nearby caches. Choosing "Show targets in Mapping Tool" in either the beta or the release version sends me to the South Pole in Map Tool.
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

    If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
  10. #630  
    Still seeing the same thing. Doctored last night and have NOTHING on my Pre other than the latest MapTool from the AppStore and the 8/30 Geocaching beta from Preware.
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

    If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
  11. #631  
    LOVE the new beta updates!! The latest build is very nice. A couple questions:

    1) Is the map view eventually going to show my position in relation to all the caches? If I press the button on the left and it turns blue, it doesnt show me on the map.

    2) Suggestion: Change the 'binder clip' icon (for satellite image) to a picture of something like a satellite. I thought it was for notes until I pressed it

    Georgo, this app keeps getting better and better! Thank you for the hard work.
    Last edited by ocard; 09/04/2010 at 03:40 PM.
  12. #632  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Hillman View Post
    Still seeing the same thing. Doctored last night and have NOTHING on my Pre other than the latest MapTool from the AppStore and the 8/30 Geocaching beta from Preware.
    I tried the procedure; Map Tool version, webOS version, Geocaching for webOS non beta, on Sprint and I dont have the same behavior. have you tried this in multiple locations (miles apart) and at different times?

    You need to remember YOUR position is partailly determined by the network as well as the ability to 'see' satellites and if your chip is bad, then your going to report WAYYYY off.

    Here's what I recommend. Go to your Sprint store and download the two apps from the Palm catalog and test on their demo side by side with your phone. If you get different results (meaning their demo is accuarte and yours is still wrong), then you have a bad GPS chip. If under warranty request a replacement.
  13. #633  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    I tried the procedure; Map Tool version, webOS version, Geocaching for webOS non beta, on Sprint and I dont have the same behavior. have you tried this in multiple locations (miles apart) and at different times?

    You need to remember YOUR position is partailly determined by the network as well as the ability to 'see' satellites and if your chip is bad, then your going to report WAYYYY off.

    Here's what I recommend. Go to your Sprint store and download the two apps from the Palm catalog and test on their demo side by side with your phone. If you get different results (meaning their demo is accuarte and yours is still wrong), then you have a bad GPS chip. If under warranty request a replacement.
    I've tried it in multiple locations MILES apart. (35+) Same result. Also, same result with today's beta version from Preware.

    The GPS works fine. Google Maps shows me where I am accurately within feet, as do the other mapping programs. MappingTool itself is incredibly accurate.

    The issue is NOT that I'm being reported way off. My phone knows where I am. Somehow the cache data is not getting from GeoCaching for WebOS to MappingTool. Again, when I attempt to show the caches from GC in MappingTool via the menu option, my position is reset to 0 00 00.00 by 0 00 00.00 on the MappingTool map. If I hit the "zero in on myself" button on the bottom row of MappingTool, it reorients back upon me whereever I am, but is not showing the local caches which GC for WebOS just called up.

    In a freshly doctored state with nothing else installed, this is still what I'm getting and has been for 8 days now.

    Is there more info I could be providing to help track down the issue here? Logs being kept somewhere?
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

    If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
  14. #634  
    Update and an apology of sorts. Preware today showed two updates, one being Geocaching. I told it to install them both but didn't watch to see what it was doing. It requested a Luna restart. I tried GC again after the restart, following which I posted my last reply. Preware hadn't actually updated GC though. I loaded Preware again and it grabbed today's GC beta which has the button to display the caches on a map, instead of the dropdown menu choice for Mapping Tool.

    My local caches are showing on the map called by GC again.

    Hooray!
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

    If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
  15. #635  
    @Doug Hillman: w00h00!! Glad its working.

    @Georgo: Request: On the live map that shows the nearby caches, is there a way to suppress the caches you've already found? The setting in preferences only affects the cache list but not the live map. Can that be fixed (or option added)?

    Thanks.
  16. pre_X's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #636  
    Where can I found a change log of the beta apps?
  17. #638  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_X View Post
    Where can I found a change log of the beta apps?
    or when you download the latest beta version, a window pops up the first time you launch the app stating what was changed from the previous beta.
  18. #639  
    Great App!!!

    Is it possible to integrate gcvote (gcvote.de) ?
  19. #640  
    Earlier this morning, around 1:00 am, the app was working fine for me - I was able to search for caches nearby, etc. When I went out this afternoon with my family to do my first GC hunt, the app said there was an error fetching the cache list (or something very similar). Then it said there was a problem logging in. I deleted and re-downloaded the app a couple of times, and even tried downloading the latest beta. Each time thereafter, whenever I entered my valid login information, it told me "incorrect username and/or password." Even when entering in my wife's account info, I got the same message. Could you please help? I don't want this to completely tarnish my first experience in geocaching.

    ETA: My wife also has a Pre and uses the Geocaching for WebOS app, and while she was able to use it while we were searching for a cache, afterwards, she started receiving the same error messages.
    Last edited by HiDefLoMein; 11/09/2010 at 03:19 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions