Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    description yes. With the hints i'm not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwtlg View Post

Also (on the wish list) would be something like a log or notes field to make logging the finds later when I get home easier.
    Logging directly to geocaching.com is already in the beta app.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Just got the confirmation that with 0.4.5 (released today) the Cache Loading Bug for Vodafon is fixed!!!
    Why the diffrence in logging from the stable vs. beta apps? meaning stable opens geocaching.com cache page and lets you post a log. The beta app works like a native SDK Palm app. I take it the beta is a newer revised version for logging? if so will you be adding the ability to post a 'Maintenance' request as well?

Again thanks for the great app georgo.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    The Beta is always a "Preview" of things in Development.
  6.    #606  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    Why the diffrence in logging from the stable vs. beta apps? meaning stable opens geocaching.com cache page and lets you post a log. The beta app works like a native SDK Palm app. I take it the beta is a newer revised version for logging? if so will you be adding the ability to post a 'Maintenance' request as well?

Again thanks for the great app georgo.

Hello,

beta releases are released once I finish some part of app. Later it'll be released to App Catalog.

Maintenance is possible in future, not now.
    As I thought. I like the cleaner log system in the beta. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Logging directly to geocaching.com is already in the beta app.
    I spotted that *after* I found out about the beta app.

Grazzi.
  9.    #609  
    Great app! So far I have been quite pleased. There is one problem that i am having with release 0.4.4 . When I put a .gpx file on my Palm Pre Plus, the geocaching app finds it when I go to import it but when I select it, nothing seems to happen, then it goes back to the import screen. When I go back to the main screen to see if the file has imported into favorites, the message states nothing has been imported.

I am an avid geocacher and I tend to hit several places where 3g coverage does not exist so I need to be able to import .gpx files.

Am I doing something wrong? This happens with any of my pocket queries that I download (which I have set at the maximum 500).

Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi

I tried to generate Pocket Query yesterday. Today, I download GPX, put in to phone and Import ..And successfuly.

Can you send me "problematic" GPX files?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Great app! So far I have been quite pleased. There is one problem that i am having with release 0.4.4 . When I put a .gpx file on my Palm Pre Plus, the geocaching app finds it when I go to import it but when I select it, nothing seems to happen, then it goes back to the import screen. When I go back to the main screen to see if the file has imported into favorites, the message states nothing has been imported.

I am an avid geocacher and I tend to hit several places where 3g coverage does not exist so I need to be able to import .gpx files.

Am I doing something wrong? This happens with any of my pocket queries that I download (which I have set at the maximum 500).

Any help would be appreciated.

I've had the exact same problem, I have found that if I tap on the favorites star it will save the cache to my favorites folder. Another positive to doing this is that you don't have to plug the into your computer to download or to delete a cache. Even though this is a little more work it's easier to manage my list of caches. As long as I can save a favorite to a folder and then delete the cache from the phone without pluging the phone into my computer.
    Okay so here it is... Plain as i can think it and write it.

Can we get a "live map" like C:geo has... because your room mate has got that looking good!
  12.    #612  
    Quote Originally Posted by way2muchkc4u View Post
    Okay so here it is... Plain as i can think it and write it.

Can we get a "live map" like C:geo has... because your room mate has got that looking good!
    It's in plan.. In soon plan.
    Minor bug: On the geocaching website you can encrypt comments in the logs and there will be a 'decrypt' option in the log. This doesnt work on the app. The decrypt option is there, but the log wont decrypt. If you need an example, let me know.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    So far, I have had problems with 500 and 450 count queries, but 400 count queries load fine. I am not sure what the cut off point is. Not that it is a *huge* issue, but I do cache out of 3G/EDGE range sometimes and not having a cache list available will hinder my searches . I am closing in on find 2300.

Before the Pre I was using Centro with Cachemate and while it was a basic app, it worked pretty well. Paperless caching is really great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    It's in plan.. In soon plan.
    YES! Can not tell you how much I love to hear that THANK YOU! Hey just had a crazy idea you need to hook up with the BFGmaps guys! Like you, they have it togeather!

Thanks!
    MapTool has a live map, or?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    I too would love to see a live map. I think this is the biggest omission from the current beta version.

And I don't know if this is possible, but it would be great if caches with no "found" logs could have some sort of emphasis to alert the user that they could potentially be the first to find.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I finally had time to play with this software a little, (beta version) I found that if I save a cache to favorites a lot of times the favorites page will not show the cache. The only thing that the favs page will show is "Undefined". I was able to save some of my local caches to favs page but most of the ones that I saved didn't save. I'll try to do the same thing from the stable version, I like the beta version better because you can log a cache right from the software. I'm sorry if this is another post about an issue that's already been covered.
    Try this. It might be the long way around but it gets the job done.

1)From main Screen: go to the bottom and choose Compass
    2)From the compaas, use the drop down and "Define Coordinates"
    3) Input name. Choose 'Navigate'.
    4) When the compass comes back up use the drop down again and choose 'Save Current Waypoint'
    5) The name you just 'defined' should come up.
    6) Click 'Save'.

Go back to main screen 'Favorites' and the waypoint should now be listed with the cache code starting with UD for 'user defined'
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Try this. It might be the long way around but it gets the job done.

1)From main Screen: go to the bottom and choose Compass
    2)From the compaas, use the drop down and "Define Coordinates"
    3) Input name. Choose 'Navigate'.
    4) When the compass comes back up use the drop down again and choose 'Save Current Waypoint'
    5) The name you just 'defined' should come up.
    6) Click 'Save'.

Go back to main screen 'Favorites' and the waypoint should now be listed with the cache code starting with UD for 'user defined'
    Will saving the current way point save the cache info even if I'm not at the cache? Or would it save the way point that I'm at? I would like to build a data base of caches in my phone so I can go paperless. Thanks.