Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 897
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Taurec's Avatar
    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    #601  
    description yes. With the hints i'm not sure.
  2. #602  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwtlg View Post

    Also (on the wish list) would be something like a log or notes field to make logging the finds later when I get home easier.
    Logging directly to geocaching.com is already in the beta app.
  3. Taurec's Avatar
    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    #603  
    Just got the confirmation that with 0.4.5 (released today) the Cache Loading Bug for Vodafon is fixed!!!
  4. #604  
    Why the diffrence in logging from the stable vs. beta apps? meaning stable opens geocaching.com cache page and lets you post a log. The beta app works like a native SDK Palm app. I take it the beta is a newer revised version for logging? if so will you be adding the ability to post a 'Maintenance' request as well?

    Again thanks for the great app georgo.
  5. Taurec's Avatar
    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    #605  
    The Beta is always a "Preview" of things in Development.
  6.    #606  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    Why the diffrence in logging from the stable vs. beta apps? meaning stable opens geocaching.com cache page and lets you post a log. The beta app works like a native SDK Palm app. I take it the beta is a newer revised version for logging? if so will you be adding the ability to post a 'Maintenance' request as well?

    Again thanks for the great app georgo.

    Hello,

    beta releases are released once I finish some part of app. Later it'll be released to App Catalog.

    Maintenance is possible in future, not now.
  7. #607  
    As I thought. I like the cleaner log system in the beta. Thanks again.
  8. mcwtlg's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #608  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    Logging directly to geocaching.com is already in the beta app.
    I spotted that *after* I found out about the beta app.

    Grazzi.
  9.    #609  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwtlg View Post
    Great app! So far I have been quite pleased. There is one problem that i am having with release 0.4.4 . When I put a .gpx file on my Palm Pre Plus, the geocaching app finds it when I go to import it but when I select it, nothing seems to happen, then it goes back to the import screen. When I go back to the main screen to see if the file has imported into favorites, the message states nothing has been imported.

    I am an avid geocacher and I tend to hit several places where 3g coverage does not exist so I need to be able to import .gpx files.

    Am I doing something wrong? This happens with any of my pocket queries that I download (which I have set at the maximum 500).

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi

    I tried to generate Pocket Query yesterday. Today, I download GPX, put in to phone and Import ..And successfuly.

    Can you send me "problematic" GPX files?
  10. pre1561's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #610  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwtlg View Post
    Great app! So far I have been quite pleased. There is one problem that i am having with release 0.4.4 . When I put a .gpx file on my Palm Pre Plus, the geocaching app finds it when I go to import it but when I select it, nothing seems to happen, then it goes back to the import screen. When I go back to the main screen to see if the file has imported into favorites, the message states nothing has been imported.

    I am an avid geocacher and I tend to hit several places where 3g coverage does not exist so I need to be able to import .gpx files.

    Am I doing something wrong? This happens with any of my pocket queries that I download (which I have set at the maximum 500).

    Any help would be appreciated.

    I've had the exact same problem, I have found that if I tap on the favorites star it will save the cache to my favorites folder. Another positive to doing this is that you don't have to plug the into your computer to download or to delete a cache. Even though this is a little more work it's easier to manage my list of caches. As long as I can save a favorite to a folder and then delete the cache from the phone without pluging the phone into my computer.
  11. #611  
    Okay so here it is... Plain as i can think it and write it.

    Can we get a "live map" like C:geo has... because your room mate has got that looking good!
  12.    #612  
    Quote Originally Posted by way2muchkc4u View Post
    Okay so here it is... Plain as i can think it and write it.

    Can we get a "live map" like C:geo has... because your room mate has got that looking good!
    It's in plan.. In soon plan.
  13. #613  
    Minor bug: On the geocaching website you can encrypt comments in the logs and there will be a 'decrypt' option in the log. This doesnt work on the app. The decrypt option is there, but the log wont decrypt. If you need an example, let me know.
  14. mcwtlg's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #614  
    So far, I have had problems with 500 and 450 count queries, but 400 count queries load fine. I am not sure what the cut off point is. Not that it is a *huge* issue, but I do cache out of 3G/EDGE range sometimes and not having a cache list available will hinder my searches . I am closing in on find 2300.

    Before the Pre I was using Centro with Cachemate and while it was a basic app, it worked pretty well. Paperless caching is really great!
  15. #615  
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    It's in plan.. In soon plan.
    YES! Can not tell you how much I love to hear that THANK YOU! Hey just had a crazy idea you need to hook up with the BFGmaps guys! Like you, they have it togeather!

    Thanks!
  16. #616  
    MapTool has a live map, or?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  17. #617  
    I too would love to see a live map. I think this is the biggest omission from the current beta version.

    And I don't know if this is possible, but it would be great if caches with no "found" logs could have some sort of emphasis to alert the user that they could potentially be the first to find.
  18. pre1561's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #618  
    I finally had time to play with this software a little, (beta version) I found that if I save a cache to favorites a lot of times the favorites page will not show the cache. The only thing that the favs page will show is "Undefined". I was able to save some of my local caches to favs page but most of the ones that I saved didn't save. I'll try to do the same thing from the stable version, I like the beta version better because you can log a cache right from the software. I'm sorry if this is another post about an issue that's already been covered.
  19. #619  
    Try this. It might be the long way around but it gets the job done.

    1)From main Screen: go to the bottom and choose Compass
    2)From the compaas, use the drop down and "Define Coordinates"
    3) Input name. Choose 'Navigate'.
    4) When the compass comes back up use the drop down again and choose 'Save Current Waypoint'
    5) The name you just 'defined' should come up.
    6) Click 'Save'.

    Go back to main screen 'Favorites' and the waypoint should now be listed with the cache code starting with UD for 'user defined'
  20. pre1561's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #620  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    Try this. It might be the long way around but it gets the job done.

    1)From main Screen: go to the bottom and choose Compass
    2)From the compaas, use the drop down and "Define Coordinates"
    3) Input name. Choose 'Navigate'.
    4) When the compass comes back up use the drop down again and choose 'Save Current Waypoint'
    5) The name you just 'defined' should come up.
    6) Click 'Save'.

    Go back to main screen 'Favorites' and the waypoint should now be listed with the cache code starting with UD for 'user defined'
    Will saving the current way point save the cache info even if I'm not at the cache? Or would it save the way point that I'm at? I would like to build a data base of caches in my phone so I can go paperless. Thanks.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions