Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahuntoon View Post
    Will not read my gpx files on Pre. I used to be able to import gpx into favs and the app would read them. But now it will only show titles and insists on going to gc.com for details, thus I can bo longer us out of range. How do I get the capability back?

Thanks!

Can you please send me this GPX ?
  2.    #582  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney70 View Post
    I tried several things, but nothing would help.

My Profile at Geocaching.com is english. With Wifi I see all caches.
    Vodafone could'nt help me with my issue. They dont know what kind of problem this could be.

Sad and bad, but I can't use it still now. My company pays for me the vodafone-card.

Greetings, Sven

Can you please try latest Geocaching for webOS beta ? (2010.07.22) I figured out, users with T-Mobile CZ have similar problems. It maybe help for you too.
    Hi again,

I tried it yesterday. Nice app, cool design, but does'nt work with vodafone Germany. They do'nt know an Issues with their http. I think they wo'nt do anything. :-(

If I am free in time, I try the "tethering" tool and send you logfiles. Maybe it would help you.

btw: You are doing a really great job. Sorry for the inconvienence.

Greets
  4.    #584  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney70 View Post
    If I am free in time, I try the "tethering" tool and send you logfiles. Maybe it would help you.
    Hi, thanks! That will totaly helped me!
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Hey Georgo,

why don't you create a Menue Item "Create Debug".
    When a User clicks on that the App just pulls down a Specific Cache (always the same) and sends you an eMail with the full HTML-Contend).

With that you can easly get those HTML-Pages from all diferent Providers and nobody needs to install the Tethering stuff.

To code this it should not take more then 5 Minutes.

CU

Lars
    i think i found a bug

In the version 2010.07.24 i have the problem that the web browser doesn't open when i want to open a spoiler-image. In the stable version the browser just opens and loads the image. Phone is a Palm Pre with WebOS 1.4.5 installed.

Anyway it's a very nice software. I miss only the "write log entry" feature. But someday even this I can do with your software.
  7.    #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by txt_file View Post
    i think i found a bug

In the version 2010.07.24 i have the problem that the web browser doesn't open when i want to open a spoiler-image. In the stable version the browser just opens and loads the image. Phone is a Palm Pre with WebOS 1.4.5 installed.

Anyway it's a very nice software. I miss only the "write log entry" feature. But someday even this I can do with your software.

Hi,

there was bug in previous beta release. Caches with wrong data is now in cache. Try reload cache in 2010.07.24 on newer. (In cache detail, tap top left corner and tap Reload cache)
    here's the rror I get in IE 7 and IE 8 on the go4cache.com site:
    =====================================================

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C)
    Timestamp: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 04:36:30 UTC

Line: 12
    Char: 3
    Code: 0
    URI: http://go4cache.com/files/map.js
  9.    #590  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    here's the rror I get in IE 7 and IE 8 on the go4cache.com site:
    =====================================================

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C)
    Timestamp: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 04:36:30 UTC

Line: 12
    Char: 3
    Code: 0
    URI: http://go4cache.com/files/map.js

Tḧank you, I'll check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    Tḧank you, I'll check it out.
    Works in IE 7 now. I'll validate IE8 when I get home. Thanks. Very cool.
    georgo10, I was wondering if you can create a radar mode like what's found in Geocaching apps for iPhone, Android, and Blackberry.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Great app! So far I have been quite pleased. There is one problem that i am having with release 0.4.4 . When I put a .gpx file on my Palm Pre Plus, the geocaching app finds it when I go to import it but when I select it, nothing seems to happen, then it goes back to the import screen. When I go back to the main screen to see if the file has imported into favorites, the message states nothing has been imported.

I am an avid geocacher and I tend to hit several places where 3g coverage does not exist so I need to be able to import .gpx files.

Am I doing something wrong? This happens with any of my pocket queries that I download (which I have set at the maximum 500).

Any help would be appreciated.
  13.    #594  
    I'll check new pocket queries. Thanks
    when I read we can post logs from the beta app I did a happy dance. However how do you do it? I checked prefrences on every page and compass and no love. Help?

also how about including a Bing maps option?

thanks georgo.
  15.    #596  
    when I read we can post logs from the beta app I did a happy dance. However how do you do it? I checked prefrences on every page and compass and no love. Help?
    Try tap on "aircraft" button in bottom left corner in cache detail.

also how about including a Bing maps option?
    Bing is not in my plan yet.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    I'll check new pocket queries. Thanks
    I think I *may* have figured it out, but I am not sure. I did smaller querie (just on earthcaches) and it returned 60+ in a 100 mile radius. That query loaded, but the 500 cache query would not. Is it possible there is a limit on the number of records that your app can handle?

Also (on the wish list) would be something like a log or notes field to make logging the finds later when I get home easier.

Again, the app is really nice. I look forward to the finished product.
    This question is related to Geocaching in general:
    The only way to create .gpx files for geocaching is with a premium membershi, right? Is there any other way?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    sure. With tools like GSAK for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    sure. With tools like GSAK for example.
    Oh great, I was planning to download that soon. And GSAK can pull the descriptions and hints of geocaches, besides the cordinates?