Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sabro View Post
    the version is 0.4.3
    My provider is E-Plus. With the older version 0.4.2 (after i delete the "string.json"-files in resources/de and resources/de_de) it works perfectly, yesterday 5 caches in 1,5hours^^
    0.4.3 with Base (Eplus) is working fine for me here. Maybe you should think about runing WebOSDoctor on your Pre.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney70 View Post
    Hi again,
    @George
    Great software, but it isnt really good that it will work only wit wifi.
    Hope you will fix it, without me as simple user to make it with developer mode.
    Thats's not something to blame Tomas for. It's working great over 3G for most of us! It's your ISP that seams to alter Websites when loading them OTA. Maybe you can try to call them and ask if they can turn of that kind of proxy for you (or maybe it's a old Contract you have).
    Hi,

I don't blame Tomas for this problem. Sorry if it sound so.
    My carrier is vodafone, any I dont have an old contract. Accidently it would'nt have anything to do with.

If it is only a change of two lines like milanroubel wrote, I only would prefer Tomas makes it in his app. Nothing other is my suggestion. The software looks and feels great, only this little problem make it for some ppl not usable on the road.

Und ich denke das hatten wir auch schonmal das Thema. Es bringt mir halt nichts, wenn ich da was ändere, und beim nächsten Update ist es wieder weg weil die Files getauscht werden. Ich denke das siehst Du genauso. Schön das es mit Base geht, aber selbst O2 geht ja nicht über 3G/HSDPA.

Gruss, Sven

P.S.: Witzige Idee einen Mobilfunkanbieter zu bitten ihre Proxy zu ändern, weil eine Software mit abosoluten Pfadangaben arbeitet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    0.4.3 with Base (Eplus) is working fine for me here. Maybe you should think about runing WebOSDoctor on your Pre.
    Why that? Don't think it will help.

Thats's not something to blame Tomas for. It's working great over 3G for most of us! It's your ISP that seams to alter Websites when loading them OTA. Maybe you can try to call them and ask if they can turn of that kind of proxy for you (or maybe it's a old Contract you have).
    But he's probably not the only one. A source dump of the website he gets would be very helpful and might also make the whole parsing more relaxed.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post

But he's probably not the only one. A source dump of the website he gets would be very helpful and might also make the whole parsing more relaxed.

If I call geocaching.com with the browser, I can search all caches from a User, GC or my coordinates. In the app I only get the message: "No caches found.
    If I try it at home with wifi, it works fine and I can take them to my favorites and look at all the text and pictures.

It is a problem with 3G over vodafone, and I am surely not the only one with this problem. There were some other in this thread too. If the problem is only the one milanroubel wrote on page 24, it should be able to repair, in my opinion.
    Which problem on page 24? In my opinion the reason is a different html-stream which comes through a proxy added by certain mobile providers. And you can only solve it by grabbing the source code which precaching tries to parse. And this has nothing to do if it works in the browser or not.
    Look at this post from milanroubel.
    http://forums.precentral.net/2416927-post465.html
    He mentioned it is the problem with the absolut paths.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    If it is only a change of two lines like milanroubel wrote, I only would prefer Tomas makes it in his app. Nothing other is my suggestion. The software looks and feels great, only this little problem make it for some ppl not usable on the road.
    Hmm I missed that one. I will talk with Tomas about it.

Und ich denke das hatten wir auch schonmal das Thema. Es bringt mir halt nichts, wenn ich da was ändere, und beim nächsten Update ist es wieder weg weil die Files getauscht werden. Ich denke das siehst Du genauso. Schön das es mit Base geht, aber selbst O2 geht ja nicht über 3G/HSDPA.
    Wenn du genau weiss was und wo geändert werden muss mail mir das mal bitte. Das bekommen wir schon irgendwie in den Code rein.

P.S.: Witzige Idee einen Mobilfunkanbieter zu bitten ihre Proxy zu ändern, weil eine Software mit abosoluten Pfadangaben arbeitet.
    Witzig aber durchaus möglich. Ich hatte ein ähnliches Problem mal mit der Teledoof. Dort wurden über UMTS einfach alle Bilder auf 256 vom Proxy runtergerechnet um Bandbreite zu spaaren. Nach ein paar Diskussionen mit der Hotline haben die diese Option aber dann für den Vertrag geändert.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Look at this post from milanroubel.
    http://forums.precentral.net/2416927-post465.html
    He mentioned it is the problem with the absolut paths.
    But that was only an issues with Images and not with the complete Listing
    But that was only an issues with Images and not with the complete Listing
    Oh, my fault.
    I got an email at home. He sent me some files, but I wasnt able to copy them on my pre. I will send them to you, if you send me your emailadress as pn.

Greets
    No, it's the parser. That's why my writing: it needs to be a more relaxed parser which in the end handles both versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    No, it's the parser. That's why my writing: it needs to be a more relaxed parser which in the end handles both versions.
    Ich habe die Files von Milan einfach mal geschickt.
    Vielleicht kann er daraus erkennen was anders ist.
    Laut Milan geht dann 3G mit Vodafone.
    you have already two ways for this:

1) open the app @ home, load your cache and save it as a favourite (the icon with the little guy)
    2) export the caches you want offline to a file (with pocket querrys or gsak) and then use the import feature.
    Thank for that! Seems like i kind of knew that, just didn't really know if it was saving off line. THANK YOU! I just gave a small donation for what I (and I alone) feel this app is worth.

Now if I may set up a small challenge (I call it that because I'd love to donate more$) I was hoping to get you to include the map that GC.com uses on it's site when you "map it" I love the live search and "pop up" options you get on the site. Any chance we could see something like this in your already cool app!?!

There is a back story to this. My little brother has a new "amazing" robo fone. That I keep telling him is not better than my Pre+. But now that we cache with each other. I can't help but to compare caching apps. This is how i came to my first question. (Thanks for that again) The above request was just updated to his app and I can't help hoping we can get a similar update.

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR A GREAT APP!
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    you can have a map view like the one on GC.com.

Install "Mapping Tool" then search in Geocaching for webOS for your Caches and select "show caches in mapping tool" from the App-Menue.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    To all Germans with Problems with getting Caches. Make sure that your GC.COM Profile is set to English. It will not work when it is in German.
    Thanks Taurec!!
    I setted my GC.com profile back to english language and the app works fine again!!
    What a bug... :-D

regards,
    sascha
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Cool... btw I will release a Geocaching App for solving Mysteries and Multis.

I hope to get the first Beta finished later today. I will post some screenshots in a new Threat in about an hour.
    Here we go: Geocaching Toolbox
    Cool App!

@georgo

Feature request: --> Altimeter!! Position could be bottom of the compass or found when you click the existing information button in the lower right of the compass screen.
    You might run MapTool in the background and have your current altitude as reported by the GPS and (much more accurate) the elevation of the ground.