Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Strange.

Have you tried deleting the App and using Internalz or something else to make sure that EVERYTHING from the Folder /media/cryptofs/usr/palm/applications/com.georgo.org.precaching is deleted?
    Very weird, indeed.

I removed precaching und the complete folder /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.georgo.org was gone. So far, so good. But sadly after a new installation I still get the same parsing error. I am a bit puzzled here. Is there any way i can do more debugging?
    @dolph: I think you might need to catch the result from geocaching.com using a desktop computer and the Pre tethering over T-Mob. For me it looks as if T-Mob routes the answer over a proxy and alters the result. It would be helpful for Georgo, if he could look on the html-source which you get when doing a nearby search or querying a GC.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Yes you can debug the App.. For this you need to ssh into your Pre:

Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

After that start the following command for global messages: tail -f /var/log/messages

Or for only debugging this App: log com.georgo.org.precaching
    @MetaView: OK, I'll try to do that when I have the equipment around.

Is anyone of you also on T-Mobile? Do you have a special Internet-APN configured, or just set the "manual network-config" switch to off to get it automatically?
    @Taurec: I see the following messages in /var/log/messages when the error occurs:

2010-06-10T12:50:02.772033Z [1771] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.georgo.org.precaching: Error: "Not in database", palmInitFramework338:2520
    2010-06-10T12:50:06.121459Z [1775] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.georgo.org.precaching: Error: {"message": "Cannot read property '1' of null", "stack": "TypeError: Cannot read property '1' of null\n at [object Object].<anonymous> (file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.georgo.org.precaching/plugins/geocaching.com.jsjsjs:$599$:$95$)\$n$ $at$ $anonymous$.$respondToReadyState$ ($native$)\$n$ $at$ $anonymous$.$onStateChange$ ($native$)\$n$ $at$ $XMLHttpRequest$.$onreadystatechange$ ($native$)&$quot$;, &$quot$;$type$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$non_object_property_load$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$arguments$&$quot$;: [$1$, $null$], &$quot$;$name$&$quot$;: &$quot$;$TypeError$&$quot$;}, $palmInitFramework338$:$2520$

But as I don't know the source-code this gives me no clue what went wrong.
    Without the html source which you get over T-Mobile, it doesn't bring much.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Maybe Georgo needs to create a debug version for him that prints out the code in to the shell
    Hmmm the new version says it launches a new card for compass. While it does that, it seems to close the original card and only leaving the compass. What am I missing.

oh and 'Hi' everyone.

Thanks Georgo for the recent updates.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    did you enabled this in the config?
    Yup, there is a switch you need to hit the preferences. I think the point of that was to keep the compass locked on while you check the hints or logs. Otherwise, when you reopen the compass, it takes some time track you again.
    Good feature!
    Hi Guys,
    i got a new problem with geocaching for webos. Yesterday there was an update in preware. I installed the update, but after this the app donīt work anymore. If i try to search the nearest caches, it locates me, but after this there are no coordinates. it searchs and searchs and search. i tryed it over 3g and over wlan. but nothing work... Has anyone this problem, too? I live here in Germany and use the app on my PrPrPré $with$ $E$-$Plus$.
    Sorry for my bad english, hope you understand my problem.

regards,
    sascha
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Sascha what Version Nr do you have and what Service Provider?
    Hi Taurec,
    the version is 0.4.3
    My provider is E-Plus. With the older version 0.4.2 (after i delete the "string.json"-files in resources/de and resources/de_de) it works perfectly, yesterday 5 caches in 1,5hours^^
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I downloaded a few caches today and they show up on my Pre in a folder in the phones main memory. I can see the caches after disconnecting my phone when I tap on import from Geocaching for WebOS software. But they don't import, I go back to the main page and tap on "Favorites" and there's nothing there, the software says there's nothing in the Favorites list. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help. I'm not even sure if I want to do this this and take up memory on my phone, because I can search my location and navigate to a cache, is there any advantage to downloading all of these caches and storing them on my phone in the main memory?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    To Import Caches to the App you need to Export them on your PCs and copy them as a LOC or GPX on the Phone.

To have Caches in your Favorite-List and avalible withour DataConnection you need to open them first when you have a DataConnection and then "save" them with the Favorite Icon (The one that looks a little like the MSN-Messanger Body),
    OK. Perhaps these uploads will help to debug the issues with T-Mobile 3G.

I downloaded a cache page over my wlanat home and saved it. Then I connected to my Pre running as a WLan Hotspot and downloaded the same page again. Weird, that the page is way bigger over 3G! What the heck is T-Mobile doing with it's stupid proxy?

Does this make things more clear?
    Are you able to adapt the parser to the T-Mobile specifics?

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    To Import Caches to the App you need to Export them on your PCs and copy them as a LOC or GPX on the Phone.

To have Caches in your Favorite-List and avalible withour DataConnection you need to open them first when you have a DataConnection and then "save" them with the Favorite Icon (The one that looks a little like the MSN-Messanger Body),
    This is what I did, I plugged my phone into my computer, & tapped on on USB. I logged onto geocaching.com, I went to my watch list so I had a list of caches that are on my GPS.Then I went to the cache page & clicked on "send to my GPS. The Garmin software picked up my phone so I told it to write the .gpx file to my phone. There is a new folder on my phone named "Garmin", Geocashing for WebOS finds that folder but won't import the .gpx files from the folder to the software. I hope that explains things better than my first post did. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post

This is what I did, I plugged my phone into my computer, & taped on on USB. I logged onto geocaching.com, I went to my watch list so I had a list of caches that are on my GPS.Then I went to the cache page & clicked on "send to my GPS. The Garmin software picked up my phone so I told it to write the .gpx file to my phone. There is a new folder on my phone named "Garmin", Geocashing for WebOS finds that folder but won't import the .gpx files from the folder to the software. I hope that explains things better than my first post did. Thanks.
    Hi again,

after Update to 0.43 I was full of hope it would work.
    Milanroubel send me a fix, but I have lot of problems to install it.
    So my idea was, george would fix it in his update. Sad but true, he didnt.

@George
    Great software, but it isnt really good that it will work only wit wifi.
    Hope you will fix it, without me as simple user to make it with developer mode.

Greetings Sven

P.S.: Why does it forget my favorites suddenly? I had to make them several times, and every time they are lost after some days.
    Last edited by Sweeney70; 06/17/2010 at 03:00 AM.