Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    The beta is working fine still. You need to download it through preware. You can always still navigate the geocaching.com page, and manually input the coordinates into the compass screen.
    Finally got it working with 0.4.2, Its a round-about method to get it! Current version in the App Catalog is 0.4.1 and it does not work since Geocaching.com updated their website. the Updated version that is NOT in the App Catalog is 0.4.2 and can be gotten threw the feeds in WebOS Quickinstall (see link below) and installed using a USB cable and your PC.

I am going to explain what I did to get this on my Palm Pre Plus.

1. Download WebOS Quickinstall >>>HERE<<< Please read the info

2. Install WebOS QuickInstall on your PC (it will prompt to download any needed components, do this) after installed open the program.

3. Put your phone into Dev. Mode by typeing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" then taping Developer mode and turning it ON. then tap restart/reset

4. Next plug in your phone to a usb port on your computer and tap "Just Charge"

5. In WebOS Quick Install, Click the BLUE DOWN ARROW, (if it says no device, check your usb connection, that your in dev. mod, unplug, replug, try again.

6.after the list updates, find and select "Geocaching for WebOS" and click Download, once done close the window.

7. You should see the "geocaching for webOS" ready to install... Click Install...

8. Take your phone out of Dev. mode, Type again "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" and tap dev. mode and turn it off, wait for the reset.

9. GO GEOCACHING!!!

I hope that this helps anyone that is having problems getting Geocaching for webOS. I wrote this because I Read threw many posts to figure out how to do this and no were did I see a Straight Forward "Do This".
    BTW, MapTool can also perform a near-by< search on geocaching.com
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Hey I know the next Version is close to be finished. So I'm suggesting this for the next release:

• How about a "New Version avalible" detection at each start. I've see already some other Apps that are dooing this. I think that would be nice since we often saw that you need to Update your Version after Groundspeak updated theire Website (and the Users don't always notice that).
    • Something my Brother showed my at his Android Caching App: When you use the "Locate Me" Feature in his App it takes the last 10 or 20 GPS Coordinates where you at and gives you the average. That makes the Spot for you current Location much more reliable.
    On request: How do you fix the Homebrew version on a German device

* Install Internalz from Preware
    * open Internalz and go to
    "/media/cryptfs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.georgo.org.precaching/resources"
    * tap and hold on folder "de_de" and select delete (löschen) from the menu
    * repeat for folder "de"
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Don't worry. I'm just testing 0.4.3 in German right now
    Could still happen again, the separate UI files gives a high chance to miss something on an update. Happens to me too from time to time.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Ehehe.. true.. but right now it looks good!!!
    Thank you, great job! Now it works perfectly!
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    One more request for the next Version.

I would like to have the posibility to customise my Tweet Text (Template). Why?
    First I don't like the current text (I already said that) and second I want my Tweets be shown in English not in German (since I have a lot of international Friends in Facebook).

Currenty I just went to the Strings.json and deleted that Part from it
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by subsystem View Post
    Finally got it working with 0.4.2, Its a round-about method to get it! Current version in the App Catalog is 0.4.1 and it does not work since Geocaching.com updated their website. the Updated version that is NOT in the App Catalog is 0.4.2 and can be gotten threw the feeds in WebOS Quickinstall (see link below) and installed using a USB cable and your PC.

I am going to explain what I did to get this on my Palm Pre Plus.

1. Download WebOS Quickinstall >>>HERE<<< Please read the info

2. Install WebOS QuickInstall on your PC (it will prompt to download any needed components, do this) after installed open the program.

3. Put your phone into Dev. Mode by typeing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" then taping Developer mode and turning it ON. then tap restart/reset

4. Next plug in your phone to a usb port on your computer and tap "Just Charge"

5. In WebOS Quick Install, Click the BLUE DOWN ARROW, (if it says no device, check your usb connection, that your in dev. mod, unplug, replug, try again.

6.after the list updates, find and select "Geocaching for WebOS" and click Download, once done close the window.

7. You should see the "geocaching for webOS" ready to install... Click Install...

8. Take your phone out of Dev. mode, Type again "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" and tap dev. mode and turn it off, wait for the reset.

9. GO GEOCACHING!!!

I hope that this helps anyone that is having problems getting Geocaching for webOS. I wrote this because I Read threw many posts to figure out how to do this and no were did I see a Straight Forward "Do This".
    Update: as of 9:30 AM EDT on 8 June 2010, Preware links to 0.4.2 in the App Catalog, and updates correctly.
    Just found out the update is now available in App Catalog. Downloaded and it works fine. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    The next Version of Geocaching for webOS will support Trackables... Awesome!!!
    Someone may have said this before but, I think the only thing I'd like to see out of this app currently, is for it to be downloadable via preware or have the one in the app catalog updated (not sure if that's palms fault or not). Whenever I see this app come up as Updated in preware I have to jump through numerous hoops to update it, while every other app I have updates directly through preware or the app catalog :/
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    It's in the official App-Cataloge since yesterday!

Also you can use the link in my signature!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    It's in the official App-Cataloge since yesterday!
    Love this app! Thank you sooo much for making this wounderful tool! My bro and I have started caching again and this app really really really helps!

could I ask for one thing maybe... Do we or could we have a way to save caches "offline" I've got some far out in the wild caches that I want to get and I know no one has and "bars" out as far as my fam. Goes camping.

THANKS AGAIN!
    I'll donate very soon!
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    you have already two ways for this:

1) open the app @ home, load your cache and save it as a favourite (the icon with the little guy)
    2) export the caches you want offline to a file (with pocket querrys or gsak) and then use the import feature.
    Just installed the new 0.4.3 version from the preware feed. While the applications is working again after the translastion problems I still have problems when I try to get caches via a T-Mobile 3G connection. I still get the "Problem - No caches found" error.

The Problem has already been mentioned here, so perhaps you could look into it, because at least for me the wohle point of this otherwise very good app is to search some spontanous caches on the go with my pre. But without being able to get caches via 3G it is quite useless now .
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    When you are on 3G can you Browse the Geocaching.com Webpage with the Pre-Webbrowser?

Can download a Cache when you not search for "Umgebung" but for a cache with a specific GC-Code?
    Hey Taurec!

Geocaching.com is working fine in the Browser.

When I search for a single GC-Code (GC245KD) I get the error: "Problem - Error occured on cache parsing".