Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Good morning.

Georgo10 I have one suggestion to make. Most time when I'm caching and I don't find the cache I have to go back from the Compass and look for the LOGs or read the Hint and Spoilers. Then I have to start the Compass again and the Compass needs time to get a GPS-Signal. That a little anoying.

This would much better if the Compass will open in a new Card. Then it would be easy to switch between the Compass and the Cache Details.

BTW I'm thrilled about the Twitter Feature!
  2.    #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    This would much better if the Compass will open in a new Card. Then it would be easy to switch between the Compass and the Cache Details.
    This is great idea! Thanks.
    That is a great idea about the compass! Also, I was wondering if there is anything that can be done to make the compass work more smoothly when you are simply standing still. It seems that unless you are walking at about 4mph, it is very jerky and inaccurate. That is fine when you are walking TOWARD a geocache area, but once you get close and really have to focus on your orientation as you are slowly moving, it doesn't seem very helpful. It may not be a software issue, but rather a hardware issue with the Pre's accelerometer, but I thought I'd just throw that out there anyway.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    That is normal and nothing Georgo an do about it. You have this with all GPS systems that don't have a Magnetic Compass.
    Darn. I was afraid of that. Oh well. At least my GPS is WORKING now on my Pre+... beggars can't be choosers I guess. ;-)
    I favourited 10 caches that were all out in the country, so no data connection. I hit a few problems:
    1. the phone never locked on closer that 160ft. (I'm thinking this was the phones fault, but can anyone confirm that the program works fine for them without a data connection)

2. In the favorites list, all the caches were listed in alphabetical order. Having them sorted by distance would be much better...we were driving straight east, so it was not too bad to figure out the next cache. (did it do that because my gps was not locking on?)

3. The spoiler pics did not load. I've seen that mentioned before. Is there a specific reason why this isn't added?

Everything else is simply awesome.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I can't confirm 1 and 3. This is working for me absolutly wonderfull.
  8.    #428  
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by dfroelich View Post
    I favourited 10 caches that were all out in the country, so no data connection. I hit a few problems:
    1. the phone never locked on closer that 160ft. (I'm thinking this was the phones fault, but can anyone confirm that the program works fine for them without a data connection)
    I was today on hunt and GPS accuracy was 6 meters and app bring me near the cache ( around ~1 m to final).

2. In the favorites list, all the caches were listed in alphabetical order. Having them sorted by distance would be much better...we were driving straight east, so it was not too bad to figure out the next cache. (did it do that because my gps was not locking on?)
    Go to settings and enable "Recalculate distance"

3. The spoiler pics did not load. I've seen that mentioned before. Is there a specific reason why this isn't added?
    Spoiler images doesn't work? Can you post me GC codes?
    I tried it few minutes ago on GC1WMGX and it works for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    On your screen shots, you have a data connection. My problem was when I was out away from any cell towers. I tried the cache you have there: GC1WMGX.
    1 - turn data on
    2 - favorite the cache
    3 - turn data off
    4 - bring it up in favorites
    5 - try to load pics

It then tries to access them from the geocaching.com site, not from local storage.

btw, the original cache I tried was gce1a4

As for the "recalculate distance in..." I turned that on now. What is the full name there? It is hidden, so I was curious what got cut off.
    I went back to favorites, and I have your prague cache and the one about 40 miles from me. The prague is still listed first. Later today, I will go out and try turning off the data and see if these problems persist.
    we did some caches today,and it looks like 2 of my problems were due to the gps not locking on. The favorites ordered themselves, and the compass worked without data connection.

I was still unable however to access spoiler pics without data from favorited caches.
  11.    #431  
    On your screen shots, you have a data connection. My problem was when I was out away from any cell towers. I tried the cache you have there: GC1WMGX.
    1 - turn data on
    2 - favorite the cache
    3 - turn data off
    4 - bring it up in favorites
    5 - try to load pics

It then tries to access them from the geocaching.com site, not from local storage.

btw, the original cache I tried was gce1a4

As for the "recalculate distance in..." I turned that on now. What is the full name there? It is hidden, so I was curious what got cut off.
    I went back to favorites, and I have your prague cache and the one about 40 miles from me. The prague is still listed first. Later today, I will go out and try turning off the data and see if these problems persist.
    Oh, I write it before, only images are not preloaded.

About settings and text truncating - I know, it's not wellformed. I must think about it, how to make it better.
    I understand. Is there any way to preload the images?
  13.    #433  
    I understand. Is there any way to preload the images?
    There is way to download images and save them to cache. I have idea, how to do it. But I have more important to do (user list, logging, ...)
    Georgo,

After each update my favorites and user defined caches get deleted. Is there a way to save them? Today Jason announced that his File Service API is version 1.0 and supports file saving and apparently Maptool is already using it to save data. Is this something that could be incorporated?

Logging?? I Cant WAIT!!!
  15.    #435  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    Georgo,

After each update my favorites and user defined caches get deleted. Is there a way to save them? Today Jason announced that his File Service API is version 1.0 and supports file saving and apparently Maptool is already using it to save data. Is this something that could be incorporated?

Logging?? I Cant WAIT!!!

Hi. This is very strange. If update of application removes your favourites, is somethink broken in your phone.
    Try uninstall Geocaching for webOS (in launcher press Orange button and tap application to complete remove) and install aplication again. Update is not removing anything in my case.
    2 Suggestions:

add an option to hide disabled caches from search results

When you define coordinates from the compass screen, autofill the boxes with your current position to make it quicker to enter.

Thanks for thinking about it.
  17.    #437  
    Hi,

add an option to hide disabled caches from search results
    This is not possible yet. Geocaching.com doesn't provide this in it's search options.

When you define coordinates from the compass screen, autofill the boxes with your current position to make it quicker to enter.
    Good idea, thanks.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Hi Georgo.

I just installed 4.1, awesome!

Two things I noticed:

1. What's new - History is only showing 4.0 news
    2. German translation for Twitter Integration is missing (send me the files please).
    Hi,

I don't understand this could responses, because it doesn't work on my Pre. Version 0.4.1.
    I did type in my Account and Password, it starts and every search says that it can't find anything. Bad thing, so I can't use it.

Pre is Hardware Revision A, actual WebOS.

Greetings, Sven
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    When did you tried it?

You know that Geocaching.com was offline Yesterday and that they changed the Website?!