Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #401  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    Ok, here's a sample file that I generate out of GSAK... It's a GPX 1.0 file.
    Thanks for this. I figure it out this morning. It will be in tommorow beta, which should also be next 0.4.0 release
    Bug report: I saw this a few versions ago and forgot to report it. On the beta version, the logs show the date year as 2000. So for example a log from yesterday will say April 1 2000.

The official version doesnt exhibit this behavior.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Georgo, thanks for the great app. Question: after I add a cache listing to the Favorites list, how do I delete it from the list when I am finished with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzk3 View Post
    Georgo, thanks for the great app. Question: after I add a cache listing to the Favorites list, how do I delete it from the list when I am finished with it?
    try swipe to delete.
  5.    #405  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    try swipe to delete.
    Yes, swipe will work (I hope), and also you can enter cache details and press middle button (human with star).
  6.    #406  
    Bug report: I saw this a few versions ago and forgot to report it. On the beta version, the logs show the date year as 2000. So for example a log from yesterday will say April 1 2000.

The official version doesnt exhibit this behavior.

Yay, thanks! Fixed.
  7.    #407  
    One to go

Hi all. Today I release beta 2010.04.03. If everything will be ok there, I'm coming to release it as new version. Horay!
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    Parking log? Covered garage? Or you see sky? Maybe you have bad GPS signal and Pre brings you your Google Services Location.
    It was an open lot. I've also been in the woods, and have had the same thing happen. I've found about 10 caches using this app, so I'm not really complaining. I was just curious if anyone else has compass problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    One to go

Hi all. Today I release beta 2010.04.03. If everything will be ok there, I'm coming to release it as new version. Horay!
    I'll take it for a test run tomorrow and report anything I find.

I still find the compass takes a long time to acquire even in wide open areas. I just wait it out for a few.
    Minor bug:

When looking at the logs, if the name of the finder is long, it will exceed the darker grey area and end up in the body of the log. You can see this if you look at the first log (the one on the very bottom) on GC231RC

I'm going out for a full day on Friday so I''ll let you know anything else I find.
    I still find the compass takes a long time to acquire even in wide open areas. I just wait it out for a few.
    The date of your post coensides with a bad electromagnetic storm that affected GPS devices for a few days. Should be better now.
    Quote Originally Posted by VicGCarrillo View Post
    The date of your post coensides with a bad electromagnetic storm that affected GPS devices for a few days. Should be better now.
    interesting information. Makes sense. Thanks
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    thanks for the great app! I've been on spring break at Cocoa Beach and found my first two caches ever. What a great introduction to geocaching
    Major bug: The official version is not showing recent logs. I posted a log for GC11EAR (as well as several others) and my Log shows up in the Beta program but nothing in the Official version. Also I'm not seeing any logs, such as 'Published" on any new caches that were posted yesterday: GC26FT8 & GC26FRZ

Medium Bug: Compass distance lags. I was looking for a cache that was on the other side of a bridge. The distance told me 180 feet to cache, yet there was only about 30 feet of bridge remaining. I walked to the end of the bridge and it still said ~ 150 feet. I stopped and just stood there. After about 30 seconds the distance caught up with me and said 3.9 feet ... which was correct.

However if I was out in the open, I would have been 30 seconds past my target ... not good. I dont blame the GPS lock since it was eventually accurate, it just took a very long time to catch up to me ... on a clear sky view.
  15.    #415  
    Major bug: The official version is not showing recent logs. I posted a log for GC11EAR (as well as several others) and my Log shows up in the Beta program but nothing in the Official version. Also I'm not seeing any logs, such as 'Published" on any new caches that were posted yesterday: GC26FT8 & GC26FRZ
    That is not a bug. Cache and all details around are cached in memory. To refresh, use App menu in Cache detail.

Medium Bug: Compass distance lags. I was looking for a cache that was on the other side of a bridge. The distance told me 180 feet to cache, yet there was only about 30 feet of bridge remaining. I walked to the end of the bridge and it still said ~ 150 feet. I stopped and just stood there. After about 30 seconds the distance caught up with me and said 3.9 feet ... which was correct.
    All data comes from Palm Pre API, it's phone issue.
    Georgo10: Didn't you want implement an API to launch preCaching with
    * a location (lat/lng) to search around this location
    * a cache ID and preCaching shows the cache details?

Would be great.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    This app is one of the reasons I got the Pre, I wanted to beable to Geocache with my phone. So thank you for this app, it has allowed me to locate some caches while I am out and about.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Hey it looks like you are a candidate for 1000$ from Palms HotApps Programm. Congratiulations.
    If I install the Geocaching for webOS BETA, will it overwrite the official version I already have installed? Doesn't matter to me one way or the other, just curious. Also, what are the differences between the two versions?
  20.    #420  
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    If I install the Geocaching for webOS BETA, will it overwrite the official version I already have installed?
    Negative. Beta is separated. It have also separated all data.

Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Also, what are the differences between the two versions?
    Geocaching for webOS without BETA is stable and appropriate for end user.
    Beta is my nightly releases - when I finish new feature, I'll release it in Beta for users for testing.