Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Twitter Integration (is verry easy but might be a lot of fun)
    What specific do you have in mind?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    in your Version 0.6.0 when you implement Cache logging it would be nice to post the Log on Twitter. For example like "I just found the Geocache TopSecret-Box"
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    Don't understand ... Explain me please.
    Once you import your list they are all listed in Favorites. If you chose a cache from the Favorites list, it opens the compass. Can this be changed to open the cache page like it does if you choose 'Nearest' and then the cache?

Show me the source
    Attached.

Distances are now working, I had an older LOC file on my Pre. It would still be nice to have the option of just have one big list, but I understand if this is due to the overhead needed to run a huge list in memory.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  4.    #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    Once you import your list they are all listed in Favorites. If you chose a cache from the Favorites list, it opens the compass. Can this be changed to open the cache page like it does if you choose 'Nearest' and then the cache?
    Thats feature. If you're importing LOC file, it's only waypoints. So I add selection, how to import.

• Waypoint
      In favourites is this item stored as waypoint, after TAP is open compass directly
    • Geocache
      In favourites is this item stored as geocache, but without data. After TAP, all data are loaded from site.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Dude, I like your application but every time you update the application, my updater goes crazy. I not only have to remove the update but I have to BOTH hit the WEBOS doctor and do the full erase option on the phone. it is driving me crazy.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    nice, but is there a way to save it with the data? This would be great for traveling to other countrys. Data Roaming is way to expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    Thats feature. If you're importing LOC file, it's only waypoints. So I add selection, how to import.

• Waypoint
      In favourites is this item stored as waypoint, after TAP is open compass directly
    • Geocache
      In favourites is this item stored as geocache, but without data. After TAP, all data are loaded from site.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh makes sense. Thanks for the information and the change. I look forward to the next version.
    Just updated to .17 the Import works great now and exactly as I wanted (even though I forgot to switch to Geocache instead of Waypoint a couple times).

Big Thanks!!!
  9.    #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    nice, but is there a way to save it with the data? This would be great for traveling to other countrys. Data Roaming is way to expensive.
    Load cache and save it to favourite. Items in favourites are caches (only images are not)
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Ok.. thanks.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Ok, here's a sample file that I generate out of GSAK... It's a GPX 1.0 file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    Ok, here's a sample file that I generate out of GSAK... It's a GPX 1.0 file.
    Looks like GSAK interjects its own data and thus causes the parser to fail since its not recognizing the GSAK fields.

Just a thought but I could be way off.
    Does this even work at all with the Verizon Pre Plus? I thought I saw some rumblings about jacked up GPS on the Pre Plus. I was just outside, picked a cache, went to the compass, and all I get is this:

Waiting for GPS... It can take long if you don't have direct view to sky. Accuracy 3 mi.

I am standing outside with ZERO clouds in the sky for 10 minutes and it shows me nothing.

What am I doing wrong?
    Update: after about 15 minutes it finally showed something, but as I walked around the compass needle in the app never moved. This is my first foray into geocaching so I may simply not be doing something right. Any help would be appreciated. My sons are excited about the idea of trying this out tomorrow, but I need to make sure I am doing things right before we head out...LOL
    The GPS is wacky on the Pre. For the most part it works very well but sometimes the chip seems to think its someplece your not. Most likley due to getting its position from the network (i explaned all this in an earlier post).

Anyways, the accusracy gets better as you move but if you want a direct hit on your cache location, while in the compass open up the tab and choose 'Google Maps'. This sends the coordinates posted from Geocaching.com to Google so you dont have any ill effects of a bad chip. Then just zoom down as far as possible and this will give you a visual of where to look. Then using the hints/logs should be enough to make for a great hunt.

have fun.
    @georgo10; ever had problems with approval process on palm because of needing MapTool for certain features? Just got a rejection for TravelGuide because some ftrs weren't working without MapTool.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Ocard, Have you confirmed that by switching off the phone radio (and wifi)?

I know my wifi router still reports my location at my old address when I am indoors and cannot see the sky, but once I step out, the GPS has priority and reports my correct location...within a minute or two.

Headgamer: The compass is software based, so you need a good location lock and be moving at a normal walk speed for it to calculate your direction. Then the red needle just points the way until you are within the error range of your lock, then it spins about.

It's somewhat fun to find a cache a few miles away, and hop in the car, only using the compass needle to guide you...oops, there's a river.
    Georgo: on the latest beta .26, I did a "Save my position" but where is that stored and how do I recall it? or has that not yet been coded?? Thanks.
  19.    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    Georgo: on the latest beta .26, I did a "Save my position" but where is that stored and how do I recall it? or has that not yet been coded?? Thanks.
    Hi, it's coded and your waypoint is in Favourites list.
  20.    #400  
    Hi all,

version 0.3.2 was pushed into Homebrew and App Catalog repository.

Version 0.3.2 fixes compatibility with Geocaching.com, correct marker in Google Maps

Have a good day.
    Last edited by Georgo10; 04/02/2010 at 01:48 AM.