Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Georgo,

Sorry to hear about your accident. I'd be happy to take a look at some of the code and see if I can contribute in any way. I'm not a developer by trade (database administrator) but I can certainly get in and figure out what's going on with things in existing source code. Let me know if I can be of any help!

And take care of yourself most of all!!!!
    Georgo, take care, hope everything works out well.

Greetings to the south
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    hope all is going OK with the accident. What is the difference between the app that has been on precentrals homebrew and the 'new' beta version?
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    probably this: SourceForge - precaching/precaching/shortlog

GPX import!!!! OH MY THATS AWESOME!!!!

Georgo has been a busy man. Thanks!

PS; Georgo do you want us to download this BETA for testing?
    Last edited by ocard; 03/07/2010 at 02:22 PM.
  5.    #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    hope all is going OK with the accident. What is the difference between the app that has been on precentrals homebrew and the 'new' beta version?
    Hi,
    thanks. I looks good, car is in repair and I'm almost good too

New BETA in Palm's Beta feed is actually development version of preCaching. It's early version, you can use it at your own risk. All bug reports are welcome.
    There is reason to have BETA and FULL application ID separated.

Version 0.4.0 will have lot of changes. I'm going to change philosophy of application (due Groundspeak Terms of Use) and implements functions, which I promises to you (loyal users).

Is here inqury to add Geocaching for webOS BETA to Preware feed? I'm not sure, who can access Palm Beta feed (for example,I'm unable to download any my application from Palm Catalog [Web,Beta,Official]

And of course. All new functions requests, bug reports etc. are very welcome.
  6.    #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    PS; Georgo do you want us to download this BETA for testing?
    Hello, you're welcome. If you like to test, do it. All reports are welcome. But, keep in mind, it's really beta.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    BTW I could see the Beta in Preware already!
  8.    #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    BTW I could see the Beta in Preware already!
    Beta feed is in preware, but installation is available only from Palm's application And me, for example, received only "Not available in your carrier" message
    LOC file import in .08 OMG.

any chance of 'locate me' for giving current coordinates when placing a cache?

you can also use App Scoop to download the beta feeds from App store.
  10.    #370  
    LOC file import in .08 OMG.
    Enjoy

any chance of 'locate me' for giving current coordinates when placing a cache?
    Locate Me is in preCaching's Compass since 0.3.0. Check top menu in compass.

you can also use App Scoop to download the beta feeds from App store.
    Nope,AppScoop is not available in my country.
    I have never done any geocaching at all. I always thought getting a GPS unit just for that (which is the only thing I would have gotten one for) was a bit frivolous. But having that capability on my Pre Plus has me all excited about doing this stuff with my 13 and 11 year old sons. I have heard that the accuracy of your location is very dependent on the unit you use for those that have used this app and their Pre's for geocaching, how accurate is it?

Hopefully we have good weather this weekend. I want to try it with my boys. Now I just have to spend some time at geocaching.com and learn about it before then!
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    The accuracy depends on the weather and location. I saw it between 3 and 15 Meters.
    @headgamer: The Pre uses a real GPS chip (actually a very good one) so its accuracy is the same as a standalone GPS receiver. However like Taurec said, it depends on many things; weather, sky view, network connectivity, etc.

While my Pre gets me to within a few feet of the target in most cases, its not uncommon to be 6-16 feet off. Don't forget you are dependent on the person who placed the cache as well

If in doubt and your Pre is being wacky (as it does with GPS from time to time), pull up Google Maps and check the location vs where you are. It sometimes makes your life easier.

@georgo: Love the beta!! LOC import is a pure VICTORY!! A couple questions:

1) Feature request: After importing a LOC or GPX file, items are moved into your favorites list. Can you add a swipe to delete for individual items? As I find items in my list, I want to remove them and currently when you try to swipe, it pulls up the compass. This is a feature of GOTO Tool that is very convenient in cleaning up the list.

2) I used Locate Me and it let me 'Define the name' however my only two options are Navigate and Cancel. If this location is being stored, how do I recover it? meaning I stored a name called 'Sepulveda'. I went home and want to get the coordinates but cant find them. What am I missing?

Thanks
  14.    #374  
    Greeting,

1) Feature request: After importing a LOC or GPX file, items are moved into your favorites list. Can you add a swipe to delete for individual items? As I find items in my list, I want to remove them and currently when you try to swipe, it pulls up the compass. This is a feature of GOTO Tool that is very convenient in cleaning up the list.
    Makes sense. Thanks for idea. Swipe delete now work in import preview

2) I used Locate Me and it let me 'Define the name' however my only two options are Navigate and Cancel. If this location is being stored, how do I recover it? meaning I stored a name called 'Sepulveda'. I went home and want to get the coordinates but cant find them. What am I missing?
    Yeah, that was not happily programmed. It saved waypoint only in one-time compass session. I'll prepare saving to Favourites.

Thanks for report
    Have a good night
  15.    #375  
    Hi all,
    at the moment have mood to listen lots and lots and lots and lots of ideas.

I have draft for next versions:

== 0.4.0 ==
    * Save waypoints to Favourite
    * Enlarge Spoiler images

== 0.5.0 ==
    * More user defined lists
    * Compass enhancements (target, sun)
    * Compass bad signal detection
    * Geocaching.com integration as plugin

== 0.6.0 ==
    * Cache logging

Anybody have some ideas, what to do? (Please, briefly)
    Thanks for ALL ideas. It's not app for me, it's for you, WITH YOU.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Twitter Integration (is verry easy but might be a lot of fun)
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Does loading .GPX files really work? If I try a small one that I generated with GSAK it acts like it's loading after selecting it from the list, but I go back and go to Favorites and there's nothing there.... ??
    @dcigary: LOC files work perfectly, I haven't tested GPX files yet.

@georgo:

Downloaded the latest beta:

Requests & bugs: all related to Favorites list

1) Swipe to delete works awesome on the first page. If you have additional pages "+Next Page" then the feature fails. Maybe just remove the items per page an just make one. big list.

2) Selecting a cache from Favorites should open the cache listing page, not the compass. At times I want to review the logs before I start my search. You can open the compass from the cache listing.

3) In the list the difficulty and terrain levels have question marks. Maybe it was just my import. Don't know.

4) Can we include distance to the cache on an imported cache and have it update as you travel.

Everything else I did a quick look at looked good.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ocard; 03/16/2010 at 11:18 PM.
  19.    #379  
    1) Swipe to delete works awesome on the first page. If you have additional pages "+Next Page" then the feature fails. Maybe just remove the items per page an just make one. big list.
    This is bug, Thanks. If you want one big list, choose "Recalculate distance in cache list" in Settings

2) Selecting a cache from Favorites should open the cache listing page, not the compass. At times I want to review the logs before I start my search. You can open the compass from the cache listing.
    Don't understand ... Explain me please.

3) In the list the difficulty and terrain levels have question marks. Maybe it was just my import. Don't know.
    Show me the source

4) Can we include distance to the cache on an imported cache and have it update as you travel.
    Enable "Recalculate distance in cache list" in Settings .. (It's one of the bottom switchers)
  20.    #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    Does loading .GPX files really work? If I try a small one that I generated with GSAK it acts like it's loading after selecting it from the list, but I go back and go to Favorites and there's nothing there.... ??
    I tried GPX import with Pocket Query .. Can you post me GSAK GPX file please?