Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I can't install this app, I press download, and it shows the download bar for less than 10 seconds. I do not have that fast of a connection to download 6 megs under 10 seconds. Then it reads installing, the note pannel pops up with app installed a moment later, but the download bar still reads installing and does not change. I then check the app in my app list, activate it and all that loads is the installed apps screen from the app catalog program. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I don't know why some apps install and some don't. But as a developer I know that if you are making a normal app (not a patch) you have no influnce in the install/uninstall process.
    I guess it's debatable as to which side of the fence the issue lies. I just hope it gets fixed soon, either way. Doesn't look like I'm the only person reporting this issue either in this thread. So this is effecting a lot of people.

@Ocard: How did you install the app (preware, quick install, file coaster, etc...)? Maybe this issue is tied to the installer app? I used preware, which launched the app store. This was exactly how the failure happened with YouView. The developer did something regarding the use of the app store and then the updates started working. Now, when I hit update for YouView it no longer openes the app store, it just updates straight from the preware page and it works perfectly. However, other apps do open the app store and the updates from there work just fine.
    I only use Preware for non Palm catalog apps (disabled the Palm catalog feed). Once they hit the Palm catalog then I use the Palm catalog for updates.

Maybe its the Preware translation (Palm feed) thats breaking the install.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I also used preware originally and am now having problems. However, I've since deleted the geocaching app and have tried to install it directly from the app catalog but I still get the same problem. If preware is the underlying cause then I would think deleting and starting fresh would work fine....

Is there anyone having installation problems who is NOT using preware?
    I used Preware as well for the first attempt. Hmmm..
    Update: Got it Installed.

All I did was download the IPK from the Precentral repository - the "download" link on the Info page for this app here. I installed it using WOSQI. Worked perfect. This, after multiple failures trying to install out of Preware, and directly out of app catalog. It's worth a try if you're having issues.

And, of course: THANKS for the app!! Lots of improvements to what was already a great app several versions ago, when I last used it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stearmandriver View Post

All I did was download the IPK from the Precentral repository - the "download" link on the Info page for this app here. I installed it using WOSQI. Worked perfect. This, after multiple failures trying to install out of Preware, and directly out of app catalog. It's worth a try if you're having issues.

And, of course: THANKS for the app!! Lots of improvements to what was already a great app several versions ago, when I last used it!
    This then proves its not an app issue or it would have failed on this method as well.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Also had the problem with not installing via Preware. Followed the instructions quoted below and it installed OK. Thanks!

Had the exact same problem. Tried installing via Preware, took me to App Catalog, got hung up at 'Installing...". Never completed. Saw the icon and when I clicked on it I was taken to 'My Applications' in the App Catalog. Tried uninstalling & reinstalling directly from App Catalog with no success. I was finally able to install using WOSQI with the ipk directly.
  11.    #291  
    App Catalog issued are my nightmare now I wrote to Palm's Support, found relevant forum thread in their forum, but no success now

I'm apologize for all inconvenience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    I just found some bugs in [precaching/precaching] / resources / de_de / strings.json
    Hi,
    i'm the one providing the german translation. It was a quick task and i wanted to change some things, when new strings are available. Unfortunatly this never happens.

"Nearest": "Nahester\ad", -> Nähster
    I agree that "Nahester" is bad. My suggestion is "Dichteste"
    "Geocache code must begin with GC.": "Kode muss mit GC anfangen.", -> Code
    "Geocache code must be more than GC.": "Kode muss länger sein als nur GC.", -> Code
    "Code" is in the Duden. So it's ok for me.
    Also I would suggest that you dont Translate stuff like "Traditional Cache" because it's not in German on GC.com. So if you translate it to "Normaler Cache" it would be confusing because you can not find this on GC.com.
    I took these translations from opencaching.de, but i agree that this is confusing for most users especially because you need a geocachingaccount to use this tool.

I suggest we discuss further translations on the SourceForge-Tracker (here) to keep this thread clean.

@Georgio Thx for this great app, keep up the good work. If the translation prevents deploying this app within the official german app catalog, then we really should do something.

WaTho
    I love this app. Just found my first cache yesterday. I'm having the install issue, but it doesn't affect the app, as far as I can tell. I'll have to connect up to WOSQI tonight...
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    The iPhone spoof patch might lead to a slightly different response from geocaching.com (for caches) / google.com (for anything with location).
    Hi,
    next release (probably 0.3.0) will be compatible with iPhone spoof patch. Thanks all for help.
    To Do Classsic is having the same install issue: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...classic-3.html
    When i try to type in my own Coordinates, it allways says: "Unknown format of coordinates in Latitude" what is the "known format"??
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    for example N51 12.257
    that does somehow not work for me, do i need a fix GPS for entering lat and longitude?
  19.    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel0ne View Post
    that does somehow not work for me, do i need a fix GPS for entering lat and longitude?
    What are you trying to write ?
    How would you write this for example?

N 49° 18.371
    E 010° 35.281