Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #261  
    Try it now.

I hope they fixed it, new version of GFW is also released.
    It's minor update, contain only some tips and tutorials for newbies.
  2.    #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    @Georgo: Any ETA if/when the app will have a 'Locate me' feature for placing caches?
    Hi,

ETA .. so. It's difficult to say specific information.

GFW actual is 0.2.6. I'm going to release more 0.2.x version, which contain only bugfixes, translations and newbie tutorials.

Next big update will be 0.3.0. I have long TODO list and I'm decided to check all points of it. This feature for compass IS on the list, so, you must wait for a whlie.

If you want to watch development, clone git repository and switch to branch nextstep

We are of peace. Always
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    Damn. That doesn't sound good. I will try contact Palm Support today
    Thanks, Looks like they pushed the app again, it was at the top of the list and I was able to successfully install it today. Great App!
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I just found some bugs in [precaching/precaching] / resources / de_de / strings.json

"Nearest": "Nahester\ad", -> Nähster
    "Geocache code must begin with GC.": "Kode muss mit GC anfangen.", -> Code
    "Geocache code must be more than GC.": "Kode muss länger sein als nur GC.", -> Code

Also I would suggest that you dont Translate stuff like "Traditional Cache" because it's not in German on GC.com. So if you translate it to "Normaler Cache" it would be confusing because you can not find this on GC.com.
  5.    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    I just found some bugs in [precaching/precaching] / resources / de_de / strings.json
    Hi Taurec, actual German translation is out-dated. I will send new translation strings after finish localization of preCaching. Thanks for interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    Hi,

ETA .. so. It's difficult to say specific information.

GFW actual is 0.2.6. I'm going to release more 0.2.x version, which contain only bugfixes, translations and newbie tutorials.

Next big update will be 0.3.0. I have long TODO list and I'm decided to check all points of it. This feature for compass IS on the list, so, you must wait for a whlie.

If you want to watch development, clone git repository and switch to branch nextstep

We are of peace. Always
    I follow the Sourceforge page to see the upcoming updates. Bug fixes always take precendence so thank you for constantly improving your app.
    Just seeing the 0.2.6 update today and it fails to update/install correctly. The installing bar goes all the way and a notification icon states that the app updated successfully, but the installing bar never switches to "Tap to Launch" it just hangs on "Installing..." I have see this with other apps as well, so this is probably an app store issue. Do we need to wait for a new version to hit to install or can we uninstall and reinstall?
    Worked for me about an hour ago, so its probably an App store issue. You could always try to 'Restart' your phone in case its something on your device. Hold down power button until the menu comes up --> Restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    Worked for me about an hour ago, so its probably an App store issue. You could always try to 'Restart' your phone in case its something on your device. Hold down power button until the menu comes up --> Restart.
    Didn't work, still seeing the same issue after reset.
    Just uninstalled and attempted to reinstall but still haning on "Installing..." Now I have no geochaching app at all! As I stated earlier, this is not the only app I have had this problem with. There is something messed up with the app store. I hope they get that straightened out. Palm doesn't need any bad customer experience issues to scare customers off...
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I'm unable to install either. I've tried many times with no success. I've never had this problem happen on any other app in the app store.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    try running the emergency migration helper if you are having problems installing
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    try running the emergency migration helper if you are having problems installing
    But I don't have any apps installed in /var. Why would running this help?
    Partial reset maybe?
    Good job... installs flawlessly now.

Z
    Avatars.... <hrumpphh> I guess, since all the cool kids are doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    Just seeing the 0.2.6 update today and it fails to update/install correctly. The installing bar goes all the way and a notification icon states that the app updated successfully, but the installing bar never switches to "Tap to Launch" it just hangs on "Installing..." I have see this with other apps as well, so this is probably an app store issue. Do we need to wait for a new version to hit to install or can we uninstall and reinstall?
    Exact same experience here. It's the only app I've seen this with. The icon does appear on the launcher but it's greyed out and has the little blue circle on it. Interestingly, orange+tap details page shows its size as 0k.

I had Precaching installed before, but removed before installing from app catalog. I've tried deleting, resetting, reinstalling... Nothing works.

Love this app, hope to get it working... Maybe after the next update???
    Just updated 3 other apps via the app store with no problems but this app continues to hang during the install process. I saw this issue with YouView visual voice mail app. The developer had to fix something and release an updated version to fix the issue. It's a shame that I uninstalled the 0.2.5 version in hopes of getting 0.2.6 installed becasue now I have no geocaching app installed. Please fix this soon. I was hoping to do some geocaching this weekend with my kiddos and it would be a shame to use my hand-held GPS over my Palm Pre.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I have the same issue with two other Apps.. it's defenitly nothing from preCaching.. btw the Developer has no influence on that whole App-Install thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    I have the same issue with two other Apps.. it's defenitly nothing from preCaching.. btw the Developer has no influence on that whole App-Install thing.
    The why do some apps complete the install/update process while other don't? With my beta experience with YouView the developer changed something in order to resolve this issue, so that tells me there must be a connection in some way. I'm not a developer, so I can't confirm or deny this claim, it's just a logic conclusion that I came to through my experience with this issue in the past.
    well if it was an app issue, wouldnt it fail for everyone? It installed perfectly for me.