Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Ok. Give me a minute to compile screen shots...
    Ok. Here is screen shots... if you need other shots, i will get them for you. Thank You for helping...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I noticed that another member... Morph19 on 1/26/2010 at 10:23pm is having what appears to be the same problems as I am...
  4.    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hunt View Post
    Ok. Here is screen shots... if you need other shots, i will get them for you. Thank You for helping...
    Hi, thanks for screenshot. Can you also provide me screenshot from your computer, from geocaching.com website, from this cache? I want to see, what coordinates are on the page.

Can you also provide me, which patches do you have? And what is your localisation and regional settings? Thanks.
    Good morning from Prescott, Arizona.
    The screen shot from the website is attached.
    The patches i have installed are also attached as screen shots...
    The Location and Regional Settings are attached...

I can't thank you enough for helping... I love this program way more than that GoTo program...
    Keep in mind that it is all waypoints that the "Heading to" Lat and Lon are not working--Not just this waypoint...
    Ok. While you were away, i decided to reset the phone to factory settings. Palm reloaded all backup programs including yours. I restarted your program and now it works fine. Go figure. So, it has to be one of the other patch programs that I downloaded from Homebrew that is interfering with or changing your program somehow. So what I am going to do is reload 1 patch at a time and then check your program to see which patch is corrupting your program. I'm a business owner and I took your program to a city network group who all love to go geocaching to show them your cool program. It was a hit. Easy to operate. I will let you know if and when i find which Homebrew patch is interfering with yours. Thanks for helping anyway.
  8.    #228  
    The screen shot from the website is attached.
    The patches i have installed are also attached as screen shots...
    The Location and Regional Settings are attached...
    Hi,
    thank's for screenshot. Unfortunately i don't found any dangerous I looked to my code, where is the place, where parsing lat/lon can fail, but din't found

I'm on dead end

Maybe last question: Did you ever use Iphone User Agent patch ?
    Yes I did. Is that what is causing this issue? I have not finished reinstalling all patches yet... but so far, the ones I have reinstalled are not effecting anything. Everything is working great at the moment. If Iphone User Agent patch is the patch causing all this problems, i will not even try to reinstall that patch again. I like your program way too much to chance it... let me know if that was why you asked me that question... Have a great day.
  10.    #230  
    Yes I did. Is that what is causing this issue?
    It's possible, I think, somebody wrote that here on forum in past. I'll try patch and figure out, how to "hack" my app
    Quote Originally Posted by corq View Post
    I still get this pretty consistently with my Pre; is there any known workaround, or will I have to wait for an OS patch to fix this? I'm about to attempt the ##GPS# diagnostic.

I commute daily and the Google Map app shows me accurate within a few hundred yards, at worst. GeoCaching for WebOS almost behaves as if the coordinates need conversion, or I'm seen as being in the wrong hemisphere...5000+ miles away from a cache that's a block from me

Any Ideas? Thanks!
    The fact that Google maps shows you accurate at a few hundred yeards is concerning. If your GPS was working corrrectly in your device and you have good satellite views, you shouldnt be more than 32-64 feet off, not 900 feet off (300 yards X3). The problem is then amplified when using the device and network to pinpoint your position (5k+ miles).

However this just re-enforces the fact that Google will be more accurate than anything from the device. You are sending the coordinates to Google and they are displaying the position instead of getting them from your network and then displaying. Network uses triangulation to get your position, while acccurate, it can have the same problems as satellite (clear views, towers down, etc).

I may suggest a Full reset of the device in case there is somthing wonky going on inside with the software or even some random old patch that is corrupting your device. Then after your reset, if you still have issues, go to a local store and test their Pre GPS vs yours in a side by side test. If yours is still way off, then your GPS chip is most likely bad.

@Georgo

I saw somsone make a refernce in the Plam catalog that "Show Targets in Mapping Tool" not working. This is most likely due to the fact that the app is available in the app catalog. Is there a way to do an internal check in Precaching to see if Mapping Tool in installed? If its not found then maybe grey out the option.

This seems like it will be a common question/issue until that app goes live as well. Also I dont want to see anyone knock the rating down saying "it doesnt work"

Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by ocard; 01/28/2010 at 02:02 PM.
  12.    #232  
    Greetings. Minor update 0.2.5 is now in homebrew repository.
    (And now [2009/01/30] is available in App Catalog too)
    Last edited by Georgo10; 01/30/2010 at 03:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    The fact that Google maps shows you accurate at a few hundred yeards is concerning. If your GPS was working corrrectly in your device and you have good satellite views, you shouldnt be more than 32-64 feet off, not 900 feet off (300 yards X3). The problem is then amplified when using the device and network to pinpoint your position (5k+ miles).

However this just re-enforces the fact that Google will be more accurate than anything from the device. You are sending the coordinates to Google and they are displaying the position instead of getting them from your network and then displaying. Network uses triangulation to get your position, while acccurate, it can have the same problems as satellite (clear views, towers down, etc).

I may suggest a Full reset of the device in case there is somthing wonky going on inside with the software or even some random old patch that is corrupting your device. Then after your reset, if you still have issues, go to a local store and test their Pre GPS vs yours in a side by side test. If yours is still way off, then your GPS chip is most likely bad.

@Georgo

I saw somsone make a refernce in the Plam catalog that "Show Targets in Mapping Tool" not working. This is most likely due to the fact that the app is available in the app catalog. Is there a way to do an internal check in Precaching to see if Mapping Tool in installed? If its not found then maybe grey out the option.

This seems like it will be a common question/issue until that app goes live as well. Also I dont want to see anyone knock the rating down saying "it doesnt work"

Just a suggestion.
    When I say a few hundred yards "at worst" is before I've let the gps settle; and my example was worst-case.

The GPS does find me accurately in Google maps, etc even in the moving car. Sprint Navigation, g-maps, the gps-enabled exercise apps that track me walking etc, all work normally. Only geocaching is affected, and *only* in the compass view, the "list" of nearby caches shows the correct distance.

However I am looking into the Patch issue that was just mentioned.
    I noticed that another member... Morph19 on 1/26/2010 at 10:23pm is having what appears to be the same problems as I am...

I reset my phone back to factory settings too and I just downloaded the latest Precaching, but still couldn't get the right heading.

However, I uninstalled the iPhone spoof and all of a sudden, I'm getting the right heading for all but 1 cache so far (first one should be within 2300 ft and still shows 5000+ miles). So, it looks like the iPhone mod is clashing somehow with the app??
    I have reinstalled all the patches except for the iPhone app. Absolutely no problems with Georgo's program working on my phone now. It looks like the iPhone patch is the problem. This is by far the best geocaching program I have found. Easy to use. Fun to hunt for caches without worrying about and playing with the program itself. You have a winner Georgo!!! The problem is now, all I want to do is hunt for caches with my son instead of working. Good luck and best wishes.
    The iPhone spoof patch might lead to a slightly different response from geocaching.com (for caches) / google.com (for anything with location). BTW, I found google location API not working yesterday.

I still plan to submit MapTool to the Catalog today.
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    Hi,
    thanks for notice. I found it in reviews too. I'm going to let option there, but:
    I'm not able to detect, if Mapping Tool is installed, so, I'll add some description in notice on first use of this feature.
  18.    #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    I still plan to submit MapTool to the Catalog today.
    That would be great! Crossing fingers.
    It's submitted as free app worldwide, I hope it comes through and the ads will cover the 50$ over time
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    You've written:

[QUOTE=Georgo10;2096461]Hi all. I have a lot of work in last days in my job, I neglected preCaching. I preprare little minor version. 0.1.5

Time to time I had problem with downloading cache list and/or cache detail - GSM sometimes lost my http request and spinner turning around for a very long time. So I made timeouts.

I'm a german User of a Palm Pre and interested in your Precaching / Geocaching für WebOS programm. With every program version I've used untill today (actual version is 0.2.5.) I've encounterted the same problem:
    When trying to download a cache list for the nearest caches, the download by WLAN works quick and fine, but trying to use my GSM network connection (t-mobile / T-D1), the spinner is turning around and nothing more happens, even after 10 minutes or so have past.
    Other data connections using GSM are working fine (eMail, Browser, aso).

Caan you give me hint what is possibly wrong, or what I can do to channge the situation?

Regards

Andreas