• CacheBuddy

• CacheFinder

• GeoBuddy

• FindTheCache

• WebOSCacheing

• GoGeoCaching

Just what I came up within 5 Minutes of Brainstorming
  2.    #182  
    Hi, new release of preCaching is here. Have fun!

Changelog
    • Autorefreshing distance in cache list (fix)
    • Show caches from list in Mapping Tool
    • Cache logs (and their count in settings)
    • Need Maintenance detection
    • Premium member cache detection (fix)
    • Waypoints rewriting fix
    • Spoiler images

Submitting to Homebrew Catalog, will be available soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cool!
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Awesome. I tested it and everything new works great (I love the Spoiler and Log-View feature)!!!

Just one question.
    I tried to solve a Unknown/Mystery Cache today. After solving the Quest I could not find out how to enter the Coordinates within preCaching. The Compass does not Accept GeoCaching Coordinates like: N 51° 33.056 E 006° 57.665
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    The Compass does not Accept GeoCaching Coordinates like: N 51° 33.056 E 006° 57.665
    Hi, try type it without special characters:

N 51 33.056
    E 006 57.665

It worked for me
  6.    #186  
    Hi all, who's interested!

Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Sometimes it takes quite a long time to get your app enabled, even on update. At least the use of Palm in app names isn't allowed, don't know about Pre. At the moment you can only wait until it comes back. Paid apps seem to be faster...

com.georgo.org. is ok, i guess, but it should be (for uniquness) the reversed dev url. I should prepare to submit MapTool too.
    As you wrote, id with "georgo.org" is right, yesterday came my first web app with this in its ID.

With "pre" in prefix is problem. The're wrote me last night, so i must really change application name. Pity. They suggest me "Geocaching for Pre" or "Geocaching for webOS" ... Make sense to me. It's good name and self explanatory.

What do you (all) think ?

Now I send question about ID - I want to keep "com.georgo.org.precaching", but I don't know, if it's rule prohibited.
    My first ideas are

* webosCaching
    * geocaching4webos

Greetings and thanks a lot for preCaching
    Marco
    Hi Georgo,

what about "Pre-O-Caching" ;-)

Ok ... I'm not the best product name designer, I know :-)

I really think your application is a great job! Thanks for it and since I installed it I left my GARMIN at home.

If you are looking for two features you want to adapt for upcoming versions, what do you think about this:

- WhereIGo-Cardriges: would be great if you add a feature to load those cardriges to play those caches. Yepp, I know it's quite complicated ... but that would be veeery cool to solve WhereIGo caches with my Pre.

- Cache notes: even with multi caches I always have to take some notes. If I could leave them directly inside your software instead of using an additional peace of app. That would make it much easier to solve all those multi cache puzzles.

What do you think?

regards
    Frank :-)
    Last edited by wovvbagger; 01/20/2010 at 09:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    Hi, try type it without special characters:

N 51 33.056
    E 006 57.665

It worked for me
    Awesome. Worked for me too.
    Thanks for the great update. This just keeps getting better and better. Even Groudspeak would have a tough time improving on this app.

Names:

WebOS Cache Navigator
    Geocache Discovery Tool
    Geocache Location Tool
    Geocacher
    Geocache
    Ultimate Caching Tool
    Ultimate Cacher
    GeoTools

=)
    Last edited by ocard; 01/20/2010 at 03:52 PM.
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by wovvbagger View Post
    - WhereIGo-Cardriges: would be great if you add a feature to load those cardriges to play those caches. Yepp, I know it's quite complicated ... but that would be veeery cool to solve WhereIGo caches with my Pre.

- Cache notes: even with multi caches I always have to take some notes. If I could leave them directly inside your software instead of using an additional peace of app. That would make it much easier to solve all those multi cache puzzles.
    Hi Frank,
    thank for name suggestion.

Where I Go cartridges should be large problem. It's some binary format. I found some open source application for it, but I don't have enough experience to development in webOS to do it. I'm not planning Where I Go now. Sorry.

But: Cache notes are in plan soon - very soon. Stay tuned
  12.    #192  
    Thanks to all for new application name suggestions.

I decided to choose simple "Geocaching for webOS".

It contain "Geocaching" (it will be better, when some ordinary user search in Catalog) and "for webOS", which is not against Palm's rules.

App will still have codename (shortname, and I will also call it that) preCaching.

Geocaching for webOS is now in App Catalog queue, I hope it will be approved soon. Cross the fingers
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I just made my first cache with a Spoilerpicture and preCaching. Worked great!
  14.    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    I just made my first cache with a Spoilerpicture and preCaching. Worked great!
    Thanks for testing. Nice to hear it's ok.
    One note: there is a difference between transfering a list of caches or just a single cache from preCache to MapTool. As single I get the ID as name, as list it is the real name. Wouldn't be bad to get both name and ID.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    How do I transfer a whole List from preCaching to the MapTool?
    When you see the list in preCaching, go to menü, there it is. MapTool will not center/zoom to your list of caches yet, but they are there as until MapTool closes.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    damn I missed that one. Great
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    In the past few days, preCaching doesn't load up premium member only caches - says I need a premium accout, which I am using. Anything change with the app or Geocaching.com? I'm using the latest, 0.2.2.
    Last edited by dcigary; 01/23/2010 at 12:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    In the past few days, preCaching doesn't load up premium member only caches - says I need a premium accout, which I am using. Anything change with the app or Geocaching.com? I'm using the latest, 0.2.2.
    same for me. I even input my account information again in Precahcing "Account"

Bug Report: Preferences are not saving the 'Download Log Count' value. It keeps resetting to 20.