1.    #1  
    The first FML client for WebOS available in English and French!

Just shake your device or tap the logo to read a random story from FMyLife.

This version is free. I have a pro version in the works as well.

Link

I do not speak French, can someone verify the French in the program is accurate?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 1.png (142.7 KB, 25 views)
    • File Type: png 2.png (36.4 KB, 20 views)
    • File Type: png 3.png (42.2 KB, 27 views)
    • File Type: png 4.png (47.6 KB, 22 views)
    Fantastic! This is much easier than going to the actual webpage.

Two questions:

1. Any plans for a chronological version, instead of completely randomized? I would prefer to read them in the order the webpage displays them, or have the option to view a random one if I want to.

2. Any plans for a Texts From Last Night version (also chronological with the option for random)?
  3.    #3  
    I am working on a full featured FML client at the moment. It will support random, latest, etc. but FMLshake will only be random.

I would like to make a Texts From Last Night, as well as My Life Is Average. Just depends on how accessible their data is.

Thanks!
    I actually came to this thread after using the app to suggest that you make a my life is average spinoff, serving the same purpose, only pulling feeds from my life is average.

I personally think my life is average is way funnier, and really hope you follow through with that. Great work with this though, keep it up.
    Wow this app is so cool and I love fml. I absolutely love the 'realtime' stats that update every shake at the bottom. I love it so much that I think you should make a separate app with the stats as the basis. I swear I would play it because apps like those are ones that are simple and stupid yet addicting. Since you already have the framework for the stats all you would have to add is a username and leaderboard of who has the most shakes, how many they have, and what percentage it is compared to the world shakes. It would be so amazing Also, make sure to put a hombrew version of it b4 submitting it to the app catalog if you are going to put a price on it

Thanks for making apps like this!

P.S. It could also be an onscreen button tapping which might be better since there wobt be any delay or lag between presses. Unlike with shakes, if you shake it fast for 5 or 6 times it might only register it as one.
    Last edited by jgordonfan; 11/30/2009 at 01:17 AM.
    Say thanks when you're helped
    Quote Originally Posted by socca1157 View Post
    I am working on a full featured FML client at the moment. It will support random, latest, etc. but FMLshake will only be random.

I would like to make a Texts From Last Night, as well as My Life Is Average. Just depends on how accessible their data is.

Thanks!
    Fantastic.

I already use Beerology, so I will certainly keep an eye out for the full-featured FML client. I also eagerly await your MLIA and TFLN apps!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I get a " Forbidden You don't have permission to access /pre/fml/random.php on this server".
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I tried downloading earlier today and got a package error in preware. Said something about 404, like a bad web page. I was able to download later in the day, but it isn't working. I just get a 403 forbidden error, cannot access error.

I deleted and redownloaded and still get error. Any idea what could be wrong? I'll try again later tomorrow to see if it works then and update with results. But I wanted to post the issue too, just in case anyone else has a problem.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rowehc View Post
    I get a " Forbidden You don't have permission to access /pre/fml/random.php on this server".
    Quote Originally Posted by stillryan View Post
    I tried downloading earlier today and got a package error in preware. Said something about 404, like a bad web page. I was able to download later in the day, but it isn't working. I just get a 403 forbidden error, cannot access error.

I deleted and redownloaded and still get error. Any idea what could be wrong? I'll try again later tomorrow to see if it works then and update with results. But I wanted to post the issue too, just in case anyone else has a problem.
    There was a small server error that popped up this morning. Unfortunately, it affected all of my apps but it is fixed now.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    sweet, I love FML so this app is awesome
  11.    #11  
    TFLN is working now, and I should have it ready and uploaded tonight.

MLIA does not really have any "random" page. It would just pull the first one repeatedly.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by socca1157 View Post
    TFLN is working now, and I should have it ready and uploaded tonight.
    EAGERLY awaiting TFLN. I will purchase both TFLN and FML as soon as they they are available in the App Catalog.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    EAGERLY awaiting TFLN. I will purchase both TFLN and FML as soon as they they are available in the App Catalog.
    TFLN Now available:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...tflnshake.html
    and
    MLIA Now available:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...mliashake.html
    If I got to 5% of total shakes in the fml app would you create the app I talked about earlier in this thread (above)? Thanks

btw I love the 2 new apps. Way to go
    Last edited by jgordonfan; 11/30/2009 at 11:11 PM.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgordonfan View Post
    If I got to 5% of total shakes in the fml app would you create the app I talked about earlier in this thread (above)? Thanks
    Haha, I have actually been pondering over it all day. I have a few ideas.
    Thanks for the consideration and I know the ideas will be sweet.

haha well I'm up to 500 and 3.2% And I've read the fmls too!

Speaking of which, getting to 500 should be an fml in itself...
    Last edited by jgordonfan; 12/01/2009 at 01:08 AM.
  17.    #17  
    FMLshake landed in the app catalog today. It costs $.99 and does not have any advertisements. I will keep the ad supported version available on PreCentral.

FMLpro is coming along quickly, and the beta should be available in the next few days.
    FMLpro link
    great app, wife loves it when i send her the stories. helps pass the time between jobs.