Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    CountDownClock is a small but powerful count down timer. It supports
    multiple timers (count downs), can store timers for reusing and gives a
    short alert when the timer is reached.

    I wrote this because my last mobile had a count down timer which I used
    when I parked my car in the parking garage. It has one hour free. As I
    found nothing similar on webOS I wrote it.

    Tested on webOS 1.3 and 1.1.3 (device only).
  2. #2  
    Is the app in homebrew?
  3.    #3  
    Yes in a few days.
  4. #4  
    Hey I downloaded the app. I like how it goes to landscape mode. Will there be a sound feature to let you know when time is up? Is there anyway to make the numbers bigger when it is in landscape? Keep up the good work.
  5. #5  
    absolutly amazing
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hey I downloaded the app. I like how it goes to landscape mode. Will there be a sound feature to let you know when time is up? Is there anyway to make the numbers bigger when it is in landscape? Keep up the good work.
    Ehh, it does make sound - for me. I added such a feature, isn't is working for you?
  7. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #7  
    Great job!
    My alarm sound works fine and I like how the last 5 seconds are chimed in and then an alarm sounds at zero.
    Does the system alert sound have to be incorporated with the alarm at the same time because it gives a dashboard scribed alert as well? That makes me think I'm receiving a text while the alarm is going off.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Great job!
    My alarm sound works fine and I like how the last 5 seconds are chimed in and then an alarm sounds at zero.
    Does the system alert sound have to be incorporated with the alarm at the same time because it gives a dashboard scribed alert as well? That makes me think I'm receiving a text while the alarm is going off.
    Hm, good point. I'll keep that in mind for the next release. That dash alarm sound is from the early releases which hadn't the explicit zero-time sound.
  9.    #9  
    Update to V1.2: Now the dash alarm sound can be disabled (default) in the app's preferences.
  10. stomsf's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #10  
    Thanks! Great job.

    One question -- the coundown alarm doesn't seem to ring through if the phone is fully asleep -- i.e. if I have it set to a minute and my phone sleeps at 2 minutes it works fine, but anything more than two minutes, the timer will not ring until the phone is active again, whether it's a text message or an email coming through. Is there a way to configure the alert to ring through and wake the phone?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by stomsf View Post
    Thanks! Great job.

    One question -- the coundown alarm doesn't seem to ring through if the phone is fully asleep -- i.e. if I have it set to a minute and my phone sleeps at 2 minutes it works fine, but anything more than two minutes, the timer will not ring until the phone is active again, whether it's a text message or an email coming through. Is there a way to configure the alert to ring through and wake the phone?
    That has also been changed in 1.2
  12. Spyral's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #12  
    Wow. Very nice. I too like the countdown warning when it reaches the final few seconds.

    A few suggested features:
    • Allow the timer alarm to play until silenced/card closed.
    • The title 'CountDownClock' is too long to display properly in the launcher
    • The ability to pause a timer.
    • The graphics appear hand drawn. While a nice touch, the app could benefit from a more professional icon. I'd love to make you a few if you are interested.
    • To snazzy the appearance, maybe replace the countdown numbers with the same flip-clock style similar to that of the Clock app on the Pre.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
    [*]The graphics appear hand drawn. While a nice touch, the app could benefit from a more professional icon. I'd love to make you a few if you are interested.
    They are from a professional icon drawer of the icon network. So I think he won't love to hear this.

    I'm not a friend of blinking colorful gradient loving stylish looking interface. It should be usefull and self explaining - and fast and as less battery consuming as possible. Any complex graphics requires more CPU cycles which needs more power.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
    Wow. Very nice. I too like the countdown warning when it reaches the final few seconds.

    A few suggested features:
    • Allow the timer alarm to play until silenced/card closed.
    • The title 'CountDownClock' is too long to display properly in the launcher
    • The ability to pause a timer.
    • The graphics appear hand drawn. While a nice touch, the app could benefit from a more professional icon. I'd love to make you a few if you are interested.
    • To snazzy the appearance, maybe replace the countdown numbers with the same flip-clock style similar to that of the Clock app on the Pre.
    I agree these would be some nice tweaks.
  15. #15  
    I'd like the ability to countdown to a specific Date/Time in the future...
  16. Spyral's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by juergen View Post
    They are from a professional icon drawer of the icon network. So I think he won't love to hear this.

    I'm not a friend of blinking colorful gradient loving stylish looking interface. It should be usefull and self explaining - and fast and as less battery consuming as possible. Any complex graphics requires more CPU cycles which needs more power.
    I'm pretty sure 'icon drawer' is not a professional title in any capacity.

    In other news, version 1.2 does not fix the 'timer alarm not working if phone is asleep' error. At least, not for me.
  17. #17  
    I just installed this app on my Pixi, and would like to make a request, I use the timer at work where I have to keep my sounds off, would it be possible to have the phone vibrate when the timer ends?
    Thanks for a great app
  18. #18  
    When I disable system sounds, the app doesn't make a sound, is this correct? I don't like system sounds but I'd still like to have a sound played.

    ooo also is it possible to have the ability to disable the pre-beeps before the real alarm sounds? This is because I want to use this with boardgames, and the extra beeos disturb the players.

    Thanks for a great app, phufbq
  19. daxinator's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #19  
    Is it possible to either add the option that the timer automatically restarts or to start all stored timers at the same time.
    Bye the way nice app!
  20. #20  
    Great app. New request. Is it possible to get the beep for the timer to sound over my bluetooth headset. I'm using the timer while I'm working out, especially for intervals. I listen to my music while I workout and unless I'm looking at the timer, I don't know it's time to switch to the next interval.

    I also use it to time my rest breaks when I'm lifting weights or doing the cardio portion of my weight routine (jumping jacks, ski jumps, etc). It would be helpful to not have to pull out the Pre or glance at it.

    BTW, I love the ability to store and use different timer. It allows the rest portion of my interval to be shorter or longer than my full out spurt portion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions