1.    #1  
    About:
    This is an app for browsing delicious.com bookmarks on your phone. At the moment you can see your networks bookmarks, browse your tags and bookmarks and save new.

Changelog:

Version 0.0.2 (2009-11-24)
    • improved speed and error handling
    • added multitag view
    • fixed error 500 bug

Version 0.0.1 (2009-11-17)
    • first release

License:
    GPLv3

Notes:
    At the moment this app won't work if you have a yahoo login for your account. I only works with old delicious accounts. I hope to fix this soon.

TODO:
    • add favorite tag view
    • improve tags view
    • improve save bookmark
    Last edited by cmusik; 11/26/2009 at 12:15 PM.
    Thanks for building this app! I use Delicious heavily and this will be ultra handy. I have one question though: I have over 5000 bookmarks, what is the current limit to the number of bookmarks that can be loaded? Does Prelicious operate like the Delicious add on for Firefox and build/sync bookmarks for the first run? Thanks again for the app,

-Hokey
  3.    #3  
    Yes, it downloads and stores them on the phone, but every time you go to the bookmarks or tags page it checks if there were changes in your account. If that's the case, then your bookmarks will be downloaded again.

I don't know if the api of delicious has any limits, but there might be some. To be honest, I haven't tested with that much bookmarks. In my account there are about 400, but I'm really interested how it handles 5000

Christof
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I'm anxious to start using this app, but all I can ever get is 'An error occured' message. I use my Yahoo ID to sign on to Delicious, and I've tried using "MyYahooID@yahoo.com" and "MyYahooID" as my username (and my password, of course), but no joy. I'm probably missing something obvious, but what?
  5.    #5  
    Hi crholt,

I just tried it with a new account and could reproduce this problem. It looks like the delicious api is not compatible with yahoo accounts. Have to check it and will provide a solution.

Kind regards
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Hi,

I downloaded the app, and am also having errors.
    I'm able to see my full list of bookmarks and my tags, but when I tap on a tag to see it's bookmarks, I get an error message saying "An error occurred!".
    Feel free to PM me to help you debug.

Thanks.
    Hrm, First run it hung up on loading the bookmarks. I could see the tags and the save part. Second run it said an error occurred when clicking on the bookmarks button. I still can see the the tags and the save part. When I clicked back to bookmarks, I could see the partial list of bookmarks while it was loading but then I received a critical memory notice so I shut it down. I hope this info helps. Thanks again for the app.
    Hi,

Just wanted to chime in, and say that I really appreciate this program, and thank you for writing it.

To contribute to the conversation above, I have 889 bookmarks and I get the following error message - "Transaction Failure (code 4): there was not enough remaining storage space, or the storage quota was reached and the user declined to allow more space". (But I've only tried it in the emulator so far).

Do you have any further features and ideas in mind for it? I can tell you what I'd like to see in future releases:

On the Save button, it'd be good to have the URL and Title fields pre-populated from the webOS Browser's history. So if you start typing "forums" in the title or URL box, it drops down forums.precentral.net and ubuntuforums.com, etc. I think this sort of thing is possible, given there is reportedly a new homebrew backup program that backs up Browser bookmarks.

It'd also be good to have a few favourite tags nominated (I have a palm:tb tag set up for webpages I'm likely to use on my Pre), and maybe a space efficient view for those bookmarks that didn't show any individual tags. I'll have a go at hacking such a view together.

THANK YOU once again.

Ken
    Last edited by spiregrain; 11/21/2009 at 08:44 AM. Reason: adding a title
  9.    #9  
    Thank you all for your comments. As you can see up there I updated the application and hope to fix the major problems.

Kind regards,
    Christof
    Thanks - just a note to confirm the new version seems to work a bit more smoothly. Thanks once again.
    Does anyone have an ipk for this? I used all the time and can't find where to re-download after doctoring my phone...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    I'm trying to install prelicious, but I'm receiving an install error in filecoaster.
    When I manually download the link on http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/prelicious, I get a zero byte file.
  13.    #13  
    Hi

Thanks for the hint. I don't know what happened, but it was somehow broken. I uploaded the file again and now it should work again.

Kind regards,
    Christof
    Quote Originally Posted by cmusik View Post
    I uploaded the file again and now it should work again.
    Dear Christof,

thanks, the download works now!
    Not working with yahoo sign in.
    will you provide an api for cross launching app? I'm working on the unofficial precentral app that already uses bookmarks apps like spare time and relego