Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Description
    Currencies is a simple yet powerful application for your new Palm Pre. It automatically downloads conversion rates from Google Finance and offers a familiar user interface resembling the built-in calendar.
    Currencies are easy to select – either manually from list, or by typing currency name or code. Downloaded rates are available when you are offline.

Known problems
    Currencies doesn't currently support running on Pixi.

Screenshots

Version log:

1.0.1, 24 November 2009:
    - Fixed Singapore icon.
    Last edited by mbarashkov; 11/24/2009 at 05:40 PM.
    I will try this out right away. I like the convenience of having the keypad on screen. THANKS!

How many currencies are there?
  3.    #3  
    65 currenncies. It uses the Google Finance service currently; I plan on adding another ones.
    I like it a lot. It's nice having an on screen keyboard, and it saves the last currencies I used (in order). Thanks much for making a great program.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I like this program. I don't have a need to use it a lot, but I think it's well designed and easy to use. I like having it on my phone just in case. You did a great job!
    mbarashkov, again I love the program, but would like to see one change to make it more useful to me. I would like an option in preferences to have the calculation reflect the credit card exchange rate. Many credit cards give a 3% discount. I use a credit card most of the time when traveling. There is another currency program out there that includes the credit card rate. I checked it's calculations against my credit card statement and they were right on. That program isn't nearly as user friendly as this one is.

Just a thought...
  7.    #7  
    Stashu11
    I'll add a second data source to version 1.1 - rates from Visa, with an ability to enter exact percentage your bank is charging you. Thank you for the suggestion.
    thanks for letting me know about this great program. insanely useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbarashkov View Post
    65 currenncies. It uses the Google Finance service currently; I plan on adding another ones.
    I do not see Latvian Lat (LVL) in the list in application in Europe & GB list. Neighbouring Estonian Krone EEK and Lithunaian Lit (LTL0 are there... A mistake in app, or Google Finance do not support that currency?
    Erix (a.k.a. Rednex)
    IBM WorkPad 20x-> IBM WorkPad 30x -> Palm V -> Trēo 180g -> Trēo 270 -> Trēo 600 -> Trēo 650 -> Palm Prē
  10.    #10  
    Surprisingly it doesn't. I think that Visa converter will do the task, expect it soon.
    Good to see this in the app catalog now!
    Everytime I try to download the app it doesn't install, it just says "Download again for free" not sure why, but I would love this app and find it very useful for when I go on holiday again.
    Hi,

I'm a user of your application.First of all thanks for it, I think it's the best currency conversion we currently have in the WebOS universe.

Now,
    I installed yesterday WebOS 1.4 in my GSM Pre, and the layout of the main scene has been broken. The upper part with the input fields looks correct, but then there's a big gap of empty space, and the virtual numeric keys start to render almost at the bottom of the screen. I don't know that the Palm guys changed but it is hurting your app.

Thanks again for the excellent app,
    and regards,

Rafa!

PS. I have a suggestion for a new feature that I'd love :-) ... the possibility to select a subset of all available currencies so I don't need to navigate the full list when looking for my "frequently used" currencies.
    I also think this is one of the best programs I've seen. It is so well thought out and easy to use. My problem now is just like Imageneer's. With 1.4, I'm having the exact same symptoms as he is having.

Thanks again for the great program.
    My compliments on an elegantly designed app. I was hoping to use Jordan's currency. Perhaps you could add custom currencies since there will always be some country that is missing from the list. I would be satisfied to manually update the exchange rate. I also would like the option of entering the credit card exchange fee.
    Visor->650->Pre
    Thanks for the update. I sure wish there was a place to donate to you for your fine program. I think it's one of the best.
    Hello guys...I have the same problem in 1.4...I cannot see all keyboard, only 789..
    Please help!!!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Downloaded the CURRENCIES App.

I'm having the same problem others have reported: it doesn't show the entire keypad.

All it shows are the two open windows at the top for different currencies - but apparently in newer Palm OS/operating systems - there's some kind of bug which interferes with the App showing the keypad.

Any plans to fix this bug?

Miguel

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    and occasionally Guadalajara
    FrankenPre PRE 2 on Sprint (in USA)
    Original PRE on Telcel (en Mexico)
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel612 View Post
    Hello guys...I have the same problem in 1.4...I cannot see all keyboard, only 789..
    Please help!!!
    No see on screen buttons, just 789

My thanks button no work!
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel612 View Post
    Please help!!!
    Found a workaround: The slide out keyboard numbers still work. Just hit the "E" button for "1" etc. Backspace clears.

My thanks button no work!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast