Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace22 View Post
    I downloaded this today, with the update of horsepower. First, I was on a back road and thought I'd try it out. Only one run (could be gps not tracking properly...thanks Verizon).

1) the 0-60 time was pretty well spot on (4.3 seconds is about right on the money). The speed seemed also spot on as I left it on.
    2) quarter mile time was off (compared to my track times) by 2-4 seconds.
    3) How the heck does it calculate horsepower? I have dynoed 480 to the wheels, and the phone read 135. I'll have to play around with it more, but I would like to know how this is calculated.
    4) I put in the weight of the car, but it doesn't seem to store it after hitting "store".

Any help/suggestions are appreciated...cool idea but wondering if it has to do with my poor gps. Thanks!
    sorry for the delayed response. In the help menu there are some basic explanations on how different values are calculated. There is also an email address that I can be reached at for help.

The horsepower is calculated based on your vehicle weight and 1/4 mile time. If you didn't have a good GPS signal and the run time was off then the HP would be off too. This wouldn't affect the 0-60 time since it uses the accelerometer.

Vehicle weight should store even if it doesn't appear to
  2.    #62  
    sorry... On my Pre replying... Hit the wrong button and couldn't get back to the bottom of the box.

as I was typing before... If it didn't store your weight then it wouldn't have given you any HP value.

also, you will get a lower HP value if you don't do the run as fast as you can... And in a straight line.
    I haven't read throught he entire thread, but it would be nice to have both an audible countdown to know when to start the run. It would be even better to have the timer not start until I start moving the car. That way I don't need to worry about reaction times and I can concentrate on driving.

Thanks for the efforts.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobula View Post
    I haven't read throught he entire thread, but it would be nice to have both an audible countdown to know when to start the run. It would be even better to have the timer not start until I start moving the car. That way I don't need to worry about reaction times and I can concentrate on driving.

Thanks for the efforts.
    I had thought about an audible countdown but I must admit that I forgot about it... It is a good idea and I am glad you reminded me.

I have tried to make a version that starts when you start but it just doesn't work. If the accelerometer is sensitive enough for a good reading for 0-60 then it will start timing due to vibrations in the car. If it is set to a less sensitive state then it has a delay in starting and gives a very unprecise reading. I just can't find a good middle ground.

I will work on the sound start after I get the email function and language translations set.
    what's the difference between the paid v1.5.4 and the free v1.5.4?
    tp
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    would someone direct me on how to install the accelservice patch I have been searching this site and preware for it, but I cannot find it. A link to the patch or directions would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234