Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Currently testing Drag Stats AS and I'm getting an error as soon as the app is loaded
    "Need freq in HZ" but it seems to be polling faster than usual, so seems to be working
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott1 View Post
    Currently testing Drag Stats AS and I'm getting an error as soon as the app is loaded
    "Need freq in HZ" but it seems to be polling faster than usual, so seems to be working
    yeah, I can't figure out why that is happening, but it woks so it isn't high on my priority list... Unless it starts to cause problems.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I used the AS version last night & it worked good until I hit Stop & then it locked up my Pre. I had to remove the battery to restart it. I also get the Hz error. I had just installed it and installed the Acc. service & rebooted my phone right before that. I've started the program since, but haven't actually run it yet to see if it locks up again.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by McRoth View Post
    I used the AS version last night & it worked good until I hit Stop & then it locked up my Pre. I had to remove the battery to restart it. I also get the Hz error. I had just installed it and installed the Acc. service & rebooted my phone right before that. I've started the program since, but haven't actually run it yet to see if it locks up again.
    hmm... Let me know if that happens again. Also, if it does then please try the non AS version and see if you get the same problem. Sorry about the lock up.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Androids Trackmaster looks more imppressive than my standalone MaxQ unit which operates via GPS and Accelerometer.
  6.    #46  
    I have submitted a final version to the app catalog. The version up on this site has been changed to a Lite version.

***To all of you that gave me feedback and help in this thread, send me a PM of your email address and I will send you the IPK that I submitted to the app catalog for your help or ipk for the final AS version that I had working. Just let me know which one you want. Thanks again for the help.***
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xfbo View Post
    I'm not a 100% positive on all the features since I've never had the pleasure of trying one yet but what I can tell you is GPS lap timing is beginning to explode on the trackday/racing scene.

To answer your question regarding stop/finish line, the user picks a spot on the track where they want it, once the learn mode is complete. Other features I know racers would want to have would include the ability to add several other 'legs/sections' within the track so they could divvy the track up into 3-4 legs/sections and see what kind of times and speeds they're pulling in each of these individual sections, if you look at the site below you'll see that the track outline shows up in green (on the gas) and red (brakes) to help the user know what/where he's doing it on the course.

Below is a link to a functional GPS lap timer app for the Android platform, I figured if they could make one for that o/s why not this one?

Trackaroo - Welcome

Dont hesitate to PM if you have any specific questions.

+1 on the lap timer...
    Hey Beherrschen,

You know of the 1.3.5 SDK right? Palm has answered your request! The new SDK brings better accelerometer support:

"Also improving those games, the "fast Accelerometer" API, which can "increase the frequency of accelerometer events from 4Hz to 30Hz." Previously, you could only get accelerometer data 4 times per second - not nearly good enough for proper control. Increasing that to 30 times per second will help a lot."

With this you can update your app to have much better response. If you will work on it, I can help you test it. I know you wanted to submit to the app catalog and were unsure with the accel-service that it would be approved because it's "undocumented". This is the "legit" way to have a better accelerometer.

I am connected to motor-sports and am very interested in this app being the best.
    It's a great app. I'm having a problem with the speed as it say wait... and never comes up or gives me the speed after I start. I'm using Drag Stats. I have Drag Stats AS but it says error: org.webosinternals.accelservice is not running. Is this something I can fix? thanks, I love the app idea.
    Hi, where I can get the AccelService Patch?

Thanx!!!
    Any help would be great on the last 2 posts. Thanks.
    That's something I've been trying to figure out for 2 days now...how do I get the AccelService Patch...my phone won't download the regular version, but the AS version requires the service patch...
    Just a question, why, WHY??!!

"This application is not available in your country"

(Mexico)

14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Just a question, why, WHY??!!

"This application is not available in your country"

(Mexico)

lol... Sorry but when I put it in the catalog I could only submit it for US because US was the only place for paid apps.

As to those of you asking about the AS version... I am no longer supporting the versions on this site. I have added the improved accelerometer timing to the official app catalog version as well as some other tweaks and options. I am testing a new update today that I should have up in the official catalog shortly.
  15.    #55  
    thanks for the heads up but I already implemented the better polling in the official app catalog version. Hope you like it.

also, just an FYI but I have begun work on a lap timer... We'll see how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Hey Beherrschen,

You know of the 1.3.5 SDK right? Palm has answered your request! The new SDK brings better accelerometer support:

"Also improving those games, the "fast Accelerometer" API, which can "increase the frequency of accelerometer events from 4Hz to 30Hz." Previously, you could only get accelerometer data 4 times per second - not nearly good enough for proper control. Increasing that to 30 times per second will help a lot."

With this you can update your app to have much better response. If you will work on it, I can help you test it. I know you wanted to submit to the app catalog and were unsure with the accel-service that it would be approved because it's "undocumented". This is the "legit" way to have a better accelerometer.

I am connected to motor-sports and am very interested in this app being the best.
    For some reason I have a previous version and I'm trying to download the updated one from the official catalog and I'm getting "download failed?" Anyone else having this issue? Any help would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    For some reason I have a previous version and I'm trying to download the updated one from the official catalog and I'm getting "download failed?" Anyone else having this issue? Any help would be great.
    yes, mine shows 1.1.4 and update available. it will not load, goes straight to app catalog but then download fails. did it get pulled for some reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrains View Post
    yes, mine shows 1.1.4 and update available. it will not load, goes straight to app catalog but then download fails. did it get pulled for some reason?
    the newer verison cost money.... thats why i had the same issue.... soo i uninstalled it and found it but had to pay .99 i think for it
    I downloaded this today, with the update of horsepower. First, I was on a back road and thought I'd try it out. Only one run (could be gps not tracking properly...thanks Verizon).

1) the 0-60 time was pretty well spot on (4.3 seconds is about right on the money). The speed seemed also spot on as I left it on.
    2) quarter mile time was off (compared to my track times) by 2-4 seconds.
    3) How the heck does it calculate horsepower? I have dynoed 480 to the wheels, and the phone read 135. I'll have to play around with it more, but I would like to know how this is calculated.
    4) I put in the weight of the car, but it doesn't seem to store it after hitting "store".

Any help/suggestions are appreciated...cool idea but wondering if it has to do with my poor gps. Thanks!
    Last edited by Ace22; 03/10/2010 at 06:45 AM.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrains View Post
    Sorry for the delayed response. I don't check here often since the official release. If you bought the app from the catalog and it won't update then you will need to contact Palm. I have nothing to do with how the app catalog handles updates.

If you didn't buy it and are trying to update the beta version then please cut me a break. A couple bucks for this app isn't much.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast