View Poll Results: What do you think of Bud Buddy?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would be interested in this program.

85 58.22%
  • Palm would never allow it.

19 13.01%
  • This is a stupid idea.

20 13.70%
  • I dont care.

22 15.07%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sounds like an awesome app that would have helped me a few days ago, when this goes public my pre will upstage any iphone at work
    When I open the application I currently see the following cities listed.

Anchorage, AK
    Louisville,KY
    Albuquerque,NM
    Yonkers,NY
    Yorktown Heights,NY
    Akron,OH
    Youngstown,OH
    Allentown,PA
    York,PA
    York New Salem,PA
    Aiken,SC
    Anderson,SC
    Amarillo,TX

When I select the GPS option I can see the info that I submitted but it is not an area listed above. I believe this to be the case due to the info I submitted not being moderated as of yet ? Not sure , been a long week and well it's 4:20 here.

I can see how this will be an excellent tool for those who want to use it.
    I would like the ability to add more than just a photo for the city added , maybe an option for some close up shots of nuggs.

I especially like the options on where to look and the law enforcement comment.

Akron, OH..... The if your white comment "avoid Kenmore and Elizabeth park at all cost's" is priceless.

I will continue to report.
    Those who have been granted access to this beta , please populate the database this is the shiznitz............

Kind of ramblin on a bit but that's what happens when the Colonel lets the harshness of the day just blow away.

socca1157...........Thank you !
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    When I open the application I currently see the following cities listed.

Anchorage, AK
    Louisville,KY
    Albuquerque,NM
    Yonkers,NY
    Yorktown Heights,NY
    Akron,OH
    Youngstown,OH
    Allentown,PA
    York,PA
    York New Salem,PA
    Aiken,SC
    Anderson,SC
    Amarillo,TX

When I select the GPS option I can see the info that I submitted but it is not an area listed above. I believe this to be the case due to the info I submitted not being moderated as of yet ? Not sure , been a long week and well it's 4:20 here.

I can see how this will be an excellent tool for those who want to use it.
    I would like the ability to add more than just a photo for the city added , maybe an option for some close up shots of nuggs.

I especially like the options on where to look and the law enforcement comment.

Akron, OH..... The if your white comment "avoid Kenmore and Elizabeth park at all cost's" is priceless.

I will continue to report.
    Those who have been granted access to this beta , please populate the database this is the shiznitz............

Kind of ramblin on a bit but that's what happens when the Colonel lets the harshness of the day just blow away.

socca1157...........Thank you !
    Add comment selection..very cool. What happens when two people add Info for the same city ? will it give all info submitted under one selection or will there be separate selections to choose from.
    Example I live in Niagara Falls,NY and enter Info and BobRoss also lives in the Falls , will there be Niagara Falls to choose from with his and my info or will there be separate selections for the falls ?
    I would like to get in too please.
    When you decide to take this out of private beta please let me know
    i want the app please!
    I want this App!
  8.    #28  
    @Colonel

You are right, I have to approve all submissions to cut down on spam. This being the case if their is a duplicate, at the moment I just judge which one seems more complete. Would you mind clicking the GPS button and uploading a screen shot to what you see when there is no matching city in the database?

Thanks a lot.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    This is such a great app idea. I can't wait to see how it develops.
    I would also like this app please.
    @blazed, let me hold that one time
    I would like to test this out. Columbus, OH.
    Quote Originally Posted by socca1157 View Post
    @Colonel

You are right, I have to approve all submissions to cut down on spam. This being the case if their is a duplicate, at the moment I just judge which one seems more complete. Would you mind clicking the GPS button and uploading a screen shot to what you see when there is no matching city in the database?

Thanks a lot.
    I tried updating the whole shabang including a new city pic url , which never updated.
    I'm also thinking that maybe a state drop down selection , followed by a sub drop down of submissions may be handy.

Thanks for your hard work , nice app
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14.    #34  
    Ah so when you were using GPS, it allowed you to see the cities that were not yet activated. I believe this is now fixed. Will you test the gps again and describe it?
    Welcome to Bud Buddy!

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/bud-buddy

Bud Buddy is the ultimate tool for every 420 traveler.

Browse through the databse of cities to discover 420 related information on the city you are currently in or traveling to.

Hear of an interesting strain? Find details about it and read reviews and comments.

You also have the ability to add your own city to help future visitors.

Currently only a private beta.

No personal information is collected.

This is for entertainment only. Cannabis is currently a crime in the U.S.

Changelog:

Version: 0.1.0
    Initial Release
    Browse bud capabilites
    Browse city capabilities
    Initial graphics
    Initial server-side work
    i would love to have this app! great idea! unfortunately i can't install homebrew apps anymore, or at least until i can get some help with it. i installed the new web os update 1.3.1 and forgot to unistall patches,themes,and apps. half way through the update i had realized that i had forgot to uninstall everything,and it was already too late.none of the tweaks were active.,the theme was messed up,and all homebrew apps were erased. so i so i open up quick install.when i first did this it opened like normal and started loading and nothing happened. hit the normal buttons,and still nothing. so i closed it and restarted the program and this time it wouldnt open and i recieved an error message saying: windows cannot access specified file path or device.you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. if you can help me all the thanks in the world! my pre just isn't the same without the patches im sure you can relate. if you cant help maybe you can pass along to someone who can i would apppriciate
    Ah so when you were using GPS, it allowed you to see the cities that were not yet activated. I believe this is now fixed. Will you test the gps again and describe it?
    Hey bud,

Just tried via gps and when I select " USE GPS" I get a pop up from the bottom showing my current location, I select ok and then the only city that appears is Anchorage , AK ?? I'm going to restart the Pre to verify gps is functioning correctly and retry. Anchorage is like 5K miles away.
  17.    #37  
    Ahhh ok now I understand it all. Let me ponder this for a bit. lol
    Ahhh ok now I understand it all. Let me ponder this for a bit. lol
    Just restarted the phone , check sprint nav came up with my addy. GPS working.
    Opened Bud Buddy , selected Find Bud
    Cities populated // Anchorage -Amarillo along with green "Use Gps" selection
    Selected " USE GPS "
    and again my current GPS location appears in the pop up ( bottom of screen )
    select ok and Anchorage,AK is the only city that appears... which is the farthest away from me.

Did you delete my original entry ? Jacksonville, FL
    Are you getting any feedback from any other users ?

Thanks
  19.    #39  
    I understand what it is doing, I am just trying to figure it out on the server end. Basically, when you click gps it updates the list to with a new server pull and shortens it to one item. If the city isn't active yet, it doesnt overwrite the list. So basically it is just shortening your viewable list.

You have been the most helpful with feedback. All the kinks should be worked out soon, and, the # of cities will be the only worry.
    I understand what it is doing, I am just trying to figure it out on the server end. Basically, when you click gps it updates the list to with a new server pull and shortens it to one item. If the city isn't active yet, it doesnt overwrite the list. So basically it is just shortening your viewable list.

You have been the most helpful with feedback. All the kinks should be worked out soon, and, the # of cities will be the only worry.
    Cool , let me know if I can be of any more assistance.
    Have you contacted NORMAL , this can be a very helpful tool to those who need weed because of sickness as well as those who like to chill safely at home in their snuggie sipping tea and snacking after puffin the cheeba cheeba ! LOL
    Thanks again
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast