Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Your own cheerful holiday fireplace!

v0.0.4 is just to change the app ID, as this one is being submitted to the official catalog

v0.0.3 keeps the screen from blanking

v0.0.2 not fit for public consumption

v0.0.1 finally available. Features animated roaring fireplace with crackling sounds!
    Last edited by sugardave; 12/10/2009 at 07:28 PM. Reason: updated version
    Is it gonna be animated?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Is it gonna be animated?
    Absolutely!
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sugardave View Post
    Absolutely!
    Sweet...
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
    Sweet...
    +1
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    just installed it....very cool, thanks

for future versions(?)....can you have it work landscape and maybe an option to ignore the system power settings?

better for me if the screen didn't dim or shut off completely after a certain amount of time...

*cheers*
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  7.    #7  
    Great ideas. I've already decided to tackle the orientation change...should be an interesting challenge with Pixi coming.

I hadn't thought about the power/screen dimming, so that's something I can look into, as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by antmon1 View Post

for future versions(?)....can you have it work landscape and maybe an option to ignore the system power settings?

better for me if the screen didn't dim or shut off completely after a certain amount of time...

*cheers*
    That's fun. I'd pay a dollar for it to get rid of the ads, make it fill the screen, and figure out how to keep the phone awake while running.

It's definitely fun though, surprisingly smooth for the Pre. One of the few things I've seen move and not constantly stutter.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antmon1 View Post

*cheers*
    I already have Nodoze installed, so I'll use that for now if I want to keep it running without killing the screen. If it could run in the background on the... the screen that shows when you're connected to the touchstone that shows the time, that would be super cool.

Also +1 for landscape, and thanks for this great app! Would pay, and it would be nice if that killed the ads.
    +1 for landscape, and I too would pay to drop the ad. But it's great! (Hey, everyone loves a Yule Log...)
    Last edited by miss_angela; 11/13/2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: l33t yping skillz
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Any way to get a better quality video? It's very low now.
  12.    #12  
    I will probably be changing the animation soon. We'll have to see how much better it can get without slowing down too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Any way to get a better quality video? It's very low now.
    Does anyone have a youtube video of this thing in action? If it really becomes available in the App Catalog for a buck and no adds, I'd buy that too. Sugardave, I'd donate even more if your App gets me laid on a cold wintery night, in front of my simulated Pre fire!
  14.    #14  
    HAHAHA, I'll see what I can do
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    My son had trouble falling asleep last night so I turned on the Yule log. He was asleep within 5 minutes. The sound alone is hypnotizing.
    Thanks
    Looks like this app has multiple uses that come full circle. Not only can a kid be created using this app, you can also put said kid to sleep with it a few months later...lol
    +1 re: adds and donation and landscape mode :-) very nice so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by sugardave View Post
    Great ideas. I've already decided to tackle the orientation change...should be an interesting challenge with Pixi coming.

I hadn't thought about the power/screen dimming, so that's something I can look into, as well.

Thanks for the feedback!
    There is a new API for the screen dimming issue in the new SDK.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    As stated previously, Landscape mode w/b great. Thanks for a good job
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    There is a new API for the screen dimming issue in the new SDK.
    v0.0.3 has the stuff
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast