Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    why does it need an internet (decent)u connection?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    why does it need an internet (decent)u connection?
    Well, because I'm using this application as one of my test targets for a different, wider-reaching project I'm developing...so, I need to gather data.
    ^ Sounds sketchy
    data? Gee.... Uhhh.. Care to enlighten us? If you don't want to divuldge your project, ok, but what data you gettin from us?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    ^ Sounds sketchy
    Oh noes!!!! My nefarious plan is completely unraveled with your astonishing revelation!

Now you have two choices:

1. Don't install it.
    2. Scour the source code and expose my evil-doing.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    data? Gee.... Uhhh.. Care to enlighten us? If you don't want to divuldge your project, ok, but what data you gettin from us?
    I'm making an ad campaign management system. This app is one of the test apps so I can gather performance data, ad deliveries per network, and click-tracking to use as a comparison against what the ad networks report.

Or, it's an evil plot to compute huge prime numbers and I'm working on a distributed mobile phone brute-force password cracking system.

I suggest, as I did to the guy before you, that you check out the source and decide for yourself.
    I installed and I like the app. Simple yet fun to look at I really like looking at flames. Landscape and full screen where it hides the top and bottom bar would be great. Is there a way to make a smoother transition with the sounds I am getting about a 5 sec pause.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I installed and I like the app. Simple yet fun to look at I really like looking at flames. Landscape and full screen where it hides the top and bottom bar would be great. Is there a way to make a smoother transition with the sounds I am getting about a 5 sec pause.
    Thanks! Unfortunately, the APIs for dealing with sound in webOS are, um, lacking. So, there's not much headway I can make in that area at this time. However, once the main sound loop is loaded, it should only have about a half-second pause before it starts playing again. I literally stop the sound and immediately start it again on a set timer.

I am also looking at replacement graphics...it's pretty stretched already and supporting the landscape change at this time would probably result in a crappy looking fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by sugardave View Post
    I'm making an ad campaign management system. This app is one of the test apps so I can gather performance data, ad deliveries per network, and click-tracking to use as a comparison against what the ad networks report.

Or, it's an evil plot to compute huge prime numbers and I'm working on a distributed mobile phone brute-force password cracking system.

I suggest, as I did to the guy before you, that you check out the source and decide for yourself.

I like your second plan. Where do I sign up? :-)

had an idea for an app that would generate a crap load of downloads and placed ads... Can't code so its just an idea. Hmmm...
  10.    #30  
    This version is just so I can affect an app ID change because I'm going to be putting an ad-free $0.99 version in the app catalog (I hope I didn't wait too long).
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Does anyone have a youtube video of this thing in action? If it really becomes available in the App Catalog for a buck and no adds, I'd buy that too. Sugardave, I'd donate even more if your App gets me laid on a cold wintery night, in front of my simulated Pre fire!
    Set it to vibrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Set it to vibrate.
    Win.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12