Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Whatever you are a globe-trotter, VIP, student, ... , iWorld Atlas allows you to have where you are the most complete atlas of 9 Continents, 5 Oceans and the 224 countries that have a political and economic activity.

iWorld Atlas features more than 7840 key facts and 460 large and high detailed maps.

In addition iWorld Atlas allows you to display :
    - Large map for each continent
    - World Time Zone
    - Keyfacts of 5 Oceans
    - Country physical map (elevation, ...)
    - Country political map (cities, ...)
    - Google map plugin.
    - Flag description, Coat of Arms and national motto for each country
    - Conversion tables (weight, Lenght, Area, Speed, Sizes, ...)
    - ... and much more ...

Using is very simple and immediat. Point a country then reach its 35 socio-economic indicators through 4 cards sets of themes through a very efficient screen layout.

* Geography - Coordinates, Area, Elevation extremes (lowest and highest point), ...
    * Demography - Population, Median Age, Birth rate, Life expectancy, ...
    * Economiy - GDP per capita, Unemployment rate, Inflation rate, ...
    * Government - Capital, Official Languages, Government type, Independence, ...

Current version : 1.4.0=> Download iWorld Atlas v1.4.0

More info and screenshots available Here

Version Change Log
    v 1.4.0
    * NEW FEATURES:
    o New fact: Administrative divisions
    * ENHANCEMENTS.
    o Virgin Islands key facts fixed
    o Scroll full map and flag fixed
    o Key facts are updated in accordance with the latest statistics
    o Cosmetics changes.

v 1.2.9
    • NEW FEATURES

• Keyfacts of 5 oceans.

• Landscape mode.

• All maps and databases are stored on media partition instead of RAM (registered version)

• ENHANCEMENTS

• Icon for each continent in the drop down list.

• Bug fixed for United Kingdom.

• Bug fixed for United Arab Emirates.

• Menu and sub-menu added in the header.

v 1.2.0
    * NEW FEATURES:
    o Google Map plugin:Interactive connection to Googlemaps for each country.
    * ENHANCEMENTS.
    o The size of software is reduced to 20% by optimizing graphics without losing quality.
    o Cosmetics changes.

v 1.1.1
    * NEW FEATURES:
    o Back button removed in all scene in order to be compliant with the WebOS Back Gesture feature. This change was recommended by Palm Inc.
    o Bermuda flag updated.

v 1.1.0
    * NEW FEATURES:
    o 35 socio-economic key facts per country such as :
    - Geography - Coordinates, Area, Elevation extremes (lowest and highest point), ...
    - Demography - Population, Median Age, Birth rate, Life expectancy, ...
    - Economiy - GDP per capita, Unemployment rate, Inflation rate, ...
    - Government - Capital, Official Languages, Government type, Independence, ...
    o Flag description and symbolism of each country
    o National motto of each country
    o Earth characteristics - Orbital, Physical, ...

* ENHANCEMENTS.
    o New UI interface. Cosmetics changes.
    o More than 7840 key facts.

Last edited by Ze-Palm; 09/18/2010 at 08:11 AM. Reason: New released version => v1.4.0
    jmelex likes this.
    Looks interesting... I'll give it a go. Thanks.
  3.    #3  
    Lets us know your remarks.
    I will probably have to wait until I get home tonight... I didn't realize this wouldn't be available via Preware.

I'll install via WOSQI tonight and let you know how I like it.

EDIT: Just downloaded the IPK and I noticed it's quite large - 8MB - is all the data stored on the device? Does it require data service at all once installed?
    Last edited by Spader; 11/10/2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Added question, didn't want to double post.
    This app looks great....I will download it tonight thru QI and give some feedback. I agree though, is the 8 MB on the phone (not that I'm hurting for space) since the ipk file is that big? Is this something you would ever consider to be installed thru Preware since many like that option better? Thanks for the app!
    OK, so I finally got this behemoth installed and have taken a look...

The UI in very nice, clean and easy to understand. The lack of many countries (got a lot of "Map or Flag not available in the evaluation version" messages) makes me wonder just how big the full version with all the countries is going to be. :S

I will play with it a bit more tomorrow, but as of right now I don't really know that I would ever need something this large stored in my phone when I have access to essentially the same information via Google/web at any time. Especially with the app space limitations in the current WebOS version.

I assume the "full" version is going to be intended for the App Catalog as a paid app? If so what price point were you shooting for? Based on my - admittedly very brief - trial I personally wouldn't pay more than $2 or $3... if that.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks djbroak and Spader.
    The size is mainly due to the 460 maps. All graphic objet take more room than ascii data and we must find the right graphic parameters between size and quality.

The other solution as you said is to provide data service to display maps.
    You are right. It was easier to code and the size of the application would have been much lighter but there was no internet connection everywhere (planes, ....) and I preferred to code a standalone app.

7GB Pre memory is available for apps, so, 10 MB is not much.

New features are planned such as keyfacts of each country, ...
    I agree its somewhat nice to have an app that doesn't rely on data service, you never know when you may be out of a signal area and be searching through your apps for anything that will work to kill a few minutes. haha

One suggestion, in addition to having key facts for the countries stored in the program, it would be nice to have an external link to more detailed info... even if it's just a Wiki link. That way the majority of the info would be on-device, but if someone wanted a lot more details they could choose to pull data the data from the Web without having to leave the app.
  9.    #9  
    Good suggestion Spader.
    We put it in the whisheslist for the next release.
    Well, the problem is that Palm only allots 250MB to store apps. Not 7GB.
  11.    #11  
    Well, the problem is that Palm only allots 250MB to store apps. Not 7GB.
    Oh, only 250 Mb !!
    Palm mentionned ~7GB user available
    Yeah, the internal HDD is 8GB total, about 1GB is allotted for WebOS and apps, so the remaining 7GB is user storage on the media partition.

There are tweaks available to get around the limits, and it is rumored that a future WebOS update (hopefully 1.3.1) will fix this as well. But currently - without tweaks - the app space is severely limited. :\
    I downloaded this app with Preware and tried looking at a couple of countries. The ones I chose all gave me a "map and flag not available in trial version."

If you are going to post a trial version, at least warn us!
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    If you split it into "app" and "data" it would make the download from the app store fast, particularly an issue for the wifi-free Pixie, with the data being downloaded and stored in the user space like MP3s/photos.
  15.    #15  
    Good idea kigmatzomat to split app dans datas. I give a try.
    How long does it take to dl the version in its actual state ?

Right GoBears, i modify the description and add that the evaluation version features complete information of 45 countries.
    Note that these 45 countries are major country and not isolated islands or small territories.

The full version features 224 countries and 9 continents

Here is the list of the 45 countries:
    AFRICA: South Africa - Cote d'Ivoire - Gabon - Kenya - Mali - Morocco - La Reunion - Seychelles - Chad - Tunisia
    NORTH AMERICA: Canada - Cuba - United States - Guadeloupe - Martinique - Mexico
    SOUTH AMERICA: Argentina - Brazil - French Guiana
    ASIA: China - Hong Kong - India - Indonesia - Japan - Russia Federation - Thailand
    EUROPE: Belgium - Spain - France - Italy - Monaco - Poland - United Kingdom - Switzerland - Holy See
    MIDDLE EAST: Afghanistan - Saudi Arabia - Iran - Iraq
    OCEANIA: Australia - Fiji - New Caledonia - New Zealand - Papua New Guinea - Wallis & Futuma
  16.    #16  
    iWorld Atlas new version 1.1.0 released
    First post updated

v 1.1.0 Description
    * NEW FEATURES:
    o 35 socio-economic key facts per country such as :
    - Geography - Coordinates, Area, Elevation extremes (lowest and highest point), ...
    - Demography - Population, Median Age, Birth rate, Life expectancy, ...
    - Economiy - GDP per capita, Unemployment rate, Inflation rate, ...
    - Government - Capital, Official Languages, Government type, Independence, ...
    o Flag description and symbolism of each country
    o National motto of each country
    o Earth characteristics - Orbital, Physical, ...

* ENHANCEMENTS.
    o New UI interface. Cosmetics changes.
    o More than 7840 key facts.

Download iWorld Atlas v1.1.0

17.    #17  
    iWorld Atlas new version 1.1.1 released
    The First post is updated.

v 1.1.1 Change Log
    - Back button removed in all scene in order to be compliant with the WebOS Back Gesture feature. This change was recommended by Palm Inc.
    - Bermuda flag updated.

Download iWorld Atlas v1.1.1
    Last edited by Ze-Palm; 12/13/2009 at 11:14 AM.
    is ZE #1 innovative software solutions for PalmOS and Palm webOS.

_________________________________________________________[/COLOR]
    Will download when I have the $$ to pay for full version. It would be nice if it was noted in the app description that there's an almost $11 price tag for this.
  19.    #19  
    It seemed to us more important to identify the functions and the list of 45 countries in the trial version that the price of the license for the full version.
    In addition to that everyone can have an objective opinion on iWorld Atlas, we selected 45 major countries (the whole list is detailled in the description)

Regarding the cost of the license of iWorld Atlas, if we include this cost in the description of the software we would have to create a new special version if the price changes.
    We deliberately set a very low price compared to many features iWorld Atlas.

What is your opinion on iWorld Atlas?
    Feel free to suggest us improvements.
    is ZE #1 innovative software solutions for PalmOS and Palm webOS.

_________________________________________________________[/COLOR]
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast