Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ze-Palm View Post
    We don't have any access to the Palm App Catalog and can't do anything.
    The only support we may have, is to contact Palm and let them this issue.

Have you an error message or something like that ?

I'll post the reply of Palm.
    This is a common problem for Homebrew users. If the app was loaded using an ipk, the app catalog won't recognize it as a valid version, so it won't load the update. It just says "failed to update" and shows the ! icon next to it.
    I tried uninstalling 1.2 and then getting 1.2.9 from the app catalog, but it wants to charge me for it.
    Can I just get you to send me the 1.2.9 ipk version, since I bought 1.2 from you?
  2.    #62  
    Here is the reply from Palm regarding your problem:
    you can either refer your end users to Palm customer service at 1.877.426.3777 or gather the following information on their behalf so I can send it over to the customer service group:
    - Device ID (MEID)
    - Device serial #
    - Palm profile email address
    - Issue summary
    - Application affected
    - Exact steps to reproduce the problem
    - Logs (from dial pad have end user type ##5647# and select ‘Quick Log Create’ then retrieve the .tar file and send it to you
    RoboCAD, send us all information above and your full name and a copy of your purchase at support[at]ze-palm.com
    is ZE #1 innovative software solutions for PalmOS and Palm webOS.

_________________________________________________________[/COLOR]
    AMANN, in order to avoid any conflicts between previous and latest version, the best way is to uninstall then reinstall iWorld.

Uninstall means remove iWorld from "RAM".
    Don't remove folders, subfolders and files you have stored on the media partition.

Let us know.

Sorry, but I'm still not succesfull in installing the 1.2.9. ipk version of iWorld Atlas (the file I've downloaded using the download link you've provided to me).
    -
    Because I'm just a user of WebOS, and no programmer, I'm very limited in checking my Palm Pre for leftovers of former installations. When you write: ...uninstall means remove iWorld rom "RAM", I understand that I normally have to delete the program from the application list on my Palm Pre. As far as I know,I did this to remove former versions of iWorld Atlas (1.2. lite aso) from my unit.

In addition, I used the USB-Drive-Connection to my computer and the programm "Internalz" (a kind of file browser) on my Palm Pre to check the folders and subfolders of my Pre. There was only one folder with "RAM" in the name: /media/ram, but this folder was empty. Checking the other folders, I was not able to identiify any others files or subfolders which could belong to the iWorld Atlas program (eg: I searched for filenames or subfolder names with Iworld- or atlas-name-parts).

So I once again tried to install the ipk-File using WebOSQuickInstall, with thee same results as before: WebOSQickInstall shows: "Transfering", "Installing", then it terminates without any error message, but on my Pallm PPre there is no app logo, no entry in the application list, no file in /media/ram or so (only the .iworldatlas folder structure transfered to the root of my Palm Pre using the usb drive function is still there)..

An interesting fact is that installing the iWorld Atlas Lite Version after these tests worked fine! The app symbol showed up in the launcher, the application list showed the program entry, and I could start and use the lite-programm without any errors (and de-install it later)!

Maybe you can tell me the folder name(s) ín which parts of iWorld Atlas 1.2.9. files should be installed by WebOSQQuickInstall, and the name of the files to delete if the file-names don't contain "Atlas" or "iWorld".
    And: Is there any other way to get the ipk-file installed on my Palm Pre?

Greetings Andreas / AMANN
  4.    #64  
    When you connect your Pre using "USB drive" mode and open a file browser on your PC you have access to the media partition of your Pre.

This media partition allows you to store musik, videos, picts, ... . You are able to manage folders of this partition and drag and drop files from your PC to your Pre.

With the software "Internalz" the name of this media partition is media/internal

So, after uncompress the zip archive iWorld_Atlas_Data-129.zip to a folder of your choice (C:\tmp), connect your Palm Pre device to your PC using a USB cable and select "USB Drive" mode.
    Open a file browser on your PC and drag and drop the folder .worldatlas (from C:\tmp) to the root of your Pre.
    Then, install the ipk file using WebOSQuickInstall.

Hope this helps.
    if you need more explanation, let us know.

5.    #65  
    AMANN, just to know if you've successfully installed iWorld Atlas ?

If you appreciate iWorld, feel free to post a good review at Palm App Catalog.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    So, after uncompress the zip archive iWorld_Atlas_Data-129.zip to a folder of your choice (C:\tmp), connect your Palm Pre device to your PC using a USB cable and select "USB Drive" mode.
    Open a file browser on your PC and drag and drop the folder .worldatlas (from C:\tmp) to the root of your Pre.
    Then, install the ipk file using WebOSQuickInstall.

Hope this helps.
    if you need more explanation, let us know.
    I was able to get this version using esellerate.
    I followed these instructions exactly.
    The folders are there on the drive.
    WebOSQI ran and said it was finished.
    The app does NOT appear on the launcher or on the app list in device info.....???
    Last edited by RoboCAD; 02/13/2010 at 11:15 AM.
  7.    #67  
    RoboCAD, send us your full name and a copy of your purchase at support[at]ze-palm.com and we give you support ASAP.

8.    #68  
    boucles0 said :
    I have the same problem !
    Send us your full name and a copy of your purchase at support[at]ze-palm.com and we give you support ASAP.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    RoboCAD, send us your full name and a copy of your purchase at support[at]ze-palm.com and we give you support ASAP.
    All you did was send me the same file I already downloaded.

I've uninstalled the old version, reset and installed this one (yes I followed the instructions exactly) and WOQI seems to complete the installation, but the app is still not there.
    I'd just buy the one from the app catalog if I hadn't already paid ($10.90) for this version.
  10.    #70  
    All you did was send me the same file I already downloaded.
    No, it's not the same file.
    The version is the same (1.2.9) but the process to install is very different.
    The main difference is that all the maps are stored on /media/internal.

Many users have downloaded then applied the steps to install and have never encounter any problem.

Which webOS version is installed on your Pre or Pixi ?

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    No, it's not the same file.
    The version is the same (1.2.9) but the process to install is very different.
    The main difference is that all the maps are stored on /media/internal.

Many users have downloaded then applied the steps to install and have never encounter any problem.

Which webOS version is installed on your Pre or Pixi ?
    YES, IT IS THE SAME FILE.

The one I got from esellerate was iWorld_Atlas_v1.2.9.zip.
    The one you sent me is iWorld_Atlas-v1.2.9.zip.

I've compared the contents and they are identical.

And besides that, I tried it with both of them.

I tried it on v1.3.2, v1.3.5.1, and now on v1.4 (on my Pre).

I'm happy to hear others are able to use your program.

It's not working for me.

Hurray!
    After I installed the update of iUS, on a whim I tried the iWorld installation again and it worked!
    Last edited by RoboCAD; 04/02/2010 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Finally got the app to install.
  12.    #72  
    New version 1.4.0 released and available on Palm App Catalog
    Download iWorld Atlas v1.4.0

Version Change Log
    v 1.4.0
    * NEW FEATURES:
    o New fact: Administrative divisions
    * ENHANCEMENTS.
    o Virgin Islands key facts fixed
    o Scroll full map and flag fixed
    o Key facts are updated in accordance with the latest statistics
    o Cosmetics changes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234