Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Lukas,

I think Precentral team will grant you Developer access, but this can take a while - I had to wait for a week when I applied. You'll need to get permissions to edit MojoTracker also. If this is a problem, then I'll update MojoTracker - using googlecode release.

Ian
    Ok, I got developer access a few minutes ago. New version of MojoTracker is waiting for review now! Stay tuned
    I have exported a track as both KML and split GPX files and I cannot find any combination of files that can open them. I'd like to open them in Google Earth, but it says they are invalid files. Any guesses as to what's going wrong or a better way to get my data out?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1200 View Post
    Any guesses as to what's going wrong or a better way to get my data out?
    I don't really know what formats Google Earth expects, although I'm surprised it won't take a basic GPX file.

Have you re-combined the split GPX files? The splitting is merely an unwelcome anomaly of one of the Pre's file system libraries - you'll have to paste the fragments back into one file afterwards before trying to use it in any software like Google Earth. But this should be straight forward - they're just ASCII text.

Another alternative is to extract the internal track database, and convert that to GPX - see this post.
    I'll give it a try, thank you! Google Earth seems to prefer KML files, but accepts GPX as well. It just seems that the several programs I have found that take either of those file types seems to not be able to read them properly, as if something in the file is malformed (a header or something maybe). I'll try to extract the database and go from there and report back. thank you
    Hi all, I created short, blurry and jerked video that shows howto export track and show it in Google Earth. You can see it on

BTW, if some application dosn't support gpx or kml format, you can try convert to other format with GPSBabel. Simple howto is on MojoTracker wiki: RelatedApps - MojoTracker
    Congratulations to your great app. I looked for a tracker (going on hiking vacation next week, hehe) and just found it. So far i like it very much!

Question: Do i still have to split files with the current FileMgr 1.1.5?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterH View Post
    Question: Do i still have to split files with the current FileMgr 1.1.5?
    Yes, it is still needed :/
    MojoTracker has been working wonderfully so far - thanks a bunch for writing this!
    This program is amazing! Thank you for sharing this for free! It would be nice if could write huge gpx file, then it would be perfect.
    I tried MojoTracker in august and while i really like the look and feel i noticed that MojoTracker drained the battery really quick.

A 2 hours hike drained half of my battery (Mugen 1400). When idle it lasts over 14 hours.

Maybe that's because of the constant 2 sec flash writes. I'd appreciate an additional 10 sec write interval just for comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterH View Post
    I tried MojoTracker in august and while i really like the look and feel i noticed that MojoTracker drained the battery really quick.

A 2 hours hike drained half of my battery (Mugen 1400). When idle it lasts over 14 hours.

Maybe that's because of the constant 2 sec flash writes. I'd appreciate an additional 10 sec write interval just for comparison.
    Unfortunately Pre's GPS api doesnt support specify how often it should scan possition. Second, MojoTracker prevents to device suspned. It have to, for continuous log. Issue is enorm battery consumption...
    Quote Originally Posted by karry View Post
    Unfortunately Pre's GPS api doesnt support specify how often it should scan possition. Second, MojoTracker prevents to device suspned. It have to, for continuous log. Issue is enorm battery consumption...
    Ok, then i have to decide between continous logging (which is important to me) and battery consumption (which is important to me)... tough...
    Thanks for completing the program!!!
    Hi all MojoTracker fans. New release support map previews!

Next thing that I would like implement is support for submiting tracks to some online services (Google Maps, TrackMe, OpenStreetMap.org...). I like this idea from Xkrystl Issue 4 - mojotracker - Feature request / New idea - Project Hosting on Google Code . Have you someone experience with submitting data to some online tracking service via JavaScript?
    Last edited by karry; 11/06/2010 at 06:07 AM. Reason: typo
    Hi MojoTracker fans,

1) I have seen this superb tool a week ago,
    2) I have a big interest in the setup of the GSM/UMTS networks around me, since I am a RF hardware engineer.

An idea came to my mind ... how about combining the informations about GPS position and RSSI of the network.

Since I am no highly sophisticated software engineer, I created ugly code to read current RSSI (in offline mode the latest available) and network carrier name.

Would it be possible for the author of MojoTracker to include my code, since I do not understand the MT code good enough?

Remember that the code only runs if the app id starts with "com.palm.app.<something>"

BR,

Tino
    Attached Files Attached Files
    is this the wrong place to ask for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by tino103870 View Post
    is this the wrong place to ask for it?
    No, it is right place. But... I have no idea how can be RSSI helpful with gps possition. Exist some visualization software? Exist some project for gathering of this data? Or it is just for fun?

Generally, it is possible save this information with track... But this improvement take me some hours of free time...

For me can be useful local news from gsm cell (what is shortcut for that?). My network publish names of cities over this service. But I don't know - if is possible - recieve these messages...
    Karry, do you mean "cell broadcast"?
    (en . wikipedia . org / wiki / Cell_Broadcast)
    Let me check it, this is a nice question. The german O2 network uses the channel 221 to transmit Gauss-Krueger coordinates of the currently used base station. Now I am eager to find it out. Stay tuned ;-)

With the RSSI data, my intention is it to gather them for creating such maps as you can calculate (!) with RadioMobile (www . cplus . org / rmw / rme.html).

I am working and selling radio propagation calculations and prediction since about nine years. (Yes, one can earn money with it.) Of course one has to combine it with real life measurements. You can maybe imagine that all radio propagation calculations and models are somehow limited. So to find useful data either one creates dedicated measurement setups as I do or uses the most spreaded and well known cell phone networks all around us ... GSM. Working together with local carriers, it is possible to do really good and realistic measurements.

At the moment I am using (besides Rohde+Schwarz reference receivers) Nokia E63, E51 and some Huawei sticks to evaluate carrier base stations. Now i would like to do the same with my beloved Pre.

BTW: backend for 3D diagrams (this is the sellable result) is Matlab or Scilab (my favorit).

Again, you guys are far better software developer then I ever could be, so adding one data row in this SQL database takes really hours? Hmm ... maybe yes if the database (table) has to be adjusted ... and debug... I see.
    File format was not recognized in my Palm Pre 2, is there something else I need to do?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast