Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    My newest apps, Temperature Converter and Dictionary have just been submitted. Only a matter of time before they are accepted! Let me know how they are!!!

    TC- http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...ture-converter
    Dictionary- http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/dicitonary
    Last edited by kdubhotsauce; 11/09/2009 at 12:12 AM.
  2. #2  
    Dictionary is ok I guess. I'd prefer to just have a dictionary link added to universal search. But It might be useful and a little bit faster to use this app than actually going to the site. I would definitely recommend you enlarge the text box, font and search buttons

    I would also recommend you investigate using a webview instead of just launching the browser, should be a little faster and a little more integrated.
  3. etnpnys's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    #3  
    Ummm... don't you mean "Dictionary" and not "Dicitonary"??
  4. #4  
    Oh the irony.

    (I agree with nyquistJack. What I really want is a dictionary option in universal search.)
  5. Hobbz's Avatar
    Posts
    273 Posts
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Ummm... don't you mean "Dictionary" and not "Dicitonary"??
    LOL -- yeah, a little ironic.
  6. #6  
    Nice icon. I swear I've seen it before... ah yes, /Applications/Dictionary.app
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    Oh the irony.

    (I agree with nyquistJack. What I really want is a dictionary option in universal search.)
    Turns out there is one via the command patch. Type .d and the word and it brings up dictionary.com's definition. It also lets you create memos from the universal search and do quick calculations from universal search. Totally amazing patch!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Turns out there is one via the command patch. Type .d and the word and it brings up dictionary.com's definition. It also lets you create memos from the universal search and do quick calculations from universal search. Totally amazing patch!
    I've heard about that patch, it has the same features but no GUI one of the main reason i made this app. The patch is still cool though cause you can use other stuff liike the calculator function.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdubhotsauce View Post
    I've heard about that patch, it has the same features but no GUI one of the main reason i made this app. The patch is still cool though cause you can use other stuff liike the calculator function.
    Yeah, the calculator function is awesome and the memo function rocks too. I hope they add tasks, calendar, alarms, etc.

    But you know what, you bring up a pretty good point. I am willing to bet some people would feel more comfortable using a GUI instead of universal search for a lot of things, especially no techy/power user types. Maybe making a GUI that incorporates a load of search options. I know there are websites out there that do this...but "native" apps are so much more responsive.

    Really get slick and include a preferences screen to choose what search options you want displayed. Get extra slick and use checkboxes instead of radio buttons for comparison searching.

    Searches: Amazon, Google, Bing, Yahoo, Buy.com, newegg, a million other things. You can even go as far as different subsections like Google news, google imagines, etc.

    That is an app I am sure some people will definitely use.

    Good luck!
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the advice starting on it right now =)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions