Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    There are 2 methods:
    WebOS Quick Install: How to: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes
    Preware: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

I don't know what OS you're running. You should ensure that the patch is compatible with whatever OS you're using.
    thanks !
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    dragbug...are you a developer? I'm just curious because I see a "donate" link in your signature but I don't see any links to apps.
    No lol. Not sure what I was thinking. It was intended for my themes and I thought it would be great to add to my sig however, I didn't think about the fact it would show across all of my new posts. I am removing it since I ended up adding it to the theme posts solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    No lol. Not sure what I was thinking. It was intended for my themes and I thought it would be great to add to my sig however, I didn't think about the fact it would show across all of my new posts. I am removing it since I ended up adding it to the theme posts solo.
    Well, you could have a link to your themes as well as the donate link in your sig....just a thought.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Well, you could have a link to your themes as well as the donate link in your sig....just a thought.
    I plan to add links to my themes in my sig. I am just lazy but thanks for the idea
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    Yes, I want $3 for this !!

I have made this app to learn WebOS and work about thermodynamics
    One thing that you are to be congratulated on is being the only application in the App Catalog to not go with the 99 cents garbage and made it $3.00 not $2.99.
    Oh yes, that's a reason to buy it!
    Wait I have to measure the temperature of my drink first, then measure the temperature of my fridge, then input that information into your $3.00 app and it'll tell me how long till my drink is at the perfect temperature? Why don't I just let time decide how long it'll take and wait it out? I'm sorry but apps that require me to do all this work aren't really apps but more time wasters.
    This is just a Newton's Law of Cooling calculator?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmehrwald View Post
    Oh yes, that's a reason to buy it!
    I wouldn't go quite that far !
    well at least he developed something for all you people so quick to be critical and all. if he wants to sale more he will drop the price if not its his own choice leave him be and develop something for yourself lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11.    #31  
    Wait I have to measure the temperature of my drink first, then measure the temperature of my fridge, then input that information into your $3.00 app and it'll tell me how long till my drink is at the perfect temperature? Why don't I just let time decide how long it'll take and wait it out? I'm sorry but apps that require me to do all this work aren't really apps but more time wasters.
    I think that doing scientific experiments is not a waste of time. open your mind a little ...

Newton's Law of Cooling calculator?
    It's more complicated than you think. We must put the time parameter in the equations, and heat transfers and the shape of the bottle. At end, it's a differential equation

Updates coming soon...
    Version 0.8.1 : time to wait to make ice cubes !
    Version 0.8.2 : how many ice cubes should I put in a drink ?!

I think everyone in this thread will be interested ...
  12.    #32  
    well at least he developed something for all you people so quick to be critical and all. if he wants to sale more he will drop the price if not its his own choice leave him be and develop something for yourself lol
    thank you ! you should be encouraging developers, not making fun of them
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    It's more complicated than you think. We must put the time parameter in the equations, and heat transfers and the shape of the bottle. At end, it's a differential equation
    Newtons law of cooling _is_ a differential equation with respect to the time
  14.    #34  
    New version available published in the next app catalog update ; version 0.8.1

Coool Drinks Calculates how long different drinks take to cool off and how much time it takes to make ice cubes, in the fridge

soon Available in app catalog for $1.49 (new price)

A lot of new features will be added !
  15.    #35  
    Coool drinks is now available in app catalog for $1.49 (new price)
    Am I right now with the differential equation?
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    One thing that you are to be congratulated on is being the only application in the App Catalog to not go with the 99 cents garbage and made it $3.00 not $2.99.
    LOL, after this he goes and changes it to $1.49 (not $1.50)

No offense to the developer intended, but I have a hard time seeing a buck and a half for this, when I've been cooling my drinks ok for nigh on 50 years. I think it's great that you created something so that you could learn WebOS programming. I'm not so sure I'd expect people to pay you while you learn. But that's each individual's choice.

On a more general note, it strikes me that a great many of the apps in the catalog were created simply because someone could, and the tools make it easy, not because they answer a real need. This is the flip side of development tools that almost anyone can use: apps that almost no one needs.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmehrwald View Post
    Am I right now with the differential equation?
    it's something like this :

m*c*(Tfinal-Tinitial) = P*delta(t)

P depends on the shape, the volume and the total area of the bottle. It also depends on the bottle material and thickness and all the side don't exchange heat the same way. At the back of the bottle, it's heat conduction between two solids, while it's between solid and (O2+N2) for other sides.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12