1.    #1  
    If you are not technologically inclined, this application may not make much sense to you. The BOFH Excuse Generator provides a random excuse from the list maintained at http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ballard/bofh/excuses.

v0.0.5 -
    • Internal fixes

v0.0.4 -
    • Added scroller to the display text for some of the longer entries

v0.0.3 -
    • Internal fixes, no features added

v0.0.2 -
    Last edited by sugardave; 11/25/2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: new version
    what is it
    b astar d operator from hell
  4.    #4  
    The BOFH is is the person you REALLY don't want to make angry. He/she is responsible for the everyday operations of those little boxes we use everyday to do most jobs.

Here is some history of the BOFH:

http://tinyurl.com/yz2ny9u

v0.0.1 is EXTREMELY simple and will just have a button to tap to get a random excuse from the list. More features are planned and the app should be updated soon.
    Last edited by sugardave; 11/06/2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: edited link because original has a "bad" word in it
    Decided to look it up on wikipedia. ******* Operator From Hell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Still don't full understand it. Before my times

Programmer getting his revenge on ***** users with those little pop up error boxes?
    Not really sure.
    It's like Scott Adams, only earlier.. There was someone (I always forget the name), who was a computer operator, became the system admin, who had a lot of non-computer literate users. Decided to write about them, and of course exagerated, and it became a fun read.. I'm still reading the new ones on "The Register". I believe the author is from England, so there's a slight difference in slang.
  7.    #7  
    Oh, the BOFH is much more subtle. You should read some of the old stories.

Start here.
    I am technically incline but these are about as funny as laffy taffy jokes (not very).
  9.    #9  
    It's really more of an excuse generator than a joke machine. Obviously, some of the static ones were added to that list after the original BOFH "classic" timeframe. Comedy gold CAN be found in the random ones.

There are future plans for this application, I hope you give it a try again sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by derk702 View Post
    I am technically incline but these are about as funny as laffy taffy jokes (not very).
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I may be setting myself up to get a random excuse, but I'll ask anyway: What's the difference between the static and random buttons?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    I may be setting myself up to get a random excuse, but I'll ask anyway: What's the difference between the static and random buttons?
    Hehe, the difference is that the static excuses are a pre-populated list of phrases/excuses that are hosted at the site mentioned in the "About..." menu and the random excuses are 4 different columns of words, and the app will pull 1 word from each column, and then randomly add the 4th word or not.

Next planned feature: automatic acronym display for the lazy
    I installed this through PreWare in an early version, then it moved to the App Catalog. In Canada, this is not an application that is available through the App Catalog. So I am stuck because neither PreWare or the App Catalog will let me remove it. Any ideas on how to clear it off my Pre?
  13.    #13  
    That's strange. To remove it, you should be able to tap your launcher, then hold the orange button before tapping the BOFH Excuse Generator icon. That should delete it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sugardave View Post
    That's strange. To remove it, you should be able to tap your launcher, then hold the orange button before tapping the BOFH Excuse Generator icon. That should delete it.
    That seems to have done it. Thanks! Did not know about the orange button delete shortcut.