Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
  1.    #121  
    let me introduce mmehrwald:
    he is a member of the software developing team of the palmbook client.

So please give hin as much informations as possible for feature requests and bugreports
    SIC! Software - The Experts in Mobility Software.

We produce high quality mobile software. Feel free to contact us
    I love this app so far but I have a few problems:

I don't see a inbox to check or send messages.

The time is wrong & the date is in another format.

When I write in someones wall, ot shows up in my feed, I am not sure if it is on their wall or not.

Besides those glitches, thanks for the hard work.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    This is a great app. It has everything you really need to keep you updated. The interface is nice and it loads very fast. I hope that this app continues to be updated.
    Palm for life
    IIIx...TE...TX...Pre

Quote Originally Posted by mmehrwald View Post
    Is there anything you can say about the postings which are skiped (thousends of comments, strange characters, ...)?
    It would appear to just be random one. One of the ones skipped has a : and a ) to make a smiley face. The few other seem to be normal posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by sic_software View Post
    let me introduce mmehrwald:
    he is a member of the software developing team of the palmbook client.

So please give hin as much informations as possible for feature requests and bugreports
    Here is my list. http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2018078
    WOW!! This app is AMAZING!!!!

Quick question though,
    how do you check your notifications? Or is this not available yet?
    Last edited by djorijun; 11/09/2009 at 03:24 PM.
    djorijun,

currently it is not but we are working on all your feature requests if this is possible for us! Be sure, it is on our list
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    It would appear to just be random one. One of the ones skipped has a : and a ) to make a smiley face. The few other seem to be normal posts.
    Thank you for that. It seems to be the smily which causes a problem. Maybe some other special characters. We will test this.
    Great start so far. I'm sure all of these have been mentioned but I definitely would like to see you add a notifications button along with the rest at the bottom. I would also like the option to see where people commented on my status and be able to return to that post to respond to that comment.
    Also, I have a bunch of fb friends and i miss a lot of posts with your app. A 'see more posts' button/option will be greatly appreciated. I look forward to the updates
    Lastly, I would like to see a separation between multiple user comments on a post, maybe something simple as just a line between the two, it all runs together. I won't mention a 'see all comments' because i think you guys said you are working on that
    Almost every time I open this app it makes me sign back in to Facebook. I love the features, but having to type my password every time I open Palmbook is quickly becoming a deal breaker.

Between this and the numerous people that were having problems logging in on first run, you guys might want to look at the auth section of your code cause it seems like there's a bug somewhere in there.

Rest of the program is awesome though!
    First, let me say that the large amounts of replies you have received really shows how desperate we all are for a decent Facebook app!!! Please consider it a complement.

This is a very good start, and I support the list PhantomPhreak53 (thank you by the way) provided. My big thing though is font size. May we have an option to change it? I need it bigger. This is one thing that Tweed does very well for me.

Great start! If you perfect this, I have a feeling you could sell this with no problems. I will be one of the first in line.
    Is there anything you can say about the postings which are skiped (thousends of comments, strange characters, ...)?
    They do not show things like when people become a fan of something. That's just an example of one of the items.
    djorijun,

currently it is not but we are working on all your feature requests if this is possible for us! Be sure, it is on our list
    I have told everyone I know has a Pre to download this. This is by far the most awesome the FB app I've seen and all my friends love it, and if you get Notifications, and Photo tagging I will pay for this thing
    I found out for those who are seeing the old posts is because you have to go to the web facebook page and click on "live feed",then go back to the palmbook app and refresh it, then u'll see the new posts on the app. This also goes to those who needs to sign in all the time, go to facebook.com and stay logged in.. I think this is one of the issues that needs work on the app, other than that, great app.. keep the good work!!!
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by duce152 View Post
    I found out for those who are seeing the old posts is because you have to go to the web facebook page and click on "live feed",then go back to the palmbook app and refresh it, then u'll see the new posts on the app. This also goes to those who needs to sign in all the time, go to facebook.com and stay logged in.. I think this is one of the issues that needs work on the app, other than that, great app.. keep the good work!!!
    Duce is right!
    if you are online on x.facebook.com on your palm and you logg out there, you are also logged out of palmbook. The reason is that pb uses a browser view for the connect flow which uses the same cookie base than the normal webbrowser (which is used for x.facebook). Logout always causes cookie deletion.

So its abviously that the "stayed login" function is also recognized by the connect flow, so please enable that on facebook.com to avoid relogin at every startup.

thanks duce!
    SIC! Software - The Experts in Mobility Software.

We produce high quality mobile software. Feel free to contact us
    For some reason I cannot get this app to work at all. I have installed it using Preware, and once installed and opened I am getting the Connect to Facebook icon page. I click it and it appears to cause the circle load to come up for a second in the top right bar and then it just goes right back to the page with Connect to Facebook. I have also tried logging into x.facebook.com and then accessing Palmbook. However, Palmbook appears to clear my cookies every time I open the app, essentially logging me right back out of x.facebook.com and requiring I retype my login info into x.facebook.com while doing NOTHING in the Palmbook app. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    For some reason I cannot get this app to work at all. I have installed it using Preware, and once installed and opened I am getting the Connect to Facebook icon page. I click it and it appears to cause the circle load to come up for a second in the top right bar and then it just goes right back to the page with Connect to Facebook. I have also tried logging into x.facebook.com and then accessing Palmbook. However, Palmbook appears to clear my cookies every time I open the app, essentially logging me right back out of x.facebook.com and requiring I retype my login info into x.facebook.com while doing NOTHING in the Palmbook app. Any ideas?
    I am having the EXACT same issue!! I really want to try and use this but its not working for me...

Is this just a bug or a random issue?
    I installed using WebOS Quick Install and I don't have any issues with it. Try it that way to see if there is any difference (although in theory, there shouldn't be)
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    well it doesnt seem to work for me i jut get the screen connect to facebook when i tap pn it nothing happens
    Quote Originally Posted by garryb View Post
    well it doesnt seem to work for me i jut get the screen connect to facebook when i tap pn it nothing happens
    Have you tried to open a web browser to x.facebook.com, sign in and then leaving it open? I had to do that the first time I launched Palmbook and then it worked every time after that. After you sign in the first time you don't need x.facebook.com open each time.
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast