Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324 LastLast
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Looks pretty good now. I had major issue getting it installed. With the Palm Apps Catalog it would just hang at "Installing" with the notification that it was installed. But when I pressed the icon in the launcher it would just open the Apps Catalog again. When I tried it through Preware it was the same. In fact, when I tapped on Preware on Install it would just open the Palm Apps Catalog with the same result (hang at Installing). So I installed it through WebOS Quick Install. Worked like a charm.

I can also confirm that a login at x.facebook.com once on the Pre's browser fixes the constant login request when Friendsbook is started.
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Looks pretty good now. I had major issue getting it installed. With the Palm Apps Catalog it would just hang at "Installing" with the notification that it was installed. But when I pressed the icon in the launcher it would just open the Apps Catalog again. When I tried it through Preware it was the same. In fact, when I tapped on Preware on Install it would just open the Palm Apps Catalog with the same result (hang at Installing). So I installed it through WebOS Quick Install. Worked like a charm.

I can also confirm that a login at x.facebook.com once on the Pre's browser fixes the constant login request when Friendsbook is started.
    Thought I was the only one having this problem. Thanks for the quick fix. I hate using the Facebook approved app on the app catalog, it is so limited.
    Quote Originally Posted by juniorgfx View Post
    Thought I was the only one having this problem. Thanks for the quick fix. I hate using the Facebook approved app on the app catalog, it is so limited.
    How is this one better?

I had an early version when it was named palmbook and it didn't seem much better than friendsflow or the official one. I like the official one's use of the webos picture gallery widget when viewing photos, but am disappointed that it doesn't allow me to see notifications.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    It's hanging during install for me as well =(
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    How is this one better?

I had an early version when it was named palmbook and it didn't seem much better than friendsflow or the official one. I like the official one's use of the webos picture gallery widget when viewing photos, but am disappointed that it doesn't allow me to see notifications.
    Well, you mentioned a couple of ways Friendsbook is better than Palm's app yourself.

Let's see what Friendsbook can do that Palm's app doesn't:
    1) you can view your wall instead of just your news feed, so you can see other replies to your posts quickly without wading through everyone else's junk
    2) you can view your notifications
    3) you can view other users' walls, not just their contact info
    4) when looking at a friend's wall, you can view any of their albums, not just the one they just posted a picture from
    5) view your friends list and jump to a friend's wall by clicking on them
    6) post directly on a friend's wall instead of just through commenting on the news feed
    for some reason today everytime I try to open the app it hangs on the loading screen, anyone else with this problem??
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    same here, 2 days now. Although, it loaded this morning, once....
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    for some reason today everytime I try to open the app it hangs on the loading screen, anyone else with this problem??
    Yeah I got that where I launched it and it just hung at loading and never loaded. I tried it twice and got the same result. I then rebooted my phone and tried again and it works fine now. It might be a problem with Facebook's API. Doesn't sound like a Friendsbook problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    Yeah I got that where I launched it and it just hung at loading and never loaded. I tried it twice and got the same result. I then rebooted my phone and tried again and it works fine now. It might be a problem with Facebook's API. Doesn't sound like a Friendsbook problem.
    Yep, was experiencing the same thing. Had to swipe it away twice and then on the third try, it loaded. Probably as you said, Facebook's API is the culprit.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by unibrow View Post
    It's hanging during install for me as well =(
    Me 2. Frustrating. Guess I will try WebOS Quick Install when I get home.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Im having this same issue with Twee Free, i was able to get friendsbook installed through WebOS Quick Install, but twee free is not in any of the feeds on WebOS Quick Install.
  12.    #432  
    Iam happy to say, i yust released a new version which should fix the relogin issue. Its better now, because you can also relogin at facebook.com and dont have to relogin in friendsbook. So if you never hit the logout button inside of friendsbook, you never ever have to relogin again

I will release this version to the app catalogue today. It will also help you to avoid the hanging installation problem.

friendsbook_2.0.3
    • Fixed Login bug - Stay login works now again
    SIC! Software - The Experts in Mobility Software.

We produce high quality mobile software. Feel free to contact us
    is this better then the real facebook app and does it make you sync all your friend on facebook? because i dont want all my friends on my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jlsdawg View Post
    is this better then the real facebook app and does it make you sync all your friend on facebook? because i dont want all my friends on my phone
    I think it's better than the facebook app. It has more features and a better layout. No it doesn't sync your friends with the phone book. It is free so I would download it and give it a try.
    thats awesome ill have to check it out
    Are there any plans to allow us to send private messages to our friends using this app? This is my preferred method of connecting to fb so this added functionality would be the icing on the cake.
    SIC Software: it seems the developer (Grepper) of FriendsFlow has all but quit. He hasn't done a thing to his app in almost 2 months. FriendsBook and Friendsflow seem both pretty much stuck on about the same features.. There are a few more great features that you guys both are missing and I sincerely hope that you guys aren't quitting development as well. Even if you made a paid version that had more features like Chat, Inbox access, respond to Friend requests, etc. that would be wonderful! I'm sure I'm not the only one who would pay. Palm has really dropped the ball with their facebook app, its just pitiful. We are closing in on a year into webOS and are miles away from whats available in Facebook apps on other platforms. Anyway, thanks for what you've done and we truly hope you keep moving forward. I'd be happy to donate if you setup an option and agreed on a few more of the above feature requests.
    First of all, your app is awesome!! But...I would really like to see a notification alert. Something that beeps or dings or whatever that let you know someone updated their status. And it would be cool if it would do this even after you have closed the app. Otherwise, your app is great. I have tried several other apps and I really like the layout and functionality of yours.
    I just downloaded and tried it. Wow! Much better then the other 3 FB app's I've been working with.... Nicely done!
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Heya... got the 2.0.4 update... what has changed?

Thanks.