Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324 LastLast
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Weird, all is well for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hsiegal30 View Post
    I got the same issue, anyone with a fix or troubleshooting help?
    Perhaps trying to install it from Preware instead of the App Catalog?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Perhaps trying to install it from Preware instead of the App Catalog?
    I'm experiencing the issue as well, while trying to install it from the App Catalog.
    The package from Preware runs just fine.

And fine, I'll do a little troubleshooting.

A brute-force while loop to save a copy of the package as it's downloaded from the App Catalog and an attempt to install from the command line on the Pre yields this error:

Code:
    # ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps -force-overwrite install /media/internal/downloads/XXX.com.sic-software.friendsbook_2.0.1_all.ipk
    Begin installation of com.sic-software.friendsbook
    Installing com.sic-software.friendsbook (2.0.1) to root...
    Nothing to be done
    Collected errors:
    Package com.sic-software.friendsbook md5sum mismatch. Either the ipkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'ipkg update'.
    The App Catalog application is not handling this properly because the underlying ipkg utility does not exit with a nonzero status code.

Code:
    # echo $?
    The *really* funny thing is... if you install the package by hand using /opt/bin/ipkg from Optware, the package is successfully installed.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    I have to login each time. Very annoying. Any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by mpagano View Post
    I have to login each time. Very annoying. Any help?
    Same issue for me. Quite a pain, was thinking maybe some facebook side security changes I could edit but no luck yet.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    the login issue just started with me today, after I figured out the workaround to re-download it after the 1.3.5 update. I reloaded it w/ Preware and now have to login every time.

Still the best of the FB clients available on the Pre... absolutely blows away the FB/Palm offering...
    sic in previous posts about the login issue, you said it was due to logging in to other apps or on to facebook.com. I solely use Palmbook right now and I still have to login every time.
    This app worked well for me the first time when I downloaded it from the App Catalog. I was looking for a Facebook App that let me upload photos with captions.

However, when I launched it again, it asked me for my user name and password again, and when I tried to enter my password, something happened on the screen as it zoomed in and I wasn't able to enter the password. This happened several times. I finally uninstalled the application. Too bad, it was a nice Facebook app. I am hoping these bugs get worked out so I can reinstall. I especially appreciated that it was free and available for anyone to enjoy.

Meanwhile, I've installed the Pixelpipe app, which doesn't let me read anything on Facebook (I'm back to the Web site for that) but at least I can upload with captions, and to multiple sites at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by oceandreams View Post
    However, when I launched it again, it asked me for my user name and password again, and when I tried to enter my password, something happened on the screen as it zoomed in and I wasn't able to enter the password. This happened several times. I finally uninstalled the application. Too bad, it was a nice Facebook app. I am hoping these bugs get worked out so I can reinstall. I especially appreciated that it was free and available for anyone to enjoy.
    If you are referring to the bottom half of the screen checkerboarding and covering the password field, it does that to me too. If you just slide page up and down with your finger the field shows back up and you can enter your password.

The checkbox on the Facebook website saying 'keep me logged in' seems to affect Friendsbook. I noticed it was not checked in my browser today when I clicked a link in an email (had not been out there since the 1.3.5 update). I checked the link when I logged in, and when I launched Friendsbook just now, it logged me in automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The checkbox on the Facebook website saying 'keep me logged in' seems to affect Friendsbook. I noticed it was not checked in my browser today when I clicked a link in an email (had not been out there since the 1.3.5 update). I checked the link when I logged in, and when I launched Friendsbook just now, it logged me in automatically.
    I came here looking for a solution to the not keeping me logged in issue and this is exactly what the problem was. Now I can go back to enjoying using the app launching when needed instead of leaving it open all day long so I don't have to retype pwd.
    I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I didn't take time to read all 20 pages, just some here and there. Anyway, I wanted to first off say thanks to sic for this great app. Me (pre) and my wife (pixi) use it exclusively as our facebook on our phones. It works perfectly for us and does for the most part everything we want/need it to do. However, I just wanted to throw out a couple of ideas possibly for an update in the future. I noticed there is a preferences button in the tab, but it's not usable at the moment. So here are two preferences I would like to see in the future.

The first one is probably the biggest one:

An option to not show all the games/whatever all those things are that get posted on peoples facebook. Meaning like hiding all those post that show stuff, like people feeding their fish on that fish bowl game and post from things like farmville, mafia, etc. Sometimes %80 of the 35 post I go through are these stupid (no offense for anyone that uses those things) things. I only care about peoples real post/pics/videos not this other stuff.

Secondly an option to show more post when it first loads and more when you hit more.

That's it. not big things and if they don't ever happen I will still be okay. I really like Friendsbook these are just a few things I would really enjoy and I think some others might as well.

Thanks again for an awesome facebook app.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
    I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I didn't take time to read all 20 pages, just some here and there. Anyway, I wanted to first off say thanks to sic for this great app. Me (pre) and my wife (pixi) use it exclusively as our facebook on our phones. It works perfectly for us and does for the most part everything we want/need it to do. However, I just wanted to throw out a couple of ideas possibly for an update in the future. I noticed there is a preferences button in the tab, but it's not usable at the moment. So here are two preferences I would like to see in the future.

The first one is probably the biggest one:

An option to not show all the games/whatever all those things are that get posted on peoples facebook. Meaning like hiding all those post that show stuff, like people feeding their fish on that fish bowl game and post from things like farmville, mafia, etc. Sometimes %80 of the 35 post I go through are these stupid (no offense for anyone that uses those things) things. I only care about peoples real post/pics/videos not this other stuff.

Secondly an option to show more post when it first loads and more when you hit more.

That's it. not big things and if they don't ever happen I will still be okay. I really like Friendsbook these are just a few things I would really enjoy and I think some others might as well.

+1 I like those two options for the preferences menu.

sic can we expect a new update any time soon? We haven't heard from you or seen a new update in awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by natsteff View Post
    I came here looking for a solution to the not keeping me logged in issue and this is exactly what the problem was. Now I can go back to enjoying using the app launching when needed instead of leaving it open all day long so I don't have to retype pwd.
    Doesn't work for me. I've had the checkbox set on Facebook. I even logged out and then logged back in, making sure the box was checked. Uninstalled and reinstalled Friendsbook. Nothing seems to fix it
    Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post

I've meant to post that question for a while and keep forgetting. Does Facebook not provide access to the applications I have blocked in my profile? Honestly, I can't stand seeing all of the Facebook game garbage in my news feed. I just wish they would provide a single checkbox to let me block ALL applications!
  15.    #395  
    Well currently we dont have much time left to investigate that issue, but we will try to submit a new build version to the app catalogue this week. unfortunately Palm is not really helping us to fix the app catalogue bug
    SIC! Software - The Experts in Mobility Software.

We produce high quality mobile software. Feel free to contact us
    I am also unable to get Friendsbook to save my password. I've tried every tip offered in the forum but it logs me out everytime I close.

Great app otherwise! Thanks!
  17.    #397  
    For all thoose who have the problem that the app is not getting installed (restart after install endless loop) please read the post from this thread and follow the instructions:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2112009-post4320.html

if that doesnt help you need to reset the phone with webosdoctor
    Last edited by sic_software; 01/13/2010 at 04:19 AM.
    SIC! Software - The Experts in Mobility Software.

We produce high quality mobile software. Feel free to contact us
    For those of you having an issue logging in everytime, all you have to do is log in to x.facebook.com, after you've done so. Login to Friendsbook, close the app and open it again.

Problem Solved!
    Djorijun, you are the man, thanks a bunch I have been hating to use Friendsbook this past week since this started happening, sure enough I went into x.facebook.com and I wasn't logged in and logged in and boom now I don't have to log in to Friendsbook anymore, I used to use x.facebook.com but forgot about it and I guess after last Palm Update it logged me out and thats what was causing problems for Friendsbook. Well thanks again!!!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    +1 Thanks for the help djorijun!!!!