Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tommce View Post
    Hi, can't post Comments at the moment. It was working fine a couole of days ago, but now nothing posts after I click Done.

I have unistallled a reinstall just for the hell of it but still nothing.
    The Facebook API was having problems this morning. I would give it a few hours and try again.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    The Facebook API was having problems this morning. I would give it a few hours and try again.
    Thanks, should have had a bit of patience; all working fine now.

That said, I ran through a few options earlier, as you do, to see if it was a particular character length or some such, and posts with an ampersand don't seem to be sticking. Is that related to the API issue?
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I can't seem to log in w/friendsbook. It was working... but, now...

Upon loading, it goes to a page that says permissions need to be set, (which I did the first time a ran friendsbook), but doesn't allow me to do that, it just list a few links about permissions on Facebook.

It ends up on this screen after flashing "please log-in" and then; "please go back"...

Friendsbook worked well the first week I used it, but first it wouldn't accept status updates, which I think was a Facebook issue, as for this permissions thing, I have no clue...

If anyone has suggestions or ideas of resolving this, feel free to jump in.
    Tried uninstalling/reinstalling... no joy.

(rant)

...man, everyday it's something else, this phone is proving to be unreliable, unstable, and unusable.

I have no homebrew, patches, etc. just a stock, poorly performing Pre, which needs a reset almost everyday to resolve the "too many cards" issue. (I've never tried to leave anything but Messaging, Calendar and Email open, three cards running is too many for this multi-tasking OS) It's sooo frustrating trying to get something done quickly, only to be stopped dead by the "too many cards" notification, (which since 1.3.1 doesn't completely displays the notification graphics)

Android is starting to look better and better... perfect time for the SmartPhone Roundup!!!

(end rant) for now. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post

It ends up on this screen after flashing "please log-in" and then; "please go back"...

Fyi... I've noticed when I had this happen to me, if I just did the back gesture without doing anything on the displayed page, it took me back to friendsbook and seemed to load just fine. don't know if its a facebook api error coming back during the login process or how friendsbook is handling some event.
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Tried the back gesture, nothing. doesn't budge. ;-(

Oh well, I'm not surprised anymore, just fed up.

This is a free app, so nothing wasted but time.

Classic on the other hand.... HUGE waste of money, AND time. ;-(

I'm getting ready to by myself a Christmas present... A Hero, maybe?
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    It just keeps getting better...

As a last ditch effort, I thought I'd delete and reinstall Friendsbook, (...again, I did it this morning, when the problem started.), THIS time I wasn't able to re-download it again, due to getting the app limit message! I've added nothing to the phone since I first installed Friendsbook, and having deleted the same app, (same size), as the one being downloaded, one would think, the Pre would have the available memory for the app.

I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

I'm beginning to think of my PRE as a POS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    It just keeps getting better...

As a last ditch effort, I thought I'd delete and reinstall Friendsbook, (...again, I did it this morning, when the problem started.), THIS time I wasn't able to re-download it again, due to getting the app limit message! I've added nothing to the phone since I first installed Friendsbook, and having deleted the same app, (same size), as the one being downloaded, one would think, the Pre would have the available memory for the app.

I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

I'm beginning to think of my PRE as a POS.
    Just hang in there a bit longer, webos 1.3.5 will be out any day and will eliminate the app limit, improve battery life, speed up app loading, and hopefully fix alot of other bugs! I wouldn't give up on this phone just yet, iphone is already becoming an antique compared to these new smartphones whether it has alot of apps or not!
    SIC - great app - wondering if you will be adding "save image" to it?
    I'm having problems with my app. It won't show me notifications anymore even though I've logged out and even reinstalled the app. Any ideas???
    Can you incorperate the @ feature where it links that person like facebook.com does? Also can you make it so my pictures upload to Mobile Uploads and not Palmbook Upload please
    What about a Myspace app?
    not sure if you are aware, but searching for your app in the app catalog does not work for me...it is great & discovered this while trying to put the app on my wife's pre. Thanks for a great app!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Does anyone else's notifications not work. Mine worked for a day and then stopped. All I get now is '-'? Just curious.
    Last edited by schaplin; 12/29/2009 at 11:34 AM. Reason: grammatical errors
    Friendsbook dont work for me at all I get an error message stating that it was unable to validate my permission
    I can't install friensbook from the App Catalog in 1.3.5. It downloads and gets to the installing stage, and just stops there. The icon on the launcher has the progress circle completed, but it just sits there.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    I can't install friensbook from the App Catalog in 1.3.5. It downloads and gets to the installing stage, and just stops there. The icon on the launcher has the progress circle completed, but it just sits there.
    Same here.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Since 1.3.5 my Friendsbook app asks me to login everytime I open the app now. A little annoying but not a deal breaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    Since 1.3.5 my Friendsbook app asks me to login everytime I open the app now. A little annoying but not a deal breaker.
    same here, I hope this is fixed soon.

One funny thing though, did you notice it is still called Palmbook on the login page?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Same here.
    I got the same issue, anyone with a fix or troubleshooting help?
    Quote Originally Posted by hsiegal30 View Post
    I got the same issue, anyone with a fix or troubleshooting help?
    Me too!