Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1.    #321  
    Well it looks like there has not very much changed in this new 2.0 version, but behind the scenes there happened a lot! This was the main reason why we made this big versioning jump. To give you a feeling what happened here the changelist:

• We reimplemented all code which is related to the wall/newsfeed entry interaction
    • We introduced an app-assistant which will make background notifications possible in the future
    • We optimized the memory usage
    • The client is more robust to facebook api failures and changes
    • Reorganized the mainmenue and introduces some new icons
    • Added background timer which is shared via notification and home view
    • Notifications are reloaded automatically (every 150 secs)
    • We added a custom notification html parser, to make the links inside clickable

The most problems we had where related to the background timer, this is caused by the poor javascript debugging possibilities, and off course the poor language itsselfe...

The attached sceens show the new features.

In Screen 1 you can see the notifications count in the page header, which will reload on every refresh click and every 150 seconds. If you tab this number and the number is >0, the notifications screen will get shown. On the bottom left you can see the new switcher command which will allow you to switch between wall and newsfeed. retabbing one of this items will cause only to reload status and wall/newsfeed. Notifications are not reloaded then. The triangle item on the right is a options item which will show a submenue. There you can find:
    - Shoot and Upload
    - Select and Upload
    - My Photos
    - New Post

In Screen2 you can see the notifications screen. This screen shows the notifications and the highlights are clickable. Tabbing on of this items will redirect you as near as possible near to that event. This screen will update also automatically every 150 seconds.
    Note: the 150 seconds update is a incremental update call, so if there is no new notification there will no new data be loaded over the air there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SIC! Software - The Experts in Mobility Software.

We produce high quality mobile software. Feel free to contact us
  2. TBH
    Absolutely great new version! Thanks a lot!!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I downloaded the first version from the app catalog a while ago but wasn't particularly impressed. The new (homebrew) version is much better than the original but is still missing some features... I don't see an option to view a friend's info in the app, is this possible in the current version?
  4.    #324  
    Well i forget to tell you about an other important feature:

Mark notifications as read:

you can mark a notification item as read in the following way:
    In the notifications screen swipe a entry from the left/right to the right/left to make the delete button visible (this is a system default behaviour). Klicking delete will to enqueue this item for mark as read. If you leave the notifications screen with the back gesture, all enqueue items will get marked as read (this will allow you to mark many many items as read with only 1 api call)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sic_software; 12/11/2009 at 07:11 AM.

Update looks great. However, I don't have a number on the home screen for notifications? It has just a - sign there? I tried to close and reopen the app several times. No luck
    Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlevy117 View Post
    Update looks great. However, I don't have a number on the home screen for notifications? It has just a - sign there? I tried to close and reopen the app several times. No luck
    Any suggestions?
    When the app is open, have you tried hitting the refresh button? I got the - a few times too but when I hit the refresh button it shows up.
    Phantom, i hit the refresh several times and still no luck. I know i have notifications cause they show on another fb app. Oh well. The rest of the app works pretty well so maybe it will correct itself at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlevy117 View Post
    Phantom, i hit the refresh several times and still no luck. I know i have notifications cause they show on another fb app. Oh well. The rest of the app works pretty well so maybe it will correct itself at some point.
    You did not click on the notifications icon on you facebook because then they will marked as read and friendsbook does not show it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by sic_software View Post
    Well i forget to tell you about an other important feature:

Mark notifications as read:

you can mark a notification item as read in the following way:
    In the notifications screen swipe a entry from the left/right to the right/left to make the delete button visible (this is a system default behaviour). Klicking delete will to enqueue this item for mark as read. If you leave the notifications screen with the back gesture, all enqueue items will get marked as read (this will allow you to mark many many items as read with only 1 api call)
    I was just going to ask for this functionality ( in BOLD). Good to know that this already exists. Thanks!

*EDIT:This functionality isn't working? Ive been trying various ways to mark them as read by gesturing back thru the gesture area. How are they marked as read?? The icon that represents the number of notifications doesn't change when you back gesture, even after you do a manual refresh.

If I go back to the notifications screen, the previous notifications are still present. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Achill3s; 12/11/2009 at 07:48 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    i noticed in your app my status never changes and can't delete. It's weeks old and was already cleared on the actual facebook website. I haven't added a new one but it's been cleared. it shouldn't still be there.

sorry if this has been mentioned.
    This app is starting to grow on me Sic Software. Thanks. You have any plans to allow us to respond to friend requests from your app in upcoming versions? Or what about the ability to save our friends photos from their albums or uploads?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    anyone else having issues this morning? I just tried to open friendsbook and I just get stuck on a blank white screen with a "loading" message up top.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjdalton View Post
    anyone else having issues this morning? I just tried to open friendsbook and I just get stuck on a blank white screen with a "loading" message up top.
    That might be a facebook error. Mine is loading fine.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tjdalton View Post
    This has been happening to me intermittently to me since installing the new version. Also, every few launches I'm asked to login and connect with facebook again.
    Feature request: Is it possible to not show posts in the news feed from applications I have hidden on the website? I can't stand getting posts in my news feed every time a friend plays one of those stupid games.
  16.    #336  
    We just released a new version 2.0.1

the new features are:
    • show 'post from' -> 'post to' on newsfeed
    • image links in wall/news entry are clickable now
    • imageview can switch to landscape now
    • imageview jumps automatically to the tabbed image

ENJOY!

This may not be a fixable limitation, but is possible to speed up the loading of the newsfeed?

i.e. start displaying text even if the images are not fully loaded yet? Sometimes the newsfeed is pretty slow. Of course I can't tell why it's being slow. Sometimes the feed can take a matter of minutes to display anything (or I give up and close the app).

So then what I do is quit the app, reload, and usually the feed loads much faster, which is odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    This may not be a fixable limitation, but is possible to speed up the loading of the newsfeed?

i.e. start displaying text even if the images are not fully loaded yet? Sometimes the newsfeed is pretty slow. Of course I can't tell why it's being slow. Sometimes the feed can take a matter of minutes to display anything (or I give up and close the app).

So then what I do is quit the app, reload, and usually the feed loads much faster, which is odd.
    +1 I see this on occasion as well and my work-around is the same, a quick restart of the app. Loads faster 2nd time around...
    Using 2.0.1 and seems to be loading faster from 1st start. Nice.

One issue that I've noticed is the "What's on you mind?" portion of the app (where you update your status) is a single line regardless of the length of characters entered. Is there any way to allow all of the status to show in a paragraph after x-amount of characters entered instead of one long single line? It's difficult to view any incorrect entries in a single line form due to the Pre's display limitation near the edges of the screen.

So when entering this to update your status:
    Achill3s is wondering if this single line status would be better viewed in a paragraph

When maybe it would be better viewed/user friendly when being entered:

Achilles is wondering if this
    single line status would be
    better viewed in a paragraph

Thanks. Great job on the app updates.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Also confirming that my status always displays as whatever it was previously... so if I clear it, Friendsbook still thinks I have one.