Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sic_software View Post
    In the current version please tab outside of the popup menue, this will cause the popupmenu to close and you can use the comment promt. Next version will fix that.

Next version will contain notifications and personal wall. There will also be a lot of code refactoring so everythin should run much smoother again.
    Thanks. Would you believe I didn't even think to try that? It's just as easy to always use the popup to add comments, but at least if I do hit the bubble, I know how to handle it.

Regarding notifications, I presume (hope) those will be optional.
  2.    #302  
    The current version uses the same screen for the logged in user and a displayed friend. The new release will have a seperate homescreen for the loggin in user

The notifications will be shown as a count on the home screen in the page header, after clicking that number the notifications will get displayed in a seperate screen.

Background notifications will follow then in later versions. How the user can interact with the notifications is not clear yet, but we will try to make the best out of the facebook api ...

please be patient
    Last edited by sic_software; 12/07/2009 at 02:42 PM.
    SIC! Software - The Experts in Mobility Software.

We produce high quality mobile software. Feel free to contact us
    please be patient
    patience is a virtue
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Can't wait for some background notifications. Getting so many emails from Facebook is really too much.
    Thank me if I helped you.
    The current version uses the same screen for the logged in user and a displayed friend. The new release will have a seperate homescreen for the loggin in user

The notifications will be shown as a count on the home screen in the page header, after clicking that number the notifications will get displayed in a seperate screen.

Background notifications will follow then in later versions. How the user can interact with the notifications is not clear yet, but we will try to make the best out of the facebook api ...

please be patient
    sic do you have an ETA of when the new release will be out?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Hey sic. I tried to download the update from the App Catalog & it won't let me. I tap 'update', it downloads and says 'tap to launch' for a split second, and then goes back to 'update'. Don't know if there's anything you can do about this, but I thought I'd let you know.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schaplin View Post
    Hey sic. I tried to download the update from the App Catalog & it won't let me. I tap 'update', it downloads and says 'tap to launch' for a split second, and then goes back to 'update'. Don't know if there's anything you can do about this, but I thought I'd let you know.
    I am getting the same thing. I thought maybe it was just my phone. Good to hear other people are experiencing this.
    I can't wait till you guys release your updated Facebook App. Pleased so far and would actually pay for the update. I have not had problems except for when trying to Comment it gives me the pop up "Like It" "Comment" or go to "User's Wall" and sometimes freezes up if I just choose "Comment". But it is really not much of a bother for the quality of the app. Thanks again guys.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Each attempt to download brings up "download again for free" instead of "tap to launch." No sign of the installed app
  10.    #310  
    We yust released the new friendsbook 2.0 version which comes with the following changes:

friendsbook_2.0.0
    • added notifications feature
    • user can switch between wall and newsfeed

Off course several bugs should have been also fixes with that release

In this version the notifications are updated every 150 seconds (dont worry this is a very lightwight http request). This is not configurable for now, but it will be the next step to introduce a preference page

ENJOY
    SIC! Software - The Experts in Mobility Software.

We produce high quality mobile software. Feel free to contact us
    I'm using 2.0. I still see this particular bug:

When I post on someone else's wall, it will show my post like this on the newsfeed:

Achill3s "Just typing this as an example for the Friendsbook sw team on Jane's wall."

However, the newsfeed will not tell me whose wall I have actually posted to (as shown above). It would be nice if it would have this type of display or something similar:

Achill3s > Jane Doe "Just typing this as an example for the Friendsbook sw team but I now can see that I've typed this on Jane Doe's wall."

Hope this helps
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    We yust released the new friendsbook 2.0 version which comes with the following changes:

friendsbook_2.0.0

In this version the notifications are updated every 150 seconds (dont worry this is a very lightwight http request). This is not configurable for now, but it will be the next step to introduce a preference page

ENJOY
    It is running really slow for me! I have rebooted my phone 3 times and I am on wifi and it is crawling. It took nearly 2 minutes just for the app to load and display my newsfeed. Then everything after that I click on it still goes really slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    It is running really slow for me! I have rebooted my phone 3 times and I am on wifi and it is crawling. It took nearly 2 minutes just for the app to load and display my newsfeed. Then everything after that I click on it still goes really slow.
    It seems to be a problem of facebook. Even the old client which is known as "fast enough" is very slow at the moment.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Facebook really had some issues. Its working fine and fast for me after the issues
    Yep, speed seems fine here on my end for the new version also.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    I'm on wifi too and it is still running really slow. I hope facebook gets their stuff together. This is really bugging me.

Does anyone know if the notifications also notify when someone else comments on a post you have commented on?
    I'm on wifi too and it is still running really slow. I hope facebook gets their stuff together. This is really bugging me.

Does anyone know if the notifications also notify when someone else comments on a post you have commented on?
    You on Facebook now? Wanna test it?
    sic.. When I first launch the app it does the Loading screen like it always does but then maybe 1 out of 3 times I get my default search engine displayed. It says on the top Go Back and it displays http: in the search box. It looks like it is still within the app so I don't know what is causing it.

2 things I would really like to see:

When someone posts new pictures, you click on it in the newsfeed. It then takes you to the first picture in the album. I then have to flip through all the pictures just to get to the new pictures. Is it possible to make it so that it automatically goes to the new one or possibly thumbnail view? It is a pain having to flip through all the photos just to get a new one.

Also with the new notifications can you make it so when we click on it, it takes us directly to that post and not just the users wall?

friendsbook_2.0.0

ENJOY
    i was able to download the original version that you put in the app catalog, but then i was not able to get the available update, and you app has disappeared from my app catalog. palm has said that this is a problem with the update, pertaining to the location? from what i've read online, only people in canada and the UK, etc. are experiencing this.

If facebook does not do some magic things in their API you should see the same notifications as directly on the website. If you get a notification on a post which you have already commented you should get it in friendsbook as well.