Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1.    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    3 Questions.

1. Does that mean you are starting a new thread on this site with the new name?

2. Does this mean if Palm doesn't post it, you are abandoning the project?

3. Where can we get future updates of the new app?
    @1: yes we will start a new thread then

@2: no, we just want to make sure that they have no more problem with the new name, before we will release the new named app here

@3: i think it is possible to rename the app in the homebrew app catalog. So there wont ever exist both (palmbook and friendsbook) at the same time in the app catalog.
    SIC! Software - The Experts in Mobility Software.

We produce high quality mobile software. Feel free to contact us
    Quote Originally Posted by sic_software View Post
    The new name will be "Friendsbook"

We have a new release send to the palm catalogue which has a new feature:

-Show more comments (see screenshot)

Until we dont get a response from palm we wont release this new version here.

I attached the new release as attachement (just unzip and install via quickinstall) for thoose who want to pretest the new Friendsbook release.
    I noticed that the More button only works for the first time and then it doesn't work anymore. The first 30 posts load by default. Then I hit the more button and the next 30 loaded. I then hit it again and nothing happens. I closed the app, reboot and launched the app again. Now It does the default 30 and the next 30 but now the button doesn't appear at all!

I think if you were to fix the more button and add notifications you would eliminate people from having to use the other apps out there. That is just my opinion.
    sic.. When you upload a pic it still uploads to Palmbook even though I am using FriendsBook. I would really like if it would just upload to Mobile Photos and not create it's own Album
    i've gotta say, not a huge fan of the "friendsbook" name. i'd really like something more like "fbconnect" or something that was more indicative of actual facebook. "sic facebook" even?
    keep up the great work. this is the best facebook client for the pre thus far. it just needs a way to show the facebook notifications
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I don't like Friendsbook as a name.. It's so close to Friendsflow..

How about Feedbook, or as others suggested- FBConnect.. Friendsbook is just too similar to the "competition".. But it's your call not ours .
    FBConnect sounds decent
    It's in the official App Catalog now.. just downloaded it, like the new icon. Confirm what a user above said with the "More" button only working one time and then taking you to a blank white page.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    k...here is what i dont like. And I want to apologize in advance...because I hate people on here that complain about the littlest things.

1. Newsfeed instead of Newsfeed/Status Updates
    2. Background Notifications
    3. Doesn't say anything in the: "17 min from ....."
    4. Name I like the FBConnect

These are the things that in my opinion are missing from any Facebook client...any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Congrats on making it into the App Catalog! Love this app!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    It's in the official App Catalog now.. just downloaded it, like the new icon. Confirm what a user above said with the "More" button only working one time and then taking you to a blank white page.
    +1 on this.

Hope this gets corrected. It was one of the reasons why i shied away from the beta app.
  11.    #271  
    We just released the new Friendbook application. I hope the renaming of the application name and id will not cause the homebrew catalog any problems. If something runs strange please reinstall it.

The newest version here is 1.1.3 (the app catalogue has 1.1.1)
    The main difference is that we have implemented the "show more" on wall and newsfeed feature.

friendsbook_1.1.2
    • Renamed Palmbook to Friendsbook
    • Added "Show More" in newsfeed and userwall

friendsbook_1.1.3
    • Fixed "hanging app on no friends wall" bug

i will write a request to precentral that they will rename this thread to friendsbook, so we can keep this thread alive

enjoy!

P.s the new release also fixes this issue (thanks to PhantomPhreak53 for reporting):

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    I noticed that the More button only works for the first time and then it doesn't work anymore. The first 30 posts load by default. Then I hit the more button and the next 30 loaded. I then hit it again and nothing happens. I closed the app, reboot and launched the app again. Now It does the default 30 and the next 30 but now the button doesn't appear at all!
    Last edited by sic_software; 12/01/2009 at 05:56 AM.
    SIC! Software - The Experts in Mobility Software.

We produce high quality mobile software. Feel free to contact us
    hey I love the app, but was wondering if we were going to get the ability to check send and receiving (the email type) messages? I find myself using it pretty often and none of the apps support it. (I have to use the mobile website)

This would be greatly appreciated !!!!
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Friends book and friends flow are not too similar.. i mean the icons are different enough.. I think Friends book is fine. (just my opinion)
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Any updates on facebook chat for your app?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    i need to try this app.. getting tired of the mobile fb site.
    If you install from App Catalog. Do you have to uninstall the APP Catalog version to update to the homebrew version or can I just update right over it?
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    If you install from App Catalog. Do you have to uninstall the APP Catalog version to update to the homebrew version or can I just update right over it?
    As long as we do not change the name again your Pre should be able to handle both repositories (catalog and homebrew) correct. Means, you can update from any source.
    well i have one question about this, when you sign up it asks for you permission to allow friendsbook to post onto your account WITHOUT the users permission, does this mean it will randomly post and it says the same things for pics does that mean it will randomly posts pics from my phone, or is this just worded wrong? thanks.
    Great app. Can't really use it yet due to a lack of notifications. But once you do, I'm dumping FriendsFlow.
    please give me access to notifications and the facebook inbox. then i will never have to use x.facebook.com again.