Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    tberry26,

you still see the very first screen with "connect to facebook" or does this change?
    Quote Originally Posted by tberry26 View Post
    I downloaded the new version of the app today, and when I click connect and input my Facebook login data, it tells me to allow Palmbook to access my News Feed and Wall. So I went onto Facebook under application settings and hit allow, but Palmbook won't connect yet. Help?!
    Try it again but click the allow button in Palmbook. You might have to scroll to the bottom and zoom in. There is a button to push.
  3.    #203  
    Iam happy to announce that i just uploaded the new palmbook version:

palmbook_1.1.0
    • Added "Load All Comments" feature
    • Date and Timeformats are now location based

The attached screenshots shows how the new "load all comments" feature works.

If there are more comments available it is shows: "... x more". To show them press the button with the 2 arrows on the left or select "Load all comments" from the popup menue if tapping on the entry.

The first screenshow shows a post with more comments available

The second screenshot shows the result after pressing the extend button.

The 3rd screenshot shows the alternative way via the popup action

ENJOY!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sic_software; 11/13/2009 at 08:01 AM.
    SIC! Software - The Experts in Mobility Software.

We produce high quality mobile software. Feel free to contact us
    Thank you so much, Sic. I was using FF for a while, bought it even, but I do love this one so much better. If/when it goes paid, I'll get it.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Great update! Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by sic_software View Post
    Iam happy to announce that i just uploaded the new palmbook version:

palmbook_1.1.0
    • Added "Load All Comments" feature
    • Date and Timeformats are now location based

The attached screenshots shows how the new "load all comments" feature works.

If there are more comments available it is shows: "... x more". To show them press the button with the 2 arrows on the left or select "Load all comments" from the popup menue if tapping on the entry.

The first screenshow shows a post with more comments available

The second screenshot shows the result after pressing the extend button.

The 3rd screenshot shows the alternative way via the popup action

ENJOY!
    Here is my feedback on the newest release. I still think a lot of these need to be addressed but problems I see with 1.1.0:

1. Still getting null null on user names where the link is not clickable on Facebook.com. On Facebook.com it shows the users name but for some reason you can't click on it or go to that persons page. On Palmbook it shows null null.

2. When someone posts new photos in an existing album, and you click on the photos displayed in the Newsfeed, it still takes you to the beginning of the album. You have to flip through all the pictures to get to the new ones. On this one, the person added 2 photos to an album that already had 100 photos in it, so I had to flip through all 100 photos just to see 2.

3. After viewing photos in the albums and you hit back, it takes you to the top of your Newsfeed and not to where you were last at. That is very annoying.

4. Would be nice if we could comment on pictures.

5. Still don't see a way to load all posts in the NewsFeed. It shows the top 30 but we don't have a way to go to older posts.

6.The Up/Down arrows and clicking on the post and choosing the Load All Comments, seems kind of redundant. In my opinion, you could lose the entire drop down and just have 3 icons next to the post. 1 to post a comment, 1 to like a comment and 1 to show all comments.

Other than that, the new timestamp works that it is now on local time and being able to view all the comments for a post works fine. I will test the permission settings when I get home tonight. Not allowed to go on Facebook here at work
  7. Zob
    This app is a delight to use. Seriously, it is very well designed and implemented. Looking forward to seeing where you take it next. I can only think of two suggestions offhand to improve it, and they are borh minor:

1) It would be nice if a long comment chain could be collapsed again once it was expanded; hitting the up/down arrow button a second time currently does nothing.

2) The app wastes screen space in a few places, especially along the left side. This is not a big deal since the scrolling is so nice and fluid, but Pixi users especially might appreciate a somewhat more compact layout.

Keep up the excellent work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zob View Post
    This app is a delight to use. Seriously, it is very well designed and implemented. Looking forward to seeing where you take it next. I can only think of two suggestions offhand to improve it, and they are borh minor:

1) It would be nice if a long comment chain could be collapsed again once it was expanded; hitting the up/down arrow button a second time currently does nothing.

2) The app wastes screen space in a few places, especially along the left side. This is not a big deal since the scrolling is so nice and fluid, but Pixi users especially might appreciate a somewhat more compact layout.

Keep up the excellent work!
    +1
    Has anyone else noticed their Facebook hacked after using this app? I don't use facebook web at all, and I downloaded this to check it out... about 2 hours later I started seeing posts made on my account about Obama videos on YouTube. How exactly are you using our facebook connect login information?
  10.    #210  
    As you can see the login is not implemented by our application. For the login we use a webviewer inside our app which points to new.facebook.com/login.php. We have no acces to the typed in password. This is a central security concept from palm and facebook which eliminates the possibility to hack a users account.

Anybody can check that by installing it in a emuator and dump the network traffic. Except of the welcome and about page
    http://www.sic-software.com/palmbookintro.html
    http://www.sic-software.com/palmbookabout.html
    there goes no request out to our company page.
    Last edited by sic_software; 11/13/2009 at 11:47 AM.
    SIC! Software - The Experts in Mobility Software.

We produce high quality mobile software. Feel free to contact us
    Looks like a great update... Downloading via Preware now...
    thanks
    Can you add:

1. An icon or something/anything that will enable the user to see their own wall
    2. Notifications
    3. Private messages access
    4. Ability to load more posts (currently, it's a set number of news-feed posts that are viewable/scrollable. After that set amount, there is no other way to load more
    5. Chat

It's still early but you're app is on the right path. Thanks!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I'm curious, I notice your app has the same problem FriendsFlow has always had in which some of the time, it fails to load the profile pics on some of the status update posts.. Do you have any clue why this is? Is this just exposing how poor Facebook's API truly is? Sure would be nice if it would always load all pics just fine..
    Something else I just noticed. On Facebook when a user posts on another users wall, you see User A > User B and then the message. On Palmbook I just get User A and then the message. I kept reading a post and was wondering why they posted a message to another person on there wall but they hadn't.
    Worked! I never thought to try to scroll down. Thanks!!!
    i'll say i like prefer your app over the others. suggestion.

1. i'd like to be able to access my inbox and so i can accept and reject friend requests and deal with event invitations and messages. That's one very important feature for me.
    2. tapping the expand all comments button a second time should close them. i couldn't close them after they were opened which seems a bit illogical to me. Also problematic as one of the sports teams i'm a fan of has comments that normally number over 2000.
    3. i cleared my status and it still shows up as a current status on Palmbook though not on the normal facebook webpage maybe that's on purpose but it reads like that's my status.

Oh ok i just noticed. No matter whether i hit refresh it's not refreshing. I had to log in (that's a bit annoying don't want to have to do that every time) and when i did it's showing 11:39PM it's now 12:19AM and none of the feeds since 11:39 will show up even after hitting refresh. hope some of this gives you some constructive feedback.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 11/15/2009 at 02:21 AM.
    Hi Sic!, firstly just to say thanks very much for developing this application and making it available for free on homebrew - love it and definitely going to keep on using it, even despite Palm seeming to have just launched an 'official' Facebook app on the App Catalog (which, judging from the reviews, is pretty minimal and lacking - I can't try it myself as I'm on the GSM Pre webOS 1.1.3 still)

Anyway, is this the right place to post my wish list for your consideration for a future release? OK here goes - my top 3:
    1. Facebook notifications as webOS notifications with config options to turn on and off various notifications
    2. Viewing photos of friends (not just their albums, but the photos they were tagged in)
    3. Photo feed (you know, equivalent to the Facebook website's 'photos' button on the application bar at the bottom)

Thanks again - and good job on the app!
    When looking at your friends list you should be able to just start typing to search for a specific friend. It's a pain to scroll down when you have 200+ friends on your list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Can you add:

1. An icon or something/anything that will enable the user to see their own wall
    2. Notifications
    3. Private messages access
    4. Ability to load more posts (currently, it's a set number of news-feed posts that are viewable/scrollable. After that set amount, there is no other way to load more
    5. Chat

It's still early but you're app is on the right path. Thanks!
    Seconded! I'd love the ability to do all this. This is an awesome app; I use it exclusively to access FB from my Pre. Thanks for all the work!

~Kelly