Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyloveland View Post
    So, basically with these books, they completely function off the links... They open to a Table of Contents pretty much and then to get to the actual content, you have to click on these links.

I really hope they will work soon, because this is a awesome app so far.

Any help/ideas would be MUCH appreciated. I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to send you the books if that would help in your development as well

Thanks!
    Is there a reason, then, that you cannot use the next file button to get to the content instead? Or is this more of a reference style book that is much less useful without an index sort-of-thing?
    Yeah, unfortunately the next button only goes down the screen and not to the next section... it is more of a reference setup... Would you like to take a look at one of the books?
  3.    #123  
    Yeah, unfortunately the next button only goes down the screen and not to the next section... it is more of a reference setup... Would you like to take a look at one of the books?
    The next page button is at the bottom. The next FILE button is at the top.

I can take a look at the book, or at least have it on hand when I'm ready to do some more work on table of contents issues.
    Here is one to look at... Next file button doesn't work for these either...

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    how can I clear all my bookmarks?

and I got a little issue..was reading a book for about a week was on chapter 18 I thought everything loaded fine. But I guess palm reader didn't convert/load ALL of the book.. I deleted the book from the library than I try to reload it and now its not workin at all, now I been trying to reload it for the last few hours with no luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Hmm, I just tried to make a bookmark to delete and double check, but it looks like this latest version doesnt want to bookmark, if I remember correctly before I just tapped the bookmark and clicked delete from the menu that appeared, or I had to hold the bookmark for the menu to show up

On a few bugs I have found, when I close the app after reading a while, it doesnt always open to the same spot I was at when I closed it, sometimes it comes up at the previous spot I closed it at.

Also as I posted before, when in full screen when it changes files, I get the top bar of the phone showing, also below that, a large blank area around the same size as the top bar of the app, I found out today how to take a screen shot so I will post a pic of that problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for the great app. I can't wait till we get the new firmware here in Germany.
    Right now I'm happy with TXT.. Well, not exactly happy but thankful!

-DerSarek
    First off, let me say this is an awesome program. I love it. I have several hundred ebooks in LIT format and they show up and read well. Definitely an app I will be buying. Actually my only complaint was searching for the books on my phone until I realized I could type what I wanted to search for and especially type ".lit" to narrow my list down and exclude other file types....guess it was just a blonde moment. Again, thank you for this great program.
    This program is very nice. Thanks for all the work you have obviously put into it.

I purchase my ebooks from Amazon, dedrm them, and then convert to epub with calibre for reading on a jetBook.

One or two that previously wouldn't load on Palm Reader now do since the last update.

I hope you can resolve the chopped in half lines of text that sometimes appear on the bottom of the page. Page down then sends them to the top, again chopped in half. It's my only serious issue with your program.

I read in landscape with the largest font, using the space bar to page down. If you could implement the period key (like the browser multi mod patch) to page up I'd be thrilled.
  10.    #130  

and I got a little issue..was reading a book for about a week was on chapter 18 I thought everything loaded fine. But I guess palm reader didn't convert/load ALL of the book.. I deleted the book from the library than I try to reload it and now its not workin at all, now I been trying to reload it for the last few hours with no luck.
    You'll have to delete bookmarks one at a time for now. I may add a "delete all" at some point.

If you're having trouble loading a book, either attach it to a post here or email it to sendbooks@popelli.com for review.

Quote Originally Posted by HagerDeath1 View Post
    Hmm, I just tried to make a bookmark to delete and double check, but it looks like this latest version doesnt want to bookmark, if I remember correctly before I just tapped the bookmark and clicked delete from the menu that appeared, or I had to hold the bookmark for the menu to show up
    What seems to be the problem, specifically? I've just tested adding, loading and deleting bookmarks without running into any sort of issue.

On a few bugs I have found, when I close the app after reading a while, it doesnt always open to the same spot I was at when I closed it, sometimes it comes up at the previous spot I closed it at.
    I'll try and look into this.

Also as I posted before, when in full screen when it changes files, I get the top bar of the phone showing, also below that, a large blank area around the same size as the top bar of the app, I found out today how to take a screen shot so I will post a pic of that problem.
    I believe this is fixed - I'll post an update now.

Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    I hope you can resolve the chopped in half lines of text that sometimes appear on the bottom of the page. Page down then sends them to the top, again chopped in half. It's my only serious issue with your program.
    I'm working on this. It's less trivial than it seems

Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    I read in landscape with the largest font, using the space bar to page down. If you could implement the period key (like the browser multi mod patch) to page up I'd be thrilled.
    Sure, why not? That feature is in the newest update.

Here is one to look at... Next file button doesn't work for these either...
    That seems to be an improperly formatted LIT, I'm afraid. According to the meta data, the whole book is one small file (even though the content for the rest of the book is clearly there). Not sure there's much I can do about that, but I'll try to think of something.
    So far everything working fine. Do we still have to remove this app first before we can upgrade it?
    I deleted the previous version, but am having trouble with this one. It downloads, but then says "install error", and wants me to re-download. This has happened several times.

Is this something with FileCoaster?
    Last edited by Elizabeth1129; 11/18/2009 at 01:48 PM. Reason: add'l info
    eek... ok... I can also look around and see if there is any other formats for that book that work better.

Thanks
    What a great day! Palm Reader has an update and I got my period to page up. Thanks!
    Last edited by galavanter; 11/19/2009 at 06:59 PM.
    I tried to make the bookmark at the time that I posted and it didnt let me make it, kept popping up an error, but starting the next day i was able to make bookmarks again so it might have just been having problems from staying open too long.
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1129 View Post
    I deleted the previous version, but am having trouble with this one. It downloads, but then says "install error", and wants me to re-download. This has happened several times.

Is this something with FileCoaster?
    I'm not sure I didn't have any trouble installing the update. Did anyone else?

So far everything working fine. Do we still have to remove this app first before we can upgrade it?
    No, that should only be necessary the one time.
    Quick thought after installing SimpleBible and its 66-plus html books: Any way to set a preference to have Palm Reader ignore specific file types when browsing (or, the alternative, to have PRPRPR $only$ $search$ $for$ $specific$ $file$ $types$)?
  18. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I have a problem with bookmarks. If I click the 'bookmark' button, sometimes it says 'Bookmark added', sometimes it doesn't. If I select it from the top menu, it says 'bookmark added', but when I go to the bookmark manager, it gives a message that there are no bookmarks?
    I really like this app. Almost all of my ebooks are in pdf format, so I can't put to much use yet. Hopefully they will add pdf as a supported format soon! Awesome work so far!
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
    After the update it does .lit on my German Pre!
    No bookmarks, though. Maybe that will work with the new WebOS
    - DerSarek

Paranoia is just reality at a higher resolution.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast