Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 300
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by BJB-Treo View Post
    It doesn't want to install. I get md5sum mismatch and figured the file got corrupted, so I downloaded 3 more times and got the same error. Preware downloads & installs other apps just fine. Am using Preware v0.9.12, webOS v1.2.1, & downloading Popelli v0.2.11. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    ditto
  2. sandrshe's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #262  
    same here...how do install Popelli v0.2.11 without md5sum errors?
  3. #263  
    App catalog version 0.2.12 downloads and installs fine. Congratulations!

    I did find that when searching I had to type in ALL the letters for "Popelli" before the App catalog would "find" it.
  4. Anashti's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #264  
    I tried to convert and unencrypted Mobi (.prc) today. When I open the book, all that is displayed is a single blank page.
  5. #265  
    My dad and I are both not able to install this from Preware. It gives an IPKG error during installation. Is there something wrong with the current version on Preware? Anyway to get around this or fix in the works?
    Thanks,
  6. #266  
    I'm using version 0.2.12. I'm having trouble loading files from gutenberg.org. These files are fine in Adobe Digital Editions.

    The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde - Project Gutenberg
    In the epub version of this book, the second file that the app creates is from much later in the book. Also, the links don't work.

    A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain - Project Gutenberg
    I cannot get the epub or mobi versions to load at all, and the html version only loads partially.
  7. #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    App catalog version 0.2.12 downloads and installs fine. Congratulations!

    I did find that when searching I had to type in ALL the letters for "Popelli" before the App catalog would "find" it.
    I did a search for "reader" and it popped up.
  8. jp25f's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #268  
    Can I view a PDF file in Landscape using the Popelli reader. That would make it worthwhile for me. Thanks.
  9.    #269  
    As I've said a few times, yes there is a problem with the Preware version, but that is not supported anymore anyway since it is live in the app catalog.

    Can I view a PDF file in Landscape using the Popelli reader
    No, the reader does not support PDF files at this time.

    I'm using version 0.2.12. I'm having trouble loading files from gutenberg.org. These files are fine in Adobe Digital Editions.
    I will take a look at these books and get back to you.
  10. Pavel's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #270  
    I have bought a lot of my books from WebScriptions (WebScription Ebooks) they sell their books in non-DMR and in many formats. Until there is a native reader for webos that will read Amazon/mobi DMRed books about 1/3 of my library is useless to me.
  11. conum's Avatar
    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    #271  
    as there is no chance furthermore to get the reader in non us-app-catalogs, i say byebye to palmreader .... eh - popelli
  12. #272  
    Are you saying this reader works on the Palm Pre? If so, how? I'd love to load it to mine.
  13. Anashti's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #273  
    The last day or so something went really wrong with the conversion process.. Books are coming over without single or double quotes , so "She'd" is being rendered as Shed.my only change is I bought and installed the AppCat version. Imma try 2.10 again
  14. #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    as there is no chance furthermore to get the reader in non us-app-catalogs, i say byebye to palmreader .... eh - popelli
    Yeah not happy either, I ended up uninstalling a previous version because I saw there was an update, but it didnt work, but since I live in Canada I can't get it here anymore. Really disappointed with this, as I have been loving the program, and have been considering buying it whenever it is possible to actually buy apps in Canada. At this point though...
  15. Anashti's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by Anashti View Post
    The last day or so something went really wrong with the conversion process.. Books are coming over without single or double quotes , so "She'd" is being rendered as Shed.my only change is I bought and installed the AppCat version. Imma try 2.10 again
    Confirmed... The issue is serverside :/ i'm going back to my Sony Reader. So disappoint as this was thw first and like only app I'll buy via AppCat.

    Hope this is fix eventually and Palm/Developers works out how to maintain previous versions so that consumers have the option of reverting to one that is known to be stable.
  16. #276  
    Hi, is there a possibility to download Version 0.2.12? In PreCentral I can only find 0.2.11 and the App Catalog doesn't work in Germany at the moment. 0.2.11 has that checksum error when I tried to install.
  17.    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by Anashti View Post
    The last day or so something went really wrong with the conversion process.. Books are coming over without single or double quotes , so "She'd" is being rendered as Shed.my only change is I bought and installed the AppCat version. Imma try 2.10 again
    Quote Originally Posted by Anashti View Post
    Confirmed... The issue is serverside :/ i'm going back to my Sony Reader. So disappoint as this was thw first and like only app I'll buy via AppCat.

    Hope this is fix eventually and Palm/Developers works out how to maintain previous versions so that consumers have the option of reverting to one that is known to be stable.
    Could either of you send me an example of a problem book to sendbooks@popelli.com so I can fix the issue?
  18.    #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat.x View Post
    Hi, is there a possibility to download Version 0.2.12? In PreCentral I can only find 0.2.11 and the App Catalog doesn't work in Germany at the moment. 0.2.11 has that checksum error when I tried to install.
    I'm very sorry that Palm doesn't allow sale of applications outside the US. I know they'll be rectifying that issue before too long.
  19. #279  
    I'm using Popelli (v0.2.12) for mobile access to a large unstructured text database. It's blazing fast at searches compared to the native pdf and doc viewers on the Pre, but doesn't allow copying text. The database is not copyrighted, and it would really help me if I could copy small sections of the text to other Pre apps. Is there any way to do that? If not, are there any plans to incorporate this feature in the future? Thanks.
  20.    #280  
    I'm using Popelli (v0.2.12) for mobile access to a large unstructured text database. It's blazing fast at searches compared to the native pdf and doc viewers on the Pre, but doesn't allow copying text. The database is not copyrighted, and it would really help me if I could copy small sections of the text to other Pre apps. Is there any way to do that? If not, are there any plans to incorporate this feature in the future?
    It is on the list of future updates, but I admit it's not high on the list Sorry about that.

    I'm very sorry that Palm doesn't allow sale of applications outside the US. I know they'll be rectifying that issue before too long.
    For those of you outside the country that wish to continue using the reader, email support@popelli.com and I will share with you a possible interim solution while Palm advances the catalog.

Posting Permissions