Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Perfect, thanks!!
    The latest update 0.2.11 (Popelli Reader?!?) killed all of my bookmarks.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    If anyone needs something to try out the new reader, my book's available for free in various formats. See my sig for details.
    XENOLITH (a contemporary fantasy)
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4612
    FREE with coupon code XY39L
    say the name change... At 1st I was thinking how I got an update for this app I don't even know what it is. The little icon on preware still says palm reader. Maybe it hasn't been updated yet.
  5.    #205  
    I've posted an update (version 0.2.11). Note that the name of the app has changed to Popelli Reader, as Palm just decided they will not publish an app starting with "Palm."
    Quote Originally Posted by vance6842 View Post
    Popelli Reader, as Palm just decided they will not publish an app starting with "Palm."
    I had a feeling that was going to be the case.
    How to put this simply - 2.11 stinks. Too strong? Well, if you're going to wipe my library entries, you should note that on the update page in LARGE BOLD LETTERS. Apparently the same with bookmarks, which I don't use. Without warning destroying hours of work that appreciative users put in so they could enjoy your application is not acceptable for what is supposed to soon be a commercial app.
    And on a less angry note, can you either get rid of the slider or give an option to simply enter a percentage? It is simply not precise enough to allow for positioning. As an example, after somebody wiped my library without warning, I reloaded the book I was currently reading, and I happened to recall that I was at 77%. But the closest I could get was either 74.03% which was in the previous file, or 81.5% which I accepted because I could at least flick back more easily.
    It was going so well - please don't let this be the start of a downhill slide!
  8.    #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    How to put this simply - 2.11 stinks. Too strong? Well, if you're going to wipe my library entries, you should note that on the update page in LARGE BOLD LETTERS. Apparently the same with bookmarks, which I don't use. Without warning destroying hours of work that appreciative users put in so they could enjoy your application is not acceptable for what is supposed to soon be a commercial app.
    And on a less angry note, can you either get rid of the slider or give an option to simply enter a percentage? It is simply not precise enough to allow for positioning. As an example, after somebody wiped my library without warning, I reloaded the book I was currently reading, and I happened to recall that I was at 77%. But the closest I could get was either 74.03% which was in the previous file, or 81.5% which I accepted because I could at least flick back more easily.
    I'm very sorry to upset you so. I had no idea the library wouldn't port.

I've already got the GoTo->Specify feature request on my list from several users.
    I am unable to insall this via preware. It says it installs but it does not show on the phone and the launch button in preware does not bring it up either. I did a "brief" search here and do not see anyone else having this issue. Will a WOSQI install work?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmakar169 View Post
    I am unable to insall this via preware. It says it installs but it does not show on the phone and the launch button in preware does not bring it up either. I did a "brief" search here and do not see anyone else having this issue. Will a WOSQI install work?
    Got it using WOSQI. Awesome!
    Anyone here tried PReader?
    Its not as fancy and feature rich.

But it gets the vital basics right.
    I have been using it and it holds your place really well, you don't have to scroll around to find your place all the time.

It is light on hogging resources and seems to release them well when you close the program.

also, it paginates really well, no chopped lines. (a smaller issue than the other two.)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmakar169 View Post
    I cant get it to work on preware or WOSQI. Im freaking out cause i use it many times a day. How did you get it to work on WOSQI anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilemitch View Post
    Anyone here tried PReader?
    Its not as fancy and feature rich.

But it gets the vital basics right.
    I have been using it and it holds your place really well, you don't have to scroll around to find your place all the time.

It is light on hogging resources and seems to release them well when you close the program.

also, it paginates really well, no chopped lines. (a smaller issue than the other two.)
    Using encrypted ereader books is important to me. Therefore, the only reasonable choice for me is to use pReader. I find it very adequate for my reading.
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Tried preware AND webos quick install and neither one installs the app. Great, 83% through a book and now no reader! If you're running 2.10, leave it alone!
    Can't install it either... preware says it installed it, but it does not show up anywhere... ssupidly i played around with it too much and now i don't have the old version to fall back to either...

And I still have not figured out how to properly use chapters for my ebooks cause I'm reading manly free fan fiction ebooks which are not in any cool format and I don't know what I should to to get a nice file... but then again, I'm not even sure what a proper chapter support means, e.g. if it means i can access the chapters somehow, or get links from a linked TOC, or ...
    But first, I have to get it to show up again...
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    It's been my understanding - and my experience - that this has been the case with all of the updates to this program since it came out. I remember reading warnings by the author to uninstall the old version before putting the new one on (although I don't see that warning on the precentral entry anymore. I assume that I lose things in between updates at this point. The frustration makes sense - I never had that with iSilo or anything....but this is a beta.
    Looks like I am having the same problems as others. Unable to load the newest version. Hope this issue gets resolved.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Same here. I've tried installing via Preware and WebOSQI. Both say they're successful, but no app ever shows up. Even after a full reboot.
    Used WebOSRU to see if any weird file leftovers were around, but (thankfully) the system is clean.
    Disappointing. Had just put in a fair amount of time cusomizing my library entries. The database is probably still there somwhere, just not the app. And this reader was progressing so well.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    same here
  20.    #220  
    Some people are able to install the update, I imagine, or they wouldn't be complaining about the library being deleted I wonder if someone that has managed to successfully install this update could share the method he used?