1.    #1  
    Hi,

I released my first homebrew (not my first WebOS) app: Match This!

It's a kind of funny and nice match-tiles game. The important thing is: you play against your PrPrPr $makes$ $it$ $more$ $fun$ $and$ $challange$ $than$ $playing$ $just$ $alone$.

Have a try, it is and will be free.

I hope to have it also in the AppCatalog once. But I would like to get some feedback before.

Current features:

• Sound effects
    • Human vs. Computer
    • 3 diffcult levels
    • 2 tile sets
    • 2 board sizes
    • Portrait or landscape
    • Pixi compatible

If you like it, please .

main.png

second.png
    Last edited by MetaView; 11/09/2009 at 03:05 AM.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    how do i download
  3.    #3  
    Should appear in the homebrew section in a couple of days. I just submitted it.
    metaview, i've noticed a few things with the app when testing it on the pixi emulator (if you're concerned with the pixi res at this time). the bottom left and right corner tiles are very slightly cut off, but also when there is a notification you lose 25px at the bottom of the screen and it cuts into the bottom tiles. i've been doing a lot of testing of my apps on the pixi, so it's something i look for right away.

i definitely enjoy playing against the pre. would you mind if i check your code to see how your "AI" works? it would be nice to have different levels of AI as a preference possibly (since the pre knows where everything is).

you could also make it so you have to match 3 and/or 4 instead of just two. i haven't seen it before, but it would make for a pretty good game to have to keep memory of just more than 2 tiles.

i would recommend just making different color solid backgrounds instead of using the pics on the phone (or both). i'm a plain solid kinda guy, and care more about how good the game is instead of flashy graphics.

all-in-all a nice game! cheers
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the feedback. The PrPrPr $only$ $remembers$ $tiles$ $which$ $where$ $already$ $visible$. $The$ $next$ $update$ $will$ $have$ $3$ $different$ $leves$ $of$ $AI$. $ATM$ $it$'$s$ $planned$ $to$ $just$ $alter$ $the$ $rate$ $of$ $forgetting$ $tiles$. $Also$ $on$ $the$ $Pixi$ $you$ $should$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $scroll$ $the$ $playfield$ $up$ $a$ $bit$. $I$ $also$ $started$ $to$ $make$ $my$ $tests$ $with$ $both$ $resolutions$. $A$ $notification$ $will$ $make$ $it$ $hard$, $right$.

Henk
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. The PrPrPr $only$ $remembers$ $tiles$ $which$ $where$ $already$ $visible$. $The$ $next$ $update$ $will$ $have$ $3$ $different$ $leves$ $of$ $AI$. $ATM$ $it$'$s$ $planned$ $to$ $just$ $alter$ $the$ $rate$ $of$ $forgetting$ $tiles$. $Also$ $on$ $the$ $Pixi$ $you$ $should$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $scroll$ $the$ $playfield$ $up$ $a$ $bit$. $I$ $also$ $started$ $to$ $make$ $my$ $tests$ $with$ $both$ $resolutions$. $A$ $notification$ $will$ $make$ $it$ $hard$, $right$.

Henk
    that's definitely a nice way of doing the AI. being able to change the rate of forgetting is a good idea - looking forward to checking it out.

for the pixi, could you make your tiles slightly rectangular instead of square (drop about 4px on each) under a different css tag? then just check Mojo.Environment.DeviceInfo.screenHeight and adjust accordingly.
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Any chance of making this a 2 player game as well? Also, need an easier level for my little ones to be able to play it.

Great Game.
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
  8.    #8  
    Human vs. human? Well, might be easy. Let's see what I will able to do over the weekend. The easiest AI level just remembers around 3 tiles (it's really random). Maybe there must be also some more stupidity in the AI to be able to be beaten by small ones. I will ask my 5 year daughter for beta testing

@shanerooni a bit smaller pieces should be possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASprintGuy View Post
    Any chance of making this a 2 player game as well? Also, need an easier level for my little ones to be able to play it.

Great Game.
    +1

it would be nice to change even the number of tiles in a game, like a 4x4 for easy, 6x6 for med and 8x8 for hard (not sure if 8x8 would make the touchpad too small to hit accurately). interesting idea.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I'd love this game if volume control were possible! I could not get it to quiet down ..

Good sound effects when I am in the mood for them though!
  11.    #11  
    You could just use the mute switch.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I believe I tried the mute switch and that didn't disable the sound, either. I'll try again later.
    no sound w/ the mute switch
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Ok, now it works with the mute switch- but it would be nice to have volume control within the game as well- it seems to be all or nothing..
  15.    #15  
    I submitted an update:
    * 3 difficult levels
    * 2 tile sets
    * 2 board sizes
    * Portrait or landscape
    * Pixi compatible