webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > SecuStore
SecuStore
View Poll Results: How often do you use the expiry feature for your passwords?
All the time 0 0%
Frequently 0 0%
Rarely 2 33.33%
Never 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree3Likes

Old 11/03/2009, 06:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

SecuStore enables you to safely store sensitve data like pins, credit card numbers and varius passwords on your palm pre or pixi. It allows you to organize your data into sets that are encrypted and stored indiviually and that can each be accessed with a single master password.

SecuStore uses the blowfish cipher in combination with the sha-256 hash algorithm to store your data in a secure fashion.

It also offers various features that will help you enormously to manage and maintain your data:
  • Make your passwords stronger using the build in password generator that turns user input into genuinly random passwords! You may choose between an alphanumeric password, a password that is easy to type in on the Pre or Pixi and no character restriction at all.
  • Use SecuStores Auto Insert feature to conveniently access your online accounts by only a few taps or use it to change your old passwords for the ones SecuStore generated for you!
  • Prevent data loss by backing up your sets or transfer your data between devices.
  • Import data from other applications using SecuStores ability to import any kind of csv file.
  • Let SecuStore remind you whenever one of your passwords has expired after a lifespan that you determine!
  • Access your sets conveniently using Gesture Lock!

SecuStore is now also supported by Save/Restore from webOS internals which makes for a very easy backup procedure! Check out Save/Restore via Preware!

SecuStore is yet in development which means that it is still lacking some functions that will be included in the final release. You are welcome (and encouraged!) to give suggestions or report bugs in this forum.

For more information and screenshots please visit SecuStores Homebrew App page or the official homepage SecuStore for webOS

Note: Due to the advanced state of development versions 0.9.4 and higher will be released with an expiration date. For those who will continue updating secustore regularly this wont make any difference until the final release since the expiration date will be delayed with each new beta version.

For the newest version click here.

Changelog:

Version 0.9.0:
Initial release

Version 0.9.1 (2009/11/10)
  • Overall design has changed!
  • New type "License key"

Version 0.9.2 (2009/11/21)
  • New feature "instant search"
  • New option "open in browser" in the auto insert card stage
  • New feature for password generator: generate passwords by shaking
  • Fixed bug where master passwords where reset to an empty string after restoring a set.

Version 0.9.3 (2009/11/24)
  • Some icons have changed
  • Commit login with enter button
  • Sets stay unlocked until locked manually or app is closed
  • Items can be moved between sets

Version 0.9.4 (2009/11/29)
  • Added preferences to main scene
  • New feature gesture lock

Version 0.9.5 (2009/12/23)
  • SecuStore is now fully customizable!
  • Order items by template or title
  • Tap row to copy to clipboard
  • Various optimizations and refactoring

Version 0.9.6 (2010/1/1)
  • Improved error handling
  • fixed bug occuring when moving items from one set to another
  • csv import

Version 0.9.7: (2010/01/15)
  • fixed bug occuring when changing the password of a set
  • fixed bug occuring when trying to import without having created a set
  • New feature: restore from clipboard
  • Provided workaround for the trailing ampersand bug
  • Sets can now be deleted from the start screen.
  • Improved CSV import

Version 0.9.8:
  • Improved encryption implementation (SHA256, key strengthening)
  • Help, including a full manual
  • Improved password strength indicator

Version 0.9.9: (2010/02/20)
  • Fixed bug regarding Gesture Lock
  • Disabled full "shutdown" after expiry of a version

Version 0.9.10: (2010/03/26)
  • Fixed bug with passwords, titles and notes containing &'s
  • enabled copying notes to clipboard

Version 0.9.11: (2010/04/05)
  • Fixed copy to clipboard bug
  • recognition of dates, e-mail adresses, phone numbers and URLs --> open calendar, e-mail, phone or browser from item view

Version 0.9.12: (2010/04/28)
General refactoring for compability with desktop client:
  • Small changes in encryption implementation
  • set names, item titles and template names have to be unique
  • keeping track of alteration dates

Version 0.9.13: (2010/06/30)
  • customized splash screen
  • sort by alteration date

Last edited by Maggun; 06/30/2010 at 09:17 AM. Reason: changelog update
Maggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by hertzi, rand0m1, sshaka, Stlsports
Old 11/13/2009, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

How is this information backed up? I suppose it can be retrieved after if it is lost?

Thanks
Old 11/13/2009, 03:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Very cool app. Backing up the data is the only feature request I have.

The UI is excellent and the built-in auto fill feature is a godsend. Will this be a paid app eventually? I can definitely see myself shelling out for this one.
Leathal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2009, 01:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

It would be nice to be able to import data
ranros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2009, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

I played around with the back up option a bit. It created an encrypted email that i'm assuming would need to be copied into a txt file, and then transfered back onto the phone in order to restore data. Is that correct?
ahogue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2009, 12:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Hi!

First off, thanks for developing this useful app! Like the other posters above, I think importing data rather than manually entering it would be nice. However, I've been using and enjoying SecuStore.

The web integration is wonderful. I do find myself occasionally having trouble with the auto-fill. Instead of filling the field as soon as you tap on it, you could have the behavior be: tap on field, then tap username/password to fill field. I just end up having to erase the field when it guesses wrong initially.

Are you familiar with KeePass, a popular open source / cross platform password application? Have you thought of turning SecuStore in to a webOS port of KeePass? It seems like you're halfway there.

Downloads - KeePass

Keep up the good work!
anon5015742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2009, 03:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Hi.

First of all, thank you for your interest in our application and your useful comments. I am glad that you enjoyed using our first beta release and we hope you stay tuned on the changes to come since there will be a lot more exciting features in future releases.

We are currently working on a website that will offer you more information and - most importantly - help in case you have any problems using our application.
But until the website is online, i will try to answer any questions in this forum.

So here we go:

Quote:
Very cool app. Backing up the data is the only feature request I have.
Quote:
How is this information backed up? I suppose it can be retrieved after if it is lost?
Quote:
It created an encrypted email that i'm assuming would need to be copied into a txt file, and then transfered back onto the phone in order to restore data. Is that correct?
Here is how to back up and restore your data:

At this point, you can only back up a set by sending an e-mail to yourself that contains the encrypted data. You can do that by selecting the "Create backup..." option in the application menu of the scene showing a single set.
ahogue82 got it quite right. You then have to copy the text from the e-mail into a text-file and move this file onto your device. Once the file is stored on your device, you can restore the data any time by selecting the option "Restore set..." in the application menu of the main scene.

Quote:
It would be nice to be able to import data
Importing data even from other data storage applications will definetly be possible in the final release.

Quote:
Have you thought of turning SecuStore in to a webOS port of KeePass? It seems like you're halfway there.
There will be a SecuStore counterpart at some point that will enable SecuStore to sync with your pc. However, it is not clear yet whether this application will be designed individually or a third party application will be used.

Quote:
Will this be a paid app eventually? I can definitely see myself shelling out for this one.
Yes, SecuStore will be a paid application once we have exceeded the beta status. It is currently planned to also release a light version that will lag some of the more advanced features but will remain free of charge.

If you have any more questions or problems, please dont hesitate to ask.
Old 11/18/2009, 11:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

How functional is the backup/restore feature?

I've tried to test it with some made up data sets, and it has not worked for me.

In the course of this, I've had some unusual results with deleting a set?

I'd like to be more helpful about what I'm doing when I experience these bugs, but my quick impression is that the app isn't very friendly to having more than one data set at a time? All of my initial testing, where I had trouble, was with two data sets, but when I attempted a restore with no data sets, it worked fine to restore one data set.

Feature request: a search-as-you-type feature would be great.

I really like the splashID app, but they don't backup and it looks like they are committed to making backup require their special sync app. I love your simple approach w encrypted email.
notcalvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2009, 11:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

I think this is some sample code for the relevant widget...
Old 11/18/2009, 03:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ok, update on restores...

I have had some success with restores now, but here is what happens...

1) after restore, I'm inside the set, and I can see the various items and open and close them
2) after I leave the set, I can not go back in - it asks for the password and then tells me the password I entered is wrong, even though it is the same password that I used to restore the data.
Thanked By: Maggun
Old 11/18/2009, 03:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thank you for your detailed error report, notcalvin. We have been able to reproduce the error and are fixing it right now. Currently the password of the restored set is set to an empty string when initially stored in the database. Simply change the sets password after you restored it. The bug will be fixed in the next version.

The filterlist widget will also be implemented in the next version.

Last edited by Maggun; 11/18/2009 at 05:46 PM.
Thanked By: notcalvin
Old 11/19/2009, 10:38 AM   #12 (permalink)

For others following this thread, to change a password, enter the set that has the password you want to change, open the application menu (the top left menu) and select action > change set.

This will permit you to change the set name as well as password.
Old 11/20/2009, 10:32 AM   #13 (permalink)

As you might have noticed, the first post of this thread is missing. Unfortunately when i tried to edit it it somehow got lost. I reported the error and hopefully it will be restored soon.
Until then, you'll find all the information on the homebrew app page or the official website www.secustore.info.

But there are also good news:

Version 0.9.2 is now available with the following changes and new features:
  • Instant search is now possible in the sets. Just start typing and you'll find what you need
  • When you open a website to auto insert your username and password there now is an option "open in browser" in the application menu which you might want to use after you logged in.
  • You can now also generate your passwords by shaking!
  • Fixed bug where master passwords where reset to an empty string after restoring a set.
Thanked By: hertzi
Old 11/20/2009, 11:20 AM   #14 (permalink)

Just updated with preware. I think it might be time to put my info in!

Minor bug: when instant search finds no matches, it reports that the set does not contain any items yet, rather than something like 'no items match your search'.

Thanks!
Old 11/20/2009, 11:25 AM   #15 (permalink)

Feature suggestion: it might be nice if you could filter based on type of item (Internet, PIN, Credit Card, etc), and then just browse that list (in the event the instant search comes up empty).

To be clear, it seems to me that the app has all the fundamentals - things are find-able, encrypted, and backup-able.

All the rest is convenience, robustness and debugging.

PS - even more minor bug - in the item type list (in add new item card) 'Credit Card' is misspelled as 'credidcard'.
Old 11/20/2009, 02:09 PM   #16 (permalink)

Ok, there is one more 'necessary feature'... import, which I recall is on the list.

I bet KeePass would be a great template for that.
Old 11/21/2009, 12:52 AM   #17 (permalink)

I really enjoy the app. If I drag and drop the items in a set how do I get them to stay in that order?

hmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2009, 04:38 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Feature suggestion: it might be nice if you could filter based on type of item (Internet, PIN, Credit Card, etc), and then just browse that list (in the event the instant search comes up empty).
Quote:
If I drag and drop the items in a set how do I get them to stay in that order?
It is planned to make it possible to order by type, title or frequency of use. When this is done there really is no point in reordering the items any more.
However, in case of the list of sets there will be the possibility of reordering the sets and keep them in order which is not possible right now.

Thanks again for your suggestions and bug reports!
Old 11/22/2009, 09:07 AM   #19 (permalink)

hey maggun,

thanks for this awesome app. I mainly use it to login into my web accounts and just love it.
Two request I have. The first is please make it possible to hit 'Enter' to login into a set instead of pressing the 'go' button and second change the standard action of internet passwords from 'change' to 'open web site'.
Can hardly wait for you app to appear in the catalog, it's a sure buy.
hertzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2009, 09:52 AM   #20 (permalink)

Thank you for your suggestions, hertzi.
You're quite right about the login dialog. One should be able to use the enter button. I'm making a note.
About the "open webpage" option: Did you notice that you can open the webpage by tapping the url?
Thanked By: hertzi

Tags
passwords, safe, secure, storage, utility

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0