View Poll Results: How often do you use the expiry feature for your passwords?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

0 0%
  • Frequently

0 0%
  • Rarely

2 33.33%
  • Never

4 66.67%
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Awesome! Will the desktop version have the ability to auto-fill fields and auto-sign-in?
    For now we're focusing on implementing the basic features. However there is now reason why the desktop version should lack any features the webOS version has so they're going to come eventually.

Would be great to have a 'sample' CSV file with different examples and column headers. IN a way that becomes a poor man's PC file.
    There are no restrictions on how exactly a CSV file for import has to look like except that the data for each item has to be separated by a line break. A sample CSV-File could look like this:

Code:
    "Title", "Url", "PinCode", "UserName", "Notes"
    "Some, Title", "http://www.example.com", "46875", "johndoe01", "here are some notes"
    another Title, www.precentral.net, 12345, Maggun, ""
    You don't have to use , as a delimiter. Double quotes are important if the delimiter or a line break occurs in the field but isn't necessary otherwise.

In this example you could use the first line as Field names. You'd probably choose the first column as Title and the last one as notes and you might want to treat the PinCodes as passwords. For the title, notes and password the field name from the first line is ignored and the values are stored in their specific fields. All the other values are stored in fields named by the values in the first line or simply numbered if you chose not to use the first line as field names.

What is the TrueCrypt feature? I use TrueCrypt on my PC - how does it work in SecuStore? Can I import truecrypt files?
    This is just an example for a customized template. In a template called "Truecrypt container" you might have the fields "file path" and "password". You can't import TrueCrypt files and SecuStore is no replacement for TrueCrypt as it is not capable of encrypting files or whole devices but you can manage all your TrueCrypt password conveniently using SecuStore.
    Hey !
    I am very interested in this software because but in future I have one problem.
    In my country (Austria) the payed applications of Palm App Catalog are not supported.
    Will it be possible to buy SecuStore in another way (PayPal) and you send me *.ipk by E-Mail ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Peter
  3.    #163  
    Hi Peter,

I understand your problem and we will try to find a solution for all the users that don't have access to paid apps yet. We might for a limited time make SecuStore available for free in the concerned countrys or we might continue keeping it available on Prencentral.net.
    We certainly won't forget the poor fellas who are still beeing left out in the cold without paid apps!
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    A suggestion for you to assuage those unwilling to commit to your app price unknown: make a CSV clear text export function. Most password apps have the import function, so if they felt they needed to jump ship, they could. also, in doing so you'll have made your app more versatile.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Bug alert! I have noticed that if you change the order of the sets on the main page by holding down on one and moving it up or down, the new order is not preserved when you exit the app and relaunch it. I don't think I saw this bug in previous versions but maybe I just did not notice it.
    @maggun
    Great !!!!!!
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    A suggestion for you to assuage those unwilling to commit to your app price unknown: make a CSV clear text export function. Most password apps have the import function, so if they felt they needed to jump ship, they could. also, in doing so you'll have made your app more versatile.
    Due to the very generic data structure used in our application CSV is not sufficient for depicting data stored in SecuStore. In fact most kinds of data like those using customized templates cannot even be stored in other, more static architectures.
    This is both a strength and a weakness of SecuStore: Due to its more generic and flexible architecture the data stored in it is hardly "downward compatible" to other applications.

We are going to make it easier for users to commit to SecuStore in other ways. The app is going to hit the app catalog very soon and we will anounce the price shortly prior to that. Also with the desktop sync solution coming we don't really see any reason why one should want switch to another application (;

Bug alert! I have noticed that if you change the order of the sets on the main page by holding down on one and moving it up or down, the new order is not preserved when you exit the app and relaunch it. I don't think I saw this bug in previous versions but maybe I just did not notice it.
    Thanks for reporting. We'll look into this.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Congratulations! I knew I'd have to leave my tried and true Strip on the PalmOS someday...
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Is this app appropriate for WebOS 1.4.2?
    How is this program coming along? Very interested in seeing it in the App Catalog soon!
  11.    #171  
    Hi Guys!

We're sorry you haven't heard anything from us for some time. So this is the situation: SecuStore for webOS is finished. Both the full and the lite version are ready for deployment.
    Unfortunately in order to submit the application to the app catalog we need something called a CCAT number provided by the US Bureau of Industry and Security. We have filed a request over two months ago but the guys from BIS don't seem to come out of their... we'll they are taking a little longer than we'd expected. Only thing left to do is wait. We hope it won't take much longer but we can't promise anything.
    Of course the beta version will be kept available. We'll let you know as soon as there are any news.
  12.    #172  
    Hi Guys!

While we are still waiting for the BIS to provide the information required to submit SecuStore to the app catalog we are making good progress developing a synchronization solution.

The SecuStore desktop client as well as the new webOS version are almost ready for testing and so we are looking for alpha testers! The focus will be on testing the basic functionality of the desktop client as well as synchronizing between the desktop client and the webOS client.

If you are interested please contact us via info@secustore.info.
  13.    #173  
    It is done! After BIS has finally provided the neccessary information SecuStore 1.0.0 has been submitted to palm for review and we expect it to hit the app catalog very shortly!

The price for the full version will be 8.99 $. There will also be a lite version for free.
    The last beta version on precentral.net will expire a month after SecuStore hitting the app catalog.

We are still looking for alpha tester for SecuStore desktop so if you are interested in testing our synchronization solution contact us at info@secustore.info!
    Could you please provide the differences between full & lite versions? I have been using the beta for months and I absolutely love it! I don't buy expensive apps due to my tight budget.. Is lite version similar to beta or would I have to get full version to have similar experiences with beta?
  15.    #175  
    SecuStore lite will only allow to store one Set with up to 10 items. However you can restore a Set from the beta version which may contain as many items as you like. You just won't be able to add any new ones. Also in the lite version importing csv-fileds, creating new templates and synching wont be possible.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Can you confirm the official version of SecuStore working with WebOSInternals Save/Restore? I am able to confirm saving and restoring from the Beta version 0.9.13 but when I attempt to restore with a freshly installed v1.0.0 Save/Restore gives me the following error: 'com.makleso.secustore not installed'
  17.    #177  
    The official version does not yet work with Save/Restore also restoring data from Secustore 0.9.X to 1.0.0 via Save/Restore won't work at all since the two applications have different ids and don't use the same storage. Backup your data the normal way and restore in 1.0.0 via paste or file.
  18.    #178  
    For everyone who is having trouble with the official 1.0.0 release of SecuStore:
    There has been a problem with the submission of the correct ipk. There seem to be some issues with the current one. A fix has been submitted and will hopefully be published very shortly.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    It seems odd you'd put Save/Restore functionality in the App description when it is not yet supported.

I'm also unable to get the traditional copy/paste backup to work. Upon pasting it asks me for a password. I verify the password and choose Import Set. The set is then created but is empty. Help?

Edit: Sorry. In the time it took to write this post the developer already noticed the issue. Disregard.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I have 6 sets in Secustore beta which expires on Aug 1.
    I can create a backup in four sets, which is sent as encrypted text to an email-adress.
    2 of my setc cannot be backuped, it's only one row of encrypted text in the email, though there are several records in the sets.
    How can I get my data into the paid app?
    There's only the way to restore from file and clipboard.
    How to put my data in clipboard?
    How to create a file (with which extension)?
    The helpfile is rather outdated and has no hints on migrating to the paid app.
    Or should I go to SplashID?
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast